Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #326
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW
 
aquablueL99's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chalmers, Indiana
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John,
What's up my friend?. Love the sound of the car....it is something how they just keep pullin'....Now I know it is the best of the best!! Let's see....oh yeah...WOW!!!

I almost forgot....

Kurt...ABL99...
John,
Fall off the face of the earth or did the hogs eat ya?? I know....busy, busy!!

Your friend..Kurt
__________________
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #327
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John,
Fall off the face of the earth or did the hogs eat ya?? I know....busy, busy!!

Your friend..Kurt
I'm sorry my friend, it's been a hectic 2 months (PM coming). I've just been enjoying the power between trips back to the east coast. I've neglected a lot of things, I have $500 worth of Showstopper parts I have to install, billet pullies, smaller blower pulley, then work on the sound system....But I can't forget my biggest supporter on the site, thank you Kurt for all your positive mojo! It's always appreciated my friend.
__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #328
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,556
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hey J ,what's up buddy? missed you on the forums man , how've you been?
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #329
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW
 
aquablueL99's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chalmers, Indiana
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I'm sorry my friend, it's been a hectic 2 months (PM coming). I've just been enjoying the power between trips back to the east coast. I've neglected a lot of things, I have $500 worth of Showstopper parts I have to install, billet pullies, smaller blower pulley, then work on the sound system....But I can't forget my biggest supporter on the site, thank you Kurt for all your positive mojo! It's always appreciated my friend.
Hi buddy. I got your PM. I will PM you when I have some time. I would like for you to know I am here for you and your family. I have no issue talking with you anytime...Like I advised Tim..."my time is your time"....219-863-2883.

Sincerely..

Kurt ABL99...
__________________
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #330
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Hey J ,what's up buddy? missed you on the forums man , how've you been?
Been good P, taking advantage of the south swell that's been hitting the coast, so having fun in the water.....It's the only place my head is clear!




Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Hi buddy. I got your PM. I will PM you when I have some time. I would like for you to know I am here for you and your family. I have no issue talking with you anytime...Like I advised Tim..."my time is your time"....219-863-2883.

Sincerely..

Kurt ABL99...
Thank you for all the conversation Kurt, it means a lot to me...You're a CLASS ACT & I'm proud to call you a friend.


On to the whip, more upcoming mods.....I know it never stops...
here's the list
RX Monster Catch Can
Replacing all pulleys with Billet pulleys
Ordered from Supercharger Connection (Great peeps) OD Cog Drive god for 3.5 PSI of Boost & Zero belt slip, ZR1 3 Bar Map sensor, 3.6" Maggie Pulley good for another 3 psi of boat, so I'll be right around 12psi. Those go in this week, then I can focus on my exterior design paint job. I picked up a sponsor locally that want to give me a full paint job, so we're working on the design now, then comes the BOOM, new head unit, amps, speakers, crossover, rear camera and more painted interior. Hopefully my new AAC Concept mirrors will be here shortly too.

Pics to follow
__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #331
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,246
Car is looking bad ass as always! Get those parts on so we can see some pictures already, lol
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #332
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Car is looking bad ass as always! Get those parts on so we can see some pictures already, lol
Yes Sir, you know I got plenty of my pulley ideas from yours truly! Thank you FN!
__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #333
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,556
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
sounds like you're going from beast to monster ,damn J can't wait to see the build pics.
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #334
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
sounds like you're going from beast to monster ,damn J can't wait to see the build pics.
Thanks bro, I'm looking forward to adding the OD Cog Drive since I'm downsizing in pulleys. That'll remove any chance of belt slippage which is very common when you drop pulley size, plus it'll add about 3.5 PSI of boost. I want to keep the boost level around 10-12 PSI for now, I don't need to go crazy yet since the whip already leaves most super cars looking at my taillights And it snaps necks like a shark bite! Because of the low miles on the car, I find it senseless to upgrade to the 1400 HP axles & Carbon Fiber Driveshaft by DSS at this time, let me get some wear & tear on the stock parts first then I'll address those needs as they come. I'm already working on a custom cut cam shaft & engine internals, so they'll be ready to go. After doing some research also, I found out the engine internals are good to about 700 HP, so that'll save some money in the long run.
__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #335
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,556
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Thanks bro, I'm looking forward to adding the OD Cog Drive since I'm downsizing in pulleys. That'll remove any chance of belt slippage which is very common when you drop pulley size, plus it'll add about 3.5 PSI of boost. I want to keep the boost level around 10-12 PSI for now, I don't need to go crazy yet since the whip already leaves most super cars looking at my taillights And it snaps necks like a shark bite! Because of the low miles on the car, I find it senseless to upgrade to the 1400 HP axles & Carbon Fiber Driveshaft by DSS at this time, let me get some wear & tear on the stock parts first then I'll address those needs as they come. I'm already working on a custom cut cam shaft & engine internals, so they'll be ready to go. After doing some research also, I found out the engine internals are good to about 700 HP, so that'll save some money in the long run.
Don't know about you bro but the way I see it you're not only building your dream car You're building a master piece
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #336
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Don't know about you bro but the way I see it you're not only building your dream car You're building a master piece

Thanks Bro, as are you!! Except your whip is much rarer where you live! I'd like to keep it for a long time, so we'll see my friend.
__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #337
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
So much for being done with mods I thought I could stop, I thought maybe I wanted to get a c06, but in the end I just can't part with the BEAST. It's been often imitated, but just can't be duplicated Especially since I've been approached by a magazine to do a feature story, I figured I needed to up the ante.

The OD Cog drive & 3.6 pulley have jacked the beast to 12psi of boost! The whine of the Maggie with the Cog drive can be heard from a block away. I've really never driven anything this fast and torquey, and I've driven Ferraris, Lambos, and old school big blocks and I've never had this much fun behind the wheel!

So upon my return from Jerz next week, Cunningham Motorsports is going to be working their magic (thanks for the hook up & constant words of advice Rick!)

So being installed will be Bosch 127lb injectors, and a custom cut Comp Cam with an Extreme Kit dual spring with Titanium rockers, valveshafts and pushrods, along with an updated RX Monster Catch can, a few other odds and ends along with a tune. It'll give it that old school lope and make it even faster and more fun to drive. Ryne at CMS is the tops in his field in working with LS engines, Vettes and Camaros and I'm honored to be able to have him use his expertise to really finish up the engine.

More to come...
__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #338
rccamaro
 
Drives: Future 2SS Camaro owner
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: redwood city, ca
Posts: 34
Nice job John!!
rccamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #339
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
Thanks bro, can't wait!
__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #340
MARINE1991


 
MARINE1991's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: hickville NC USA
Posts: 9,915
glad you are keeping it,
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #341
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
glad you are keeping it,
Yeah me too! Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me, but I usually come to my senses! Can't wait for the cam install
__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #342
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW
 
aquablueL99's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chalmers, Indiana
Posts: 1,504
Movin' on---NOT!!!

Don't tell me you were thinking of moving on to another!!! Perish the thought!!...

I like your ride so much John....now you are going to make it even better??
Can't wait....let everyone in Jerz know we are thinking and praying for them...

Kurt ABL99...
__________________
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #343
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,556
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
hey J , sounds like your car just turned from beast to monster ,can you post a vid or two showing the car launch and to hear the SC whine ?
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #344
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Don't tell me you were thinking of moving on to another!!! Perish the thought!!...

I like your ride so much John....now you are going to make it even better??
Can't wait....let everyone in Jerz know we are thinking and praying for them...

Kurt ABL99...
Kurt, sometimes I think irrationally but I've come to my senses! Thank you always for the support my friend!


Hey P, I thought I posted this last night on my thread, must be jet lag

Here's a video of what the cog sounds like, it added 3.5lbs of boost and the 3.6 pulley swap brought me up to 12lbs The cam will drop it a little bit, but add power as well.

__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #345
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,556
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
DAAAAAYUM J, that's music to my ears bro ,enjoy every minut of it man can you post a vid with car driving by the camera?
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #346
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
DAAAAAYUM J, that's music to my ears bro ,enjoy every minut of it man can you post a vid with car driving by the camera?

I will bro as soon as I get back from the East Coast, then the whip goes to Cunningham MotorSports for the cherry on top! And to quote MC Hammer, " Can't touch this!" Then to hear the lope of the cam coupled with the OD Cog drive, it'll really be sweet music, and one more reason for the haters to hate
__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #347
nikos30
HT5 EastSide
 
nikos30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ/PA
Posts: 1,541
dude what are you doing? why arent you on the calender thingy on the general section? I looked for your name and everything...
__________________
nikos30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #348
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
dude what are you doing? why arent you on the calender thingy on the general section? I looked for your name and everything...
Been out of touch bro, wasn't even aware of it......I'm back on the Right Coast at the moment, and as the cards are falling I'll be back here for good
__________________
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #349
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5
 
SilverSlayer-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metalic Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Muscat-Oman
Posts: 1,200
great car , great build
__________________
SilverSlayer-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #350
nikos30
HT5 EastSide
 
nikos30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ/PA
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Been out of touch bro, wasn't even aware of it......I'm back on the Right Coast at the moment, and as the cards are falling I'll be back here for good
ok if you say right coast as in east coast, im glad because im in nj/pa all year and I am dying to see your car. If you are ever around, please let me know
__________________
nikos30 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SSMOKINHOT’S SINISTER SCARLETT (SS) [COTW 12/19/11] SSMOKINHOT Member Car Journals 232 05-07-2014 09:46 AM
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 47 02-19-2014 03:23 PM
Camaro SS Transformation (Bumblebee) Update Pic's Audrey2010Camaro Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 10 12-13-2012 01:50 PM
Camaro SS Transformation (Bumblebee) Audrey2010Camaro Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 35 07-14-2011 05:52 AM
Pedders Camaro Begins the Transformation to the Pedders Revolution Camaro Info@PeddersUSA.com Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 192 01-03-2011 03:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.