Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #251
LarkVille
 
LarkVille's Avatar
 
Drives: The Larkvillemobile
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Denver Suburbs
Posts: 188
What's amazing is that Chevy employs designers whose whole job is colors for the car lineups. Chevy put out a video with behind the scenes of the design process, and guys were coming up with some innovative colors. But what's the point of this department if the end result is bad color options for the Camaro?

Mustang wins the color game. Two blues, yellow blaze metallic (replaced sunset gold) and the Lava Red (which replaced their gray this year). Camaro should take some more creative risk with their paint schemes, i think they're underestimating how much stock people put into the color of their car.
LarkVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:53 AM   #252
oyealiz

 
oyealiz's Avatar
 
Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,207
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Ever notice that blues ALWAYS get changed and/or discontinued on autos. It doesn't matter if it's Grand Cherokees, Vettes, Camaros or what.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #253
JimE

 
JimE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 1,996
So as there are now numerous vehicles produced at this location, why not offer all of the colors (from all of the vehicles) for each model produced? That would provide quite a few options and offer everyone a chance at creating a very unique vehicle. Decisions, decisions...

Equinox:

Black
Black Granite Metallic
Cardinal Red Metallic
Crystal Red Tint Coat
Twilight Blue Metallic
Ashen Gray Metallic
Graystone Metallic
Mocha Stell Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Silver Ice Metallic
Summit White
White Diamond Tricoat


Impalla:

Black
Black Granite Metallic
Ashen Gray Metallic
Summit White
Silver Ice Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Victory Red
Crystal Red Tintcoat


Buick Regal