Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #76
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Phenix

Drives: 2006 DB 350z, 2007 LB S2000

JMM1181

Drives: '07 350z

HEMI DAVE

Drives: CHALLENGER RT/ NISSAN 350Z

Looks like all the Nissan Z fanboys came out of the woodwork. No sense in argueing against ignorant fanboys.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #77
DDA_Skull

Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
Ha ha, very true. But i am a fan of both, its just the Z isn't the car of choice. The camaro is just alittle more practicle. Its not perfect, but close. If i wanted a 2 seater sports car i would get a Vette. Most people say the 350-370Z's are for preps, its just cause, well as we all know they are fast cars, they just don't sound good when going fast. So the people sitting in them people consider to be preps. There is just nothing that can match the sound of a good V8 rumble.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #78
HEMI DAVE

Drives: GWE 392/Super Bee SRT8/Turbo 350Z
Maybe we know more about the car than you do....ya think???

Just trying to educate some of you.

By the way I also own a Dodge Challenger, Mazda 5 and a Ford Taurus so how am I a fanboy??

Stop drinking the GM koolaid for 5 minutes and try to be objective.

By the way I have more posts than you do Wesman
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #79
Wesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE View Post
Maybe we know more about the car than you do....ya think???
Considering nobody can seem to be able to explain how a car can go from 14.2 @ 98 to a claimed "13.1 @ 109" with only a 19HP increase, I wouldn't say you know much. Bottom line is ricers exaggerate numbers, and you're buying into it.

Quote:
By the way I also own a Dodge Challenger, Mazda 5 and a Ford Taurus so how am I a fanboy??
Because you're blindly defending the Z when there is nothing superior about it at all.

Quote:
Stop drinking the GM koolaid for 5 minutes and try to be objective.

Umm..good for you??
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #80
HEMI DAVE

Good comeback (yawn)
Old 04-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #81
JMM1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Phenix

JMM1181

HEMI DAVE

Looks like all the Nissan Z fanboys came out of the woodwork. No sense in argueing against ignorant fanboys.

Considering I was around these boards posting before you, where did you come from? Fanboy? I've stated openly that the Camaro was my first car of choice, situations arose quicker than I would have like but still I would be the last person to complain about driving the car I drive- I also realize what little you actually know or understand about the topics you've discussed on this board, as has been proven repeatedly in this thread.

Bottom line, I love my car, I think the 370z will be an amazing car for what it is, especially as an all motor V6 competing directly with V8 muscle, that said, I would rather have the sound and rumbling of a V8 and the look of the Camaro over the 370z personally and if I have an opportunity to pick up a Camaro a few years down the line you better believe I'm gonna take it. This threads veered way too far off topic, I appreciate your input Wesman, but I think I know a little bit more about my car than you do.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #82
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Considering nobody can seem to be able to explain how a car can go from 14.2 @ 98 to a claimed "13.1 @ 109" with only a 19HP increase, I wouldn't say you know much. Bottom line is ricers exaggerate numbers, and you're buying into it.

Because you're blindly defending the Z when there is nothing superior about it at all.

Umm..good for you??
MAYBE THOSE DRIVERS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN BETTER THAN 14.2 WITH THE OLDER 350Z think of that?

your blindly bashing the z when there is nothing inferior about it at all
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 PM   #83
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
your blindly bashing the z when there is nothing inferior about it at all
Careful.

There's always something inferior about every car. If there wasn't, we'd have achieved the "perfect car", and development would cease across the board.

For instance....the Nissan lacks seating capacity compared to the Camaro. That's an inferior trait, no?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #84
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

HOLD THE PHONE

Big man on campus is IN THE HOUSE EVERYBODY

This might be my favorite thread on Camaro5.

Oh, and I dusted a 350Z today. Quick, say something about my posts or kool aid!!
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 AM   #85
DDA_Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Careful.

There's always something inferior about every car. If there wasn't, we'd have achieved the "perfect car", and development would cease across the board.

For instance....the Nissan lacks seating capacity compared to the Camaro. That's an inferior trait, no?
Very good point. But unfortunatly people are now going to start the the inferior facts about the Camaro, and the will go on. For example. Even though i like the Camaro.
Fact: Camaro weighs more.
Fact: Camaro Gas Hog
Fact......... ect.
Its just a game people like to play for some reason.

On of the biggest things i find funny is how people say the Camaro wont be a good track car. How about you get behind the wheel and start showing it some corners. If nothing else, drift that V8.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:14 AM   #86
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Careful.

Ok fair enough i was just trying to turn his words around on him...and failed
Old 04-30-2009, 01:30 AM   #87
Phenix

Quote:
Phenix

JMM1181

HEMI DAVE

If you read my posts you would see that I'm here because I'm buying a Camaro.

Also the times are a bit of a stretch. 14.2 is .2-.4 seconds slower than what a 350z will do typically. (sea level, moderate temp, good driver, etc). 13.1 is about .4-.5 seconds faster than what an 07-08 350z will do typically. Not that they haven't gone faster, but get a sticky track, cold temps, an excellent driver and maybe a bit of a tailwind and you might see 13.1. Heck maybe we'll see some stock Camaros going 12.7-12.8 under the same conditions... A lot of the difference between the VQ35DE 350z's and the VQ35HR cars is the power delivery being much better on the new motor. And save your name calling for the playground.

Oh, and DDA Skull, the Camaro SS, believe it or not, gets about the same fuel mileage as my 350z. Pretty amazing considering its got over 100 more HP, 2.8l more displacement, and about 500 lbs heavier.

Last edited by Phenix; 04-30-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:41 AM   #88
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Considering its faster and handles better, I'd say you're making the error, import fanboy.

Quality wise the Cobalt is better too. The Cobalt's interior is no benchmark of quality, but after being in the 350Z, even playskool toys seem like they have higher quality plastics.

Looks are subjective. I'd say the Cobalt SS looks infinitely better than the new STI, which looks like an overweight hatchback blob with a suzuki grille. The new STi's are also not very good quality, transmissions are failing left and right.

Look at this Long term test from C&D, the car is falling aprt with issues. Basically its had an entirely new drivetrain and now they are having engines that the dealer can't seem to resolve. This is not an isolated incident either, many owners have reported the same problems:

C&D Long Term Test 2008 WRX STI

So much for your "superior import quality".

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/index.html

0-60 in 5.5, Which makes the fastest Cobalt Slower than the slowest 350z.

Handling.. Have you ever even driven a 350z? the Handling on a Cobalt is sharp, but try pushing the FWD car. Have fun with that.

FWD = Fail.

While both the Z and SS are rated at a 13.9 1/4.

As for the New STi quality... have you ever sat in one of those things? It would take all of 2 seconds for any bum off the street to decide which was nicer and it wouldnt be the Cobalt
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 04-30-2009, 02:43 AM   #89
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
How fast is the fastest 350Z?

Stock.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:52 AM   #90
DDA_Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post

Handling.. Have you ever even driven a 350z? the Handling on a Cobalt is sharp, but try pushing the FWD car. Have fun with that.

FWD = Fail.

As for the New STi quality... have you ever sat in one of those things? It would take all of 2 seconds for any bum off the street to decide which was nicer and it wouldnt be the Cobalt

I thought someone started the Cobalt vs STI thread. Not VS the 350 Z. And when it comes to seating and the car its just personal prefrence. That cobalt will do better in the winter then a 350Z. They both have there ups and downs. Why are people now comparing FWD/RWD/AWD cars against eachother now. Didn't i start this as just a basic RWD vs RWD thread?
I started this as pretty much a drag thread, and people are changing it into track times, and figure 8.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:11 AM   #91
Phenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

Stock.

I believe the fastest 350Z tested professionally was the 2007-2008 Nismo 350Z. It doesn't make any more power but does have better suspension. I'd have to look it up to confirm but I think it was Motortrend that got a 13.5 from it.

EDIT:
5.1 0-60
13.6 1/4
According to Edmunds for the Nismo 350z. That's the fastest professional test I've seen.

Last edited by Phenix; 04-30-2009 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:18 AM   #92
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

Stock.
Fastest ive seen is 5 flat, but ive heard of people dipping below that in perfect conditions

Unless your talking about drag.. in which case... dont know, dont care. Thats not what the car was built for, so most Z owners dont bother. Just like you probably wouldn't take a Jeep on a road course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDA_Skull View Post
I thought someone started the Cobalt vs STI thread. Not VS the 350 Z. And when it comes to seating and the car its just personal prefrence. That cobalt will do better in the winter then a 350Z. They both have there ups and downs. Why are people now comparing FWD/RWD/AWD cars against eachother now. Didn't i start this as just a basic RWD vs RWD thread?
I started this as pretty much a drag thread, and people are changing it into track times, and figure 8.

when someone is comparing two cars it would make sense to compare all relevant aspects of the car. Not just... drag.

And as for the OP. The 370z will destory any of the cars in this argument, SS, STi, 350z... the new Z is top dog.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 04-30-2009, 03:42 AM   #93
DDA_Skull

Quote:
Fastest ive seen is 5 flat, but ive heard of people dipping below that in perfect conditions

Unless your talking about drag.. in which case... dont know, dont care. Thats not what the car was built for, so most Z owners dont bother. Just like you probably wouldn't take a Jeep on a road course.

when someone is comparing two cars it would make sense to compare all relevant aspects of the car. Not just... drag.

And as for the OP. The 370z will destory any of the cars in this argument, SS, STi, 350z... the new Z is top dog.

Not when your a drag racer though. Atleast, i didn't think drag racers cared about corners that much. I kinda thought that they liked strait lines, but i could be wrong. The camaro was started as a light to light racer, but i could be wrong there. Maybe it was from start to finish chasing its tail.

The Z is top dog in your book. Good for you i respect that, its just not in ours. Some of us want the style and the sound of the Camaro, and just the appeal of it being a quick straight line car that you can take out on a double date. But maybe i am wrong there too. You could fit 2 people under the hatch of a Z. All i'm saying is that The 370Z isn't a bad car, its just not the car of choice. Especially for this website. Hence the name Camaro5.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:09 AM   #94
HEMI DAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
HOLD THE PHONE

Big man on campus is IN THE HOUSE EVERYBODY

This might be my favorite thread on Camaro5.

Oh, and I dusted a 350Z today. Quick, say something about my posts or kool aid!!
I think my 350 might "dust" you on a road course ..wanna find out?

You can try your luck against my Challenger while you are at it......I've been looking for a 2010 Camaro SS to test out

Win or lose the kool aid is on me

Oh......and you have more posts than me
Attached Images

Last edited by HEMI DAVE; 04-30-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:24 AM   #95
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I think my 350 might "dust" you on a road course ..wanna find out?

You can try your luck against my Challenger while you are at it......I've been looking for a 2010 Camaro SS to test out

Win or lose the kool aid is on me

Oh......and you have more posts than me
I hope you don't mean road course, like Nurburgring road course. The SS has already posted a 7 second faster time around that track.

But I'm sure thats not what you meant.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
Old 04-30-2009, 07:53 AM   #96
HEMI DAVE

Quote:
I hope you don't mean road course, like Nurburgring road course. The SS has already posted a 7 second faster time around that track.

If thats true...HELL NO...I wont even be able to see you....just smell your exhaust
Old 04-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #97
Phenix

It is true, the Camaro has posted a better time than the Z around the 'Ring. Impressive I don't know how close to production spec it was though cause I haven't seen anything from GM about it though. I'd like to hope it's the same as production

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track2.html

Old 04-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #98
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDA_Skull View Post
Not when your a drag racer though. At least, i didn't think drag racers cared about corners that much. I kinda thought that they liked strait lines, but i could be wrong. The camaro was started as a light to light racer, but i could be wrong there. Maybe it was from start to finish chasing its tail.

The Z is top dog in your book. Good for you i respect that, its just not in ours. Some of us want the style and the sound of the Camaro, and just the appeal of it being a quick straight line car that you can take out on a double date. But maybe i am wrong there too. You could fit 2 people under the hatch of a Z. All i'm saying is that The 370Z isn't a bad car, its just not the car of choice. Especially for this website. Hence the name Camaro5.
A. Thats 'SS' as in Cobalt 'SS'

B. Its 'Top Dog' on road courses. Id enjoy seeing an argument against that one.

Quote:

The Ring' favors high speed cars.. not cornering cars. The fact that the SS has such a high speed adv. and only beat the 350z by 4 seconds or so would make me suspect the outcome would be different on a different track.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #99
Wesman

Quote:
A. Thats 'SS' as in Cobalt 'SS'

B. Its 'Top Dog' on road courses. Id enjoy seeing an argument against that one.
The Camaro SS whooped the 350Z and STI on the Nuremburg ring. If thats not a road course than nothing is.

Quote:
The Ring' favors high speed cars.. not cornering cars. The fact that the SS has such a high speed adv. and only beat the 350z by 4 seconds or so would make me suspect the outcome would be different on a different track.
Wow, I've heard some bullshit excuses before but come on. The ring doesn't favor cornering cars?? Its a damn 13 mile road course, its ALL ABOUT cornering. It it wasn't about cornering than the 556HP Bentley Continental GT would have been dead even with a car like the Cadillac CTS-V. The 350/370Z isn't the god like car you perviece it to be, you need to get a grip and get back to reality.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #100
Wesman

Quote:

FWD = Fail.

I don't like FWD in performance cars either. But the bottom line is the Cobalt SS beats both the STi and the 350Z around the 'Ring, which is all that needs to be said. FWD understeer or not, its the faster car around a road course.

Quote:
Yes, I've been in both the previous generation as well as the new ones. Interior is decent, but its nothing to write home about. I don't see what you're bragging about.

Closed Thread