Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #251
LarkVille

Drives: The Larkvillemobile
What's amazing is that Chevy employs designers whose whole job is colors for the car lineups. Chevy put out a video with behind the scenes of the design process, and guys were coming up with some innovative colors. But what's the point of this department if the end result is bad color options for the Camaro?

Mustang wins the color game. Two blues, yellow blaze metallic (replaced sunset gold) and the Lava Red (which replaced their gray this year). Camaro should take some more creative risk with their paint schemes, i think they're underestimating how much stock people put into the color of their car.
LarkVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:53 AM   #252
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Ever notice that blues ALWAYS get changed and/or discontinued on autos. It doesn't matter if it's Grand Cherokees, Vettes, Camaros or what.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #253
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
So as there are now numerous vehicles produced at this location, why not offer all of the colors (from all of the vehicles) for each model produced? That would provide quite a few options and offer everyone a chance at creating a very unique vehicle. Decisions, decisions...

Equinox:

Black
Black Granite Metallic
Cardinal Red Metallic
Crystal Red Tint Coat
Twilight Blue Metallic
Ashen Gray Metallic
Graystone Metallic
Mocha Stell Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Silver Ice Metallic
Summit White
White Diamond Tricoat

Impalla:

Black
Black Granite Metallic
Ashen Gray Metallic
Summit White
Silver Ice Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Victory Red
Crystal Red Tintcoat

Buick Regal:

Quick Silver Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Midnight Blue Metallic
Carbon Black Metallic
Summit White
Black Onyx
Crystal Red Tintcoat
White Diamond Tricoat
Smoky Gray Metallic

I'd love a Black Granite Metallic, Black Onyx, or Midnight Blue Metallic SS.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #254
izone

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-2011 Traverse
Fbodfather,
I have a 2011 dark blue metallic Traverse. Is it similar to IBM? If so, I'll holdoff my order as planed & go with CRT.

Thank you
izone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #255
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
So as there are now numerous vehicles produced at this location, why not offer all of the colors (from all of the vehicles) for each model produced? That would provide quite a few options and offer everyone a chance at creating a very unique vehicle. Decisions, decisions...

Equinox:

Black
Black Granite Metallic
Cardinal Red Metallic
Crystal Red Tint Coat
Twilight Blue Metallic
Ashen Gray Metallic
Graystone Metallic
Mocha Stell Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Silver Ice Metallic
Summit White
White Diamond Tricoat

Impalla:

Black
Black Granite Metallic
Ashen Gray Metallic
Summit White
Silver Ice Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Victory Red
Crystal Red Tintcoat

Buick Regal:

Quick Silver Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Midnight Blue Metallic
Carbon Black Metallic
Summit White
Black Onyx
Crystal Red Tintcoat
White Diamond Tricoat
Smoky Gray Metallic
+1
Old 12-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #256
BowtieSweden

Drives: ...and Camaro SS Coupe -12
Who is the father?
What position is he, at GM?

//Gus
BowtieSweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #257
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieSweden View Post
Who is the father?

//Gus
Scott Settlemire, see here: http://www.camarowiki.com/index.php?...re&redirect=no

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #258
BowtieSweden

Drives: ...and Camaro SS Coupe -12
Thanks.
I placed an order for a Imperial Blue SS in november, I'm a little bit worried about this with the colors that come and go.
Just want to know how accurate this is, or if it is rumors?

//Gus
BowtieSweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #259
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Thanks.
I placed an order for a Imperial Blue SS in november, I'm a little bit worried about this with the colors that come and go.
Just want to know how accurate this is, or if it is rumors?

//Gus
Yup this color being discontinued is pretty legit. It would not have made the front page if it were not.

Congrats on your order!!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #260
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed
Way to go, GM. As Milk stated earlier.."starting to lose the faith". Scott said since the Camaro is built in the same plant as other GM cars, they need to pare the color choices as they see fit. This does not explain the Synergy Green Metallic option that was on a limited basis. If GM can produce a bright green for Camaro use only in this plant, they should be able to produce a LeMans or Marina or Mulsanne Blue for Pete's sake! Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. I still have not ordered a Camaro because I wanted a decent bright or medium blue. I have held out, hoping for such. I must be an idiot to count on the bean-counters at GM! Nice work, bozos. Un-freaking-believable. Mr Settlemire, why not tell the brass a way to REALLY make some money...use the Henry Ford formula...you know...you can have a Camaro in any color, as long as it is BLACK. (actually the definition of black is the ABSENCE of color). Ironic, eh? So, no blue option? No order. Tell that to the clowns upstairs, Scott.

Last edited by Rallysport; 12-18-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #261
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkVille View Post
What's amazing is that Chevy employs designers whose whole job is colors for the car lineups. Chevy put out a video with behind the scenes of the design process, and guys were coming up with some innovative colors. But what's the point of this department if the end result is bad color options for the Camaro?

Mustang wins the color game. Two blues, yellow blaze metallic (replaced sunset gold) and the Lava Red (which replaced their gray this year). Camaro should take some more creative risk with their paint schemes, i think they're underestimating how much stock people put into the color of their car.
There are some colors on the Mustang I like. Like the yellow that looks more like Bumble Bee yellow, but they have a blue that looks too Smurfarific to me...

Anyway my reply, I agree I personally love bold colors as MILK has stated many times, but to say GM is not doing something right or anything like that is a bit far fetched, I mean obviously they are doing something right, they outsell the mustang every month now... So how can you say Mustang wins the color game. GM employees people who analyze the market to determine what colors people are buying. Looks like they are winning to me.
Just food for thought.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #262
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkVille View Post

I don't think they are underestimating how people feel about color, because I really don't think the brass give a damn. You are correct, why employ art and color people when you continue to limit the color choices? It's stupid.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #263
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Who is the father?

//Gus
CEO of chevy. spends alot of his free time on here.
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #264
bigd1276
2012 IBM 2SS/RS

Drives: 2012 Imperial Blue 2SS/RS
I'm gonna be patient and see what new colors come along. I don't think that a year will go by without another blue Camaro being built. Gotta have some faith.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM S22 RS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #265
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
There are some colors on the Mustang I like. Like the yellow that looks more like Bumble Bee yellow, but they have a blue that looks too Smurfarific to me...

Love the Yellow on the Mustang, Chevy should have done a color like that instead of RY.

Hate that blue

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:09 AM   #266
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
Funny you would say that. One of the most interesting comments I got from a stranger was "How do you like the Ford blue on your Chevrolet!"
Have to admit that first time I have heard that Ford owns blue. My opinion is that IBM certainly don't match the blue oval. Back in the day, as I recall, mostly red mustangs and the rage was blue Camaros and Vettes. My personal taste says that specific colors belong on certain car body designs, particularly sports and muscle cars.
At my age, I prefer the most masculine color needing all the help I can get. LOL That's why I wanted dark and close to black(IBM) without being black. A toast to everyone with their favorite color as long as it's a Camaro or Vette.

My answer to the stranger would have been that the blue looks better than on a Ford.
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:22 AM   #267
GREENSTEVE

Drives: 2011 Camaro - 2014 Corvette
How about purple or gold ?
GREENSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #268
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Real glad I already got my Imperial Blue Camaro SS !

Wouldn't of had it in any other colour.... Now it will really be a collectors model.

Attachment 315370

Attachment 315371

Attachment 315372

Be TRUE to the BLUE
Just gotta throw a big congrats on your Camaro. These are the most absolute best and fantastic pics of the IBM that I have seen. I really like your tweaks to the car. This is one awesome looking vehicle!
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #269
R1jamn

Drives: 2006 YZF-R1/2010 Honda Civic Cpe
GM had captured a beautiful color with "Imperial Blue Metallic".
It was a very rich, elegant and calming color.
This is no fault of GM for the discontinued color.
I do not believe that IBM had declined in popularity.
Circumstances beyond human control have forced this on GM and us the consumer.

