Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #726
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
You are going to be very happy with the Brembo Big Brake Kit!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #727
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Drives: 2014 C7 Stingray & 440HP Z71 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHall651 View Post
Hey Kronix! As always your ride is amazing and gratz on the mag. I have a question for you though. Do you think after all the time and work you have put into this car you would ever sell it or do you see yourself keeping it till death do you part? I like to think I'm going to be the old guy still waxing his old 2012 SS in 30 years. What do you think?
Thanks J, appreciate it! The mag was a nice surprise to open up the issue and see my car in it, and it's paid dividends as I've been contacted by 2 others mags to do a feature (If only they paid me LOL!!), but that'll be payment enough, plus it'll always help the resale value Shit bro, I already feel like the old guy waxing his cars Just got done doing the Tahoe and I'm ready for a chiropractic adjustment! You know the more I drive it, it just puts a smile on my face. The way it rocks at idle with the new cam, the whine of the Cog Drive pulleys, it snaps necks everywhere I go as it truly is one of a kind...But like they say, money talks, but I think I'll have it for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
Hell yeah bro! Haha speakin of transmissions... im pretty sure my syncros are dyin in my truck.. lol rev match time! Jesus, your making my mod list longer!
That sucks about the syncros bro, something to worry about with high milage. I may be beefing up my diff on the Tahoe soon since I'm heading back east. I found a guy out here in Cali that does awesome 4x4 work & has had race trucks in mags before, so he knows his stuff and I'll be driving the Hoe back cross country, so I want to make sure that's bulletproof also. Speaking of mod list, I just added LED HD Silverado mirrors, Recon Cab lights & a new smoked 3rd brake light to go with the new black tail lights. So keep it up little brotha!! Here's a pic for you! Tomorrow the ZLX gets cleaned I don't know what turns more heads the Hoe or the ZLX??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
You are going to be very happy with the Brembo Big Brake Kit!
Yea I figured as much Luke, the SS Brembos are kick ass, and even though they only have 2900 miles on the car, I just want to get this shit done and out of the way. With the power I'm putting down, I want everything to be bulletproof. BTW smoked a Shelby 500 last Saturday like it was a 4 banger, my buddy in the car turned white as he got sucked into his seat!

Attached Images

Old 03-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #728
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Old 03-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #729
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hell yeah J ,awesome bro
Old 03-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #730
Baylor16

Drives: 06' 350z 6M, Future: 13' VR 1le 6M
You know Kronix you dont need the camaro AND the hoe, let me take the hoe off your hands so you wont have to worry about it hahaha
Baylor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #731
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylor16 View Post
You know Kronix you dont need the camaro AND the hoe, let me take the hoe off your hands so you wont have to worry about it hahaha

Well like they say, everything's got a price right

Got another surprise today when the mailman showed up with the latest issue of Camaro Performers Magazine (May Issue) The "Super Car" has graced the pages of 2 mags in 2 months!!!

Guess I can use this too

Time to hit Barnes & Noble and grab some more copies!!

I have to wonder though who writes some of the stuff, cause it's a bit jumbled up Funny thing, I had the exact same IROC that's pictured above mine!

Chevy runs deep baby!!
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #732
ssmike
BLACK is the new Chrome!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT M6
Wow what a surprise that is! Congrats! Don't let it go to your head TOO much!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #733
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Wow what a surprise that is! Congrats! Don't let it go to your head TOO much!
Thanks Mike, it's an awesome feeling opening it up and seeing the car in a mag(Especially one that's strictly Camaros), 2 months in a row now! They don't let you know that they're putting it in. And it's even cooler cause I was just reading the mag and I turn the page after mine and there's Tim's Demon!! How cool is that, both of us have been in 2 of the same mags!
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #734
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]

Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Awesome!! Congrats and great job John!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #735
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Awesome!! Congrats and great job John!

Thanks Tommy!!! That's how HTs roll right!!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #736
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

With the excitement from today's happenings, I forgot to mention the car's going back to CMS for the clutch & axle upgrades next week when I get back from Philly. Ryne & I talked about what clutch & it was down to the Mantic 9000 & the Mcloed RXT, and since Mcloed is made in the USA, so parts readily available, the failure rate is minuscule and the holding power is simply cement, all with a stock clutch feel. And I want to thank Casey at GForce Engineering for the AWESOME deal on the axles, thanks bro!! Now I'll be as close to bulletproof as possible!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #737
Ryne @ CMS

Drives: 13 Camaro 1LE, 06 C6 z06, 07 Dmax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
With the excitement from today's happenings, I forgot to mention the car's going back to CMS for the clutch & axle upgrades next week when I get back from Philly. Ryne & I talked about what clutch & it was down to the Mantic 9000 & the Mcloed RXT, and since Mcloed is made in the USA, so parts readily available, the failure rate is minuscule and the holding power is simply cement, all with a stock clutch feel. And I want to thank Casey at GForce Engineering for the AWESOME deal on the axles, thanks bro!! Now I'll be as close to bulletproof as possible!
just installed a mcleod rxt in a 2010 blown 2010 camaro today.... butter smooth bro.........
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #738
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS View Post
just installed a mcleod rxt in a 2010 blown 2010 camaro today.... butter smooth bro.........
You've never steered me in the wrong direction yet bro. Bringing my car to you and having you complete the build & put the CMS stamp on it was the best thing I've done with the car.

I drove 85 miles and would drive 5oo miles to have you do your magic! Anybody in SoCal that doesn't go to Cunningham Motorsports is missing the boat, and most likely driving one Ryne puts out the fastest, safest cars on the West Coast, and him & Texas Mike are good people!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #739
Baylor16

Drives: 06' 350z 6M, Future: 13' VR 1le 6M
Kronix, have you ever ran your Hoe in the 1/4?
Baylor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #740
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: RED DEMON!
Congratulations John, it's crazy we have both been in the same magazine together, lol 3 Magazines for me this year alone, i am so stoked brother@!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #741
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Congratulations John, it's crazy we have both been in the same magazine together, lol 3 Magazines for me this year alone, i am so stoked brother@!
Thanks Tim, you too! It was awesome when I turned the page and saw your ride in there also! So I guess we know Camaro Performers has a good eye for perfection! I've been reading hot rod mags all my life, as I'm sure you have, and as a kid I'd always admire the Reader Rides section and say to myself one day it would be cool to have a car in there. So now after 25 years I still got that same giddy feeling seeing my car in there with so many awesome cars out there to choose from. It really is an honor

@Baylor, I did all the engine work on the Hoe shortly after I bought it in 2007, and at the time I put 20" rims and some low profile Goodyears on it for the first couple of years. I ran it at Atco racetrack in NJ and my best time was a 13.52 @ 98 mph, so about 3-4 seconds faster than stock. It probably lost a little bit cause those Iron Bull bumpers added about 350-400 lbs. That thing pulls for days!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #742
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
John and Tim,

I feel as though you are both with me as I type these words....I want to extend a Happy Easter to both of you.

Tim has a way to be with you John on every move you make....can you feel his presence?...

I am sure you guys made a wonderful team and, BTW, "a ball to be with".....

He Is Risen....Praise God for that!!! ...

Kurt ABL99...

Last edited by aquablueL99; 03-31-2013 at 12:51 PM.
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #743
rccamaro

Drives: Future 2SS Camaro owner
Happy Easter John!
rccamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #744
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John and Tim,

I feel as though you are both with me as I type these words....I want to extend a Happy Easter to both of you.

Tim has a way to be with you John on every move you make....can you feel his presence?...

I am sure you guys made a wonderful team and, BTW, "a ball to be with".....

He Is Risen....Praise God for that!!! ...

Kurt ABL99...
Thank you the kind words Kurt, like I've said many times before, you always seem to know the right things to say, and at the right time. A truly special gift! I know I've made Tim proud, and I only wish here physically to enjoy the car with me. We've enjoyed so many cars, bikes and boats over our 30+ year friendship, his 60s Barricuda, Pontiac GTA, the golden brown Screamin Eagle Trans Am. My Z28, IROC, Vette, 5.0, the boats, the Kawasaki Ninjas...So many good times involving speed! I feel him with me at times and he'll be next to me all the time. A lot I credit you, my friend, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
Happy Easter John!
Thank you my friend, and the same to you and your family.

And the entire Camaro5 family, I hope everyone had a safe, happy time with family.

Life is short, enjoy it while we're here!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #745
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hey buddy been some time since we spoke , just got back from a vacation I took with my family to Dubai , do you move to your new home? Happy Easter bro .
Old 04-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #746
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Hey buddy been some time since we spoke , just got back from a vacation I took with my family to Dubai , do you move to your new home? Happy Easter bro .
Hey P, Happy belated Easter to you & the family as well. Moving back at the end of the month, I'm here in NJ now doing some biz, be back later in week, then it's balls to the wall action for 3 weeks. Have to tighten up both of my cars, the wife's Benz and the house shit....Gonna be crazy!

God Bless Brotha, not sure how much I'll be on here.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #747
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post

Well like they say, everything's got a price right

Got another surprise today when the mailman showed up with the latest issue of Camaro Performers Magazine (May Issue) The "Super Car" has graced the pages of 2 mags in 2 months!!!

Guess I can use this too

Time to hit Barnes & Noble and grab some more copies!!

I have to wonder though who writes some of the stuff, cause it's a bit jumbled up Funny thing, I had the exact same IROC that's pictured above mine!

Chevy runs deep baby!!
What amazing recognition for this car.... Very well deserved.... This is by far one of the most stunning cars on Camaro5...
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #748
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
What amazing recognition for this car.... Very well deserved.... This is by far one of the most stunning cars on Camaro5...
Could not have stated that any better...AGREED!!!

Kurt ABL99...
Old 04-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #749
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: RED DEMON!
Just got off the phone with Centree and he told me you ordered 2 plaques from him, awesome brother, he is also making me one for my Gearhead of the week with the Powerblock TV
Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #750
Kronix
HT5 Coast2Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

Thank you SSE, Coming from someone with a ride like yours means a lot! Much appreciated!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Could not have stated that any better...AGREED!!!

Kurt ABL99...
Thank you my #1 supporter! You've helped in more ways imaginable and I am forever grateful to have a good friend like you Kurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Just got off the phone with Centree and he told me you ordered 2 plaques from him, awesome brother, he is also making me one for my Gearhead of the week with the Powerblock TV
Yes sir, thank you for the hook up Tim. Centrally took care of me nicely and now I can have my magazines articles forever immortalized!

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx