Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #69
Wesman
 
Wesman's Avatar
 
Drives: Trans Am
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
First off i feel obligated to point out that a Chevy Fanboy started this by trying to say the Cobalt SS is better than the 350z, which is a obvious error.
Considering its faster and handles better, I'd say you're making the error, import fanboy.

Quality wise the Cobalt is better too. The Cobalt's interior is no benchmark of quality, but after being in the 350Z, even playskool toys seem like they have higher quality plastics.

Quote:
Second, the STi is better. Hell id take the new slower and dulled down STi over the Cobalt just because it looks better, sounds better, and has better build quality.
Looks are subjective. I'd say the Cobalt SS looks infinitely better than the new STI, which looks like an overweight hatchback blob with a suzuki grille. The new STi's are also not very good quality, transmissions are failing left and right.

Look at this Long term test from C&D, the car is falling aprt with issues. Basically its had an entirely new drivetrain and now they are having engines that the dealer can't seem to resolve. This is not an isolated incident either, many owners have reported the same problems:

C&D Long Term Test 2008 WRX STI

So much for your "superior import quality".
Wesman is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #70
JMM1181
 
Drives: '07 350z
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Its the internet. People can post up whatever they want. Time slip or not, nobody knows if the car was stock. No mods available?? Ever heard of DR's or slicks??

Which is why I don't believe those times at all. Typical ricers trying to make their cars look faster than they are. Considering the weight and stock power of the car, its not happening.
So according to you the Z is getting low 14's in the quarter mile yet with "DR's or Slicks' can manage to pull almost a full second off it's quarter mile time? What about these runs? Are you going to explain those ones away too? What do you do with the fact that various members are hitting 13.1's and 13.2's bone stock and there have been plenty of witnesses to the tracks to testify to that fact? Truth hurts, get over it, Cobalt's certainly a great value for the money but you cannot continue to say that stock it's 'faster' than a newer Z, compare any of the 'official' reviews and you'll come face to face, once again, with this hard truth. Have a nice day.
JMM1181 is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #71
Wesman
 
Wesman's Avatar
 
Drives: Trans Am
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM1181 View Post
So according to you the Z is getting low 14's in the quarter mile yet with "DR's or Slicks' can manage to pull almost a full second off it's quarter mile time? What about these runs? Are you going to explain those ones away too? What do you do with the fact that various members are hitting 13.1's and 13.2's bone stock and there have been plenty of witnesses to the tracks to testify to that fact? Truth hurts, get over it, Cobalt's certainly a great value for the money but you cannot continue to say that stock it's 'faster' than a newer Z, compare any of the 'official' reviews and you'll come face to face, once again, with this hard truth. Have a nice day.
Here you go:

2005 350Z

With 287HP the car ran 14.2 @ 98MPH. The newer 350Z's had 306HP. Thats a difference of 19HP. The car didn't gain over a full second and 10MPH in the 1/4 mile from 19HP. Use some common sense.

Also notice how everyone else in your link was around 104-106MPH at best, and then this guy comes out of the woodwork with a 109MPH trap?? Bullshit. They were surprised, and they drive the same damn car.

Obviously these people are running modded cars, whether those mods be power related, traction related, or both.
Wesman is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #72
Phenix
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 104
The Z made much more extra power than that. Remember the SAE ratings system changed and also it looks like Nissan underrated the VQ35HR for the 07-08 350z
Phenix is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #73
JMM1181
 
Drives: '07 350z
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Here you go:

2005 350Z

With 287HP the car ran 14.2 @ 98MPH. The newer 350Z's had 306HP. Thats a difference of 19HP. The car didn't gain over a full second and 10MPH in the 1/4 mile from 19HP. Use some common sense.

Also notice how everyone else in your link was around 104-106MPH at best, and then this guy comes out of the woodwork with a 109MPH trap?? Bullshit. They were surprised, and they drive the same damn car.

Obviously these people are running modded cars, whether those mods be power related, traction related, or both.

wow, this one's in denial. Believe what you want, it's your fantasy land to pick and choose what to believe. Oh, and about the SS vs. 350z, yeah, that's about right.
JMM1181 is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #74
HEMI DAVE
 
HEMI DAVE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LONG ISLAND,NEW YORK
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM1181 View Post
So according to you the Z is getting low 14's in the quarter mile yet with "DR's or Slicks' can manage to pull almost a full second off it's quarter mile time? What about these runs? Are you going to explain those ones away too? What do you do with the fact that various members are hitting 13.1's and 13.2's bone stock and there have been plenty of witnesses to the tracks to testify to that fact? Truth hurts, get over it, Cobalt's certainly a great value for the money but you cannot continue to say that stock it's 'faster' than a newer Z, compare any of the 'official' reviews and you'll come face to face, once again, with this hard truth. Have a nice day.
__________________
HEMI DAVE is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #75
lil_chef
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM1181 View Post
wow, this one's in denial. Believe what you want, it's your fantasy land to pick and choose what to believe. Oh, and about the SS vs. 350z, yeah, that's about right.
he is obviously lying about the times.....he never focused the camera on the board so you couldnt read the times............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................:roll eyes:
lil_chef is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #76
Wesman
 
Wesman's Avatar
 
Drives: Trans Am
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 391
Phenix
Junior Member

Drives: 2006 DB 350z, 2007 LB S2000

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 14

JMM1181
Junior Member

Drives: '07 350z

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 24

HEMI DAVE
Member

Drives: CHALLENGER RT/ NISSAN 350Z

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LONG ISLAND,NEW YORK
Posts: 57


Looks like all the Nissan Z fanboys came out of the woodwork. No sense in argueing against ignorant fanboys.
Wesman is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #77
DDA_Skull
 
DDA_Skull's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Logan
Posts: 367
Ha ha, very true. But i am a fan of both, its just the Z isn't the car of choice. The camaro is just alittle more practicle. Its not perfect, but close. If i wanted a 2 seater sports car i would get a Vette. Most people say the 350-370Z's are for preps, its just cause, well as we all know they are fast cars, they just don't sound good when going fast. So the people sitting in them people consider to be preps. There is just nothing that can match the sound of a good V8 rumble.
__________________
"NOBODY LIKES YOU CABOOSE" REDVSBLUE

DDA_Skull is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #78
HEMI DAVE
 
HEMI DAVE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LONG ISLAND,NEW YORK
Posts: 655
Maybe we know more about the car than you do....ya think???

Just trying to educate some of you.

By the way I also own a Dodge Challenger, Mazda 5 and a Ford Taurus so how am I a fanboy??

Stop drinking the GM koolaid for 5 minutes and try to be objective.

By the way I have more posts than you do Wesman
__________________
HEMI DAVE is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #79
Wesman
 
Wesman's Avatar
 
Drives: Trans Am
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE View Post
Maybe we know more about the car than you do....ya think???
Considering nobody can seem to be able to explain how a car can go from 14.2 @ 98 to a claimed "13.1 @ 109" with only a 19HP increase, I wouldn't say you know much. Bottom line is ricers exaggerate numbers, and you're buying into it.

Quote:
By the way I also own a Dodge Challenger, Mazda 5 and a Ford Taurus so how am I a fanboy??
Because you're blindly defending the Z when there is nothing superior about it at all.

Quote:
Stop drinking the GM koolaid for 5 minutes and try to be objective.

By the way I have more posts than you do Wesman
Umm..good for you??
Wesman is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #80
HEMI DAVE
 
HEMI DAVE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LONG ISLAND,NEW YORK
Posts: 655
Good comeback (yawn)
__________________
HEMI DAVE is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #81
JMM1181
 
Drives: '07 350z
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Phenix
Junior Member

Drives: 2006 DB 350z, 2007 LB S2000

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 14

JMM1181
Junior Member

Drives: '07 350z

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 24

HEMI DAVE
Member

Drives: CHALLENGER RT/ NISSAN 350Z

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LONG ISLAND,NEW YORK
Posts: 57


Looks like all the Nissan Z fanboys came out of the woodwork. No sense in argueing against ignorant fanboys.

Considering I was around these boards posting before you, where did you come from? Fanboy? I've stated openly that the Camaro was my first car of choice, situations arose quicker than I would have like but still I would be the last person to complain about driving the car I drive- I also realize what little you actually know or understand about the topics you've discussed on this board, as has been proven repeatedly in this thread.

Bottom line, I love my car, I think the 370z will be an amazing car for what it is, especially as an all motor V6 competing directly with V8 muscle, that said, I would rather have the sound and rumbling of a V8 and the look of the Camaro over the 370z personally and if I have an opportunity to pick up a Camaro a few years down the line you better believe I'm gonna take it. This threads veered way too far off topic, I appreciate your input Wesman, but I think I know a little bit more about my car than you do.
JMM1181 is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #82
lil_chef
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Considering nobody can seem to be able to explain how a car can go from 14.2 @ 98 to a claimed "13.1 @ 109" with only a 19HP increase, I wouldn't say you know much. Bottom line is ricers exaggerate numbers, and you're buying into it.



Because you're blindly defending the Z when there is nothing superior about it at all.



Umm..good for you??
MAYBE THOSE DRIVERS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN BETTER THAN 14.2 WITH THE OLDER 350Z think of that?

your blindly bashing the z when there is nothing inferior about it at all
lil_chef is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #83
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,360
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
your blindly bashing the z when there is nothing inferior about it at all
Careful.

There's always something inferior about every car. If there wasn't, we'd have achieved the "perfect car", and development would cease across the board.

For instance....the Nissan lacks seating capacity compared to the Camaro. That's an inferior trait, no?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #84
kdbolt70

 
kdbolt70's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Haslett, Mi
Posts: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE View Post

By the way I have more posts than you do Wesman
HOLD THE PHONE

Big man on campus is IN THE HOUSE EVERYBODY

This might be my favorite thread on Camaro5.


Oh, and I dusted a 350Z today. Quick, say something about my posts or kool aid!!
__________________
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 AM   #85
DDA_Skull
 
DDA_Skull's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Logan
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Careful.

There's always something inferior about every car. If there wasn't, we'd have achieved the "perfect car", and development would cease across the board.

For instance....the Nissan lacks seating capacity compared to the Camaro. That's an inferior trait, no?
Very good point. But unfortunatly people are now going to start the the inferior facts about the Camaro, and the will go on. For example. Even though i like the Camaro.
Fact: Camaro weighs more.
Fact: Camaro Gas Hog
Fact......... ect.
Its just a game people like to play for some reason.

On of the biggest things i find funny is how people say the Camaro wont be a good track car. How about you get behind the wheel and start showing it some corners. If nothing else, drift that V8.
__________________
"NOBODY LIKES YOU CABOOSE" REDVSBLUE

DDA_Skull is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V8 Camaro Performance Upgrades List Milk 1027 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 89 02-20-2015 09:43 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
What Nissan 370Z Fans Think Of The Camaro! CoolestCamaro873 Chevy Camaro vs... 181 05-21-2009 02:40 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 01:31 AM
Nissan 370z vs. Camaro SS vs BMW 135i 4thGenRocks General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 60 01-07-2009 05:58 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.