IBM with white rally stripes would have been my first choice when I order a Z/28 or a ZL1 in 2014 (My 50th birthday).
Although the ZL1 does not have a rally stripe option because of the carbon fiber hood vent, I would still have ordered the IBM.
And yes, I believe and trust that GM will produce a Z/28.

Now, let us not turn this into negative energy. Negative energy can create bad luck and even health problems, both physically and mentally.
I'm sure many of you understand this.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to request a new color that I am also partial to.

Ahhhehehehemmm................ Attention GM.
Now that IBM is being discontinued, I would like to see a Deep Dark Red as a color option.

A Deep Dark Red would be fantastic. You can call it "Million Dollar Red".
Now that is rich. LOL
My "Million Dollar Red" Camaro will have white rally stripes, if possible.

Let me be completely candid here. I DO NOT want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have the "tincoat" type color tone to it.
I do not want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have a rust tone or purple tone to it.
I'm patiently waiting GM, and I'll be checking up on you from time to time.

R1jamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #270
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post

Love the Yellow on the Mustang, Chevy should have done a color like that instead of RY.

Hate that blue
Grabber hammer and beat yourself for choosing that color.. they tried adding white or red stripes to tone it... NOOOOPE doesnt work.. only color i like on the Stang is Kona Blue with Silver stripes.. ill give Props for that...

Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #271
BlueDragonVT

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Glad I got mine when I did, and I had to fight for it! Absolutely worth it though. It was always the color I wanted. Now My first choice and my second choice (RJT) are both gone. So sad.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #272
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRS View Post
Grabber hammer and beat yourself for choosing that color.. they tried adding white or red stripes to tone it... NOOOOPE doesnt work.. only color i like on the Stang is Kona Blue with Silver stripes.. ill give Props for that...

Not even a fan of that color really either. I like the new mustangs in Sterling Grey the most!

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #273
Bonanza7

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1jamn View Post
GM had captured a beautiful color with "Imperial Blue Metallic".
It was a very rich, elegant and calming color.
This is no fault of GM for the discontinued color.
I do not believe that IBM had declined in popularity.
Circumstances beyond human control have forced this on GM and us the consumer.

IBM with white rally stripes would have been my first choice when I order a Z/28 or a ZL1 in 2014 (My 50th birthday).
Although the ZL1 does not have a rally stripe option because of the carbon fiber hood vent, I would still have ordered the IBM.
And yes, I believe and trust that GM will produce a Z/28.

Now, let us not turn this into negative energy. Negative energy can create bad luck and even health problems, both physically and mentally.
I'm sure many of you understand this.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to request a new color that I am also partial to.

Ahhhehehehemmm................ Attention GM.
Now that IBM is being discontinued, I would like to see a Deep Dark Red as a color option.

A Deep Dark Red would be fantastic. You can call it "Million Dollar Red".
Now that is rich. LOL
My "Million Dollar Red" Camaro will have white rally stripes, if possible.

Let me be completely candid here. I DO NOT want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have the "tincoat" type color tone to it.
I do not want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have a rust tone or purple tone to it.
I'm patiently waiting GM, and I'll be checking up on you from time to time.

f therewas no shortage of demand, and GM still kills it, how can it not be GM's fault?
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #274
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
f therewas no shortage of demand, and GM still kills it, how can it not be GM's fault?
Evidently you didn't hear about the tsunami

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #275
Bonanza7

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Evidently you didn't hear about the tsunami
Blaming the Tsunami for all the ills of GM is like blaming Bush for obama's problems. Only works for so long. I don't recall GM blaming Japan for paint in the US. Last I heard, we had plenty of paint companies here. Just seems like GM is going back to its old ways.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote