Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #376
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
John, this is by far the SICKEST camaro ive ever seen! Its right there with the Hennesseys. and the 69 ZL1 COPO 9560. Ho.ly. SHIT! Mind is BLOWN!
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #377
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Those wheels are gonna look awesome on your Camaro! Can't wait to see them mounted.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #378
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
looks awesome J , really dig the color they're gonna look bad azz on your ride ,congrats buddy .
Thank you my friend! And the Giovanni Kilis will look sick on your whip, they should be heading to the Middle East today or tomorrow. Heading to get mounted now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
John, this is by far the SICKEST camaro ive ever seen! Its right there with the Hennesseys. and the 69 ZL1 COPO 9560. Ho.ly. SHIT! Mind is BLOWN!
Thank you SO MUCH for the AWESOME compliment Mr. Welch!!! It was part of my goal too have something that stood out from the crowd! Just wait till the custom Comp Cam goes in next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
Those wheels are gonna look awesome on your Camaro! Can't wait to see them mounted.
Thanks brother! Pictures will posted by this afternoon!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #379
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

John, waiting on your mods is like waiting to go on a date with my girlfriend. It sucks, but its sooo worth it in the end!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #380
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

And where did you get your ZL1 fascia?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #381
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
John, waiting on your mods is like waiting to go on a date with my girlfriend. It sucks, but its sooo worth it in the end!
That's a good one!!!
The wait will be over soon as far as engine mods, as cam, injectors, & other stuff go in this time next week. So just a little bit longer!

Quote:
And where did you get your ZL1 fascia?
The ZL1 Front piece came from Gary's Customz, then I bought the finishing pieces like the brake ducts & underbody tray from Ofer (2SSRS) and used the Oracle lighting package for the DRLs & Fogs

New wheels & tires are on. Can definitely feel the stopping power better, as well as acceleration, drives on rails, but it always did that with the Pedders suspension.

Enjoy!
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #382
rccamaro

Drives: Future 2SS Camaro owner
You always have great ideas, John. Nice work!
rccamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #383
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
car looks killer sick and stealthy J , in that last pic you should've backed the car on the cracked asphalt it would've looked like the car cracked it real badazz, congrats bro for your new shoes ,hope the hook like you expect them to let us know how they run.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #384
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
You always have great ideas, John. Nice work!
Thanks bro, I try to keep it fresh, and my head is full of ideas. Got a few more tricks up my sleeve that I won't give away just yet, besides the engine work that CMS is doing. Like Michael Corleone said in The Godfather, "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"
I guess it'll never stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
car looks killer sick and stealthy J , in that last pic you should've backed the car on the cracked asphalt it would've looked like the car cracked it real badazz, congrats bro for your new shoes ,hope the hook like you expect them to let us know how they run.
Thank you my friend! Wheel Warehouse took a bunch of pics and they told me placement, I think the car will be on their site shortly. They took pics with a much better camera than my iPhone so I'm interested to see how they turn out. You should have your wheels/tires about a week from today! Don't forget the alignment, they're balanced.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #385
SolomonAKOO

Damn that looks good! Can you get COTW two times?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #386
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

good Q solomon! COTW!!!!! What tires are you using john?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #387
ALLTRBO

Drives: 2012 1SS M6
Lookin' good! I love following your build because it never ends!

What happened to the NT05's? There is a night and day difference between those and the Invo's on there from what I hear. I haven't used Invo's, but I have NT05's on my SS and when they're warmed up, they're flat out amazing. Though, the new Michelin Pilot Super Sport's are supposed to be even better... in every category (except price... they cost twice as much).

Oh, and if your car handles like it's on rails, you're driving too slow.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #388
SolomonAKOO

Well I was looking over your car with the new wheels, and I'm pretty sure I finally found a flaw with your car!!! STOCK BRAKES! Haha looks like nothing is stock anymore but the brakes. Once again killer car man!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #389
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Damn that looks good! Can you get COTW two times?
Thanks brother!
You know, I was kind of disappointed when I won COTW (not really but you know what I mean) because when I won it, the car wasn't even near completion, but I certainly was honored to have won it! It meant a lot to me!

As far as 2 time, I'm going to try

Quote:
good Q solomon! COTW!!!!! What tires are you using john?
I'm running Nitto INVO's, I was going to run NT05s, but my guy said I'd be replacing them a lot quicker, so I went with the INVOs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Lookin' good! I love following your build because it never ends!

What happened to the NT05's? There is a night and day difference between those and the Invo's on there from what I hear. I haven't used Invo's, but I have NT05's on my SS and when they're warmed up, they're flat out amazing. Though, the new Michelin Pilot Super Sport's are supposed to be even better... in every category (except price... they cost twice as much).

Oh, and if your car handles like it's on rails, you're driving too slow.

I'd heard great things about both, and as you mentioned I was going with the NT05s but made a 12th hour decision to go with the INVOs, cause they'll grip well and give me a little more life. My tire guy said I'd be changing out the NT05s a lot sooner than the INVOs.....Even at 145, I'm on rails....Thanks to Pedders, Pfadt & BMR
Old 12-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #390
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Well I was looking over your car with the new wheels, and I'm pretty sure I finally found a flaw with your car!!! STOCK BRAKES! Haha looks like nothing is stock anymore but the brakes. Once again killer car man!!
That's next my friend!!! Or in line, just trying to see which ones I want, Granatelli makes a matte black rotor that looks sick! But they're coming!

Off to get my Oracle Concept LED Mirrors installed!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #391
SolomonAKOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
That's next my friend!!! Or in line, just trying to see which ones I want, Granatelli makes a matte black rotor that looks sick! But they're coming!

Off to get my Oracle Concept LED Mirrors installed!
Hell yeah those would look sick! What about the calipers? You going to stay black or offset it with red ones? I've been wanting to ask you about your mirror radar also, are you liking it? Does the radar work good in that cover?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #392
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

HOLY HELL!! you mean they make mirrors that look like transformers mirrors?? My uncles been wanting those. Where are you getting them from?!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #393
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Hell yeah those would look sick! What about the calipers? You going to stay black or offset it with red ones? I've been wanting to ask you about your mirror radar also, are you liking it? Does the radar work good in that cover?
I'm not sure about the calipers yet probably will stay with black, especially after today (see below) The VI radar system in my rearview works fantastic, never a faulty signal & highly recommended!!!

Quote:
HOLY HELL!! you mean they make mirrors that look like transformers mirrors?? My uncles been wanting those. Where are you getting them from?!
Oracle is making them now, AAC has a thread up and I know a sponsor that has quite a few sets unpainted. Antidote Performance has a bunch, their number is 714-808-0270 & www.cureyourcar.com is their site. Tell them I sent you!

So I went to Antidote today to get my mirrors installed, because yesterday after getting my wheels & tires, Wheel Warehouse forgot to set my TPMS, so since they're in the same center why not kill 2 birds with one stone.

And next on my mod list was interior stuff like stereo, reverse camera, painted door inserts, etc...Well, put it this way, I walked out about $XXXX lighter I'm a sucker for quality! And these guys ROCK & they're so damn talented!!!!

So the guys at Antidote (Jake & his dad, Cameron) were nice enough to give me a ride home because they said, well the doors are apart, lets just do this. So going in now is:
Painted Piano Black Schosche Kit (Converts HVAC to touch screen)
Painted Piano Black Door inserts & dash trim
Pioneer Z140BH (Bad ASS) Head Unit
Morel Front & Rear Speakers
Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer
Arc Audio 4 Channel Amp
Arc Audio 2 Channel Amp
OEM Integration Back up Camera (will show on screen)
Custom Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure (molded to side of trunk)
Oracle Halo LED Colorshift Lighting for headlights & DRLs
Custom matched leather Amp board with matching thread to seats

So Camaro-less until next Wednesday then I had to postpone my date with Cunningham Motorsports for the cam & injectors until Thursday.....When will the money stop???? I really think I'm done.........After the new brakes
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #394
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
you ever think about tinted license plate covers? itll take a lot of that white out..
Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #395
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
you ever think about tinted license plate covers? itll take a lot of that white out..

Good idea, I'll have to see if they're legal....I don't know why, because I have so much illegal shit on my car it's not funny!
I have them on my Tahoe
Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #396
SolomonAKOO

Damn that's a lot of new upgrades! But yeah after reading those you might want the black calipers. Oh and I think you might want to get ahold of Camaro Now and try to get a feature in the next issue! I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do
Old 12-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #397
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Damn that's a lot of new upgrades! But yeah after reading those you might want the black calipers. Oh and I think you might want to get ahold of Camaro Now and try to get a feature in the next issue! I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do
I'm trying brotha!!!

Here's a pic of my head unit with the painted Schoshe kit that they just installed in a black ZL1
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #398
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Maybe you can make the front a little different then the others by adding a mail slot to the zl1 bumper. I actually dont know if any people really do that at all. Just an idea brotha.

I feel like I have the kid's version of your car :(
You still have my favorite black camaro...ever.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #399
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
Maybe you can make the front a little different then the others by adding a mail slot to the zl1 bumper. I actually dont know if any people really do that at all. Just an idea brotha.

I feel like I have the kid's version of your car :(
You still have my favorite black camaro...ever.
I have Oracle LEDs behind the grill in white & red, so that makes it a little different. Don't you remember all the trouble I went through on my old bumper to get rid of that non functional mailslot? Never again! The Oracle Halo kit for the headlights & DRLs will really make it stand out too. Can't wait to drive around with green halos!

Thank you for the compliments brother! Modding takes time, just plan it out and save your money. I know it's hard on a college students life but you'll get there brother!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #400
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I have Oracle LEDs behind the grill in white & red, so that makes it a little different. Don't you remember all the trouble I went through on my old bumper to get rid of that non functional mailslot? Never again! The Oracle Halo kit for the headlights & DRLs will really make it stand out too. Can't wait to drive around with green halos!

Thank you for the compliments brother! Modding takes time, just plan it out and save your money. I know it's hard on a college students life but you'll get there brother!
ohhhh yea I forgot you hated it hahaha. I like it, thats why I thought of it. And yea the lights look sick

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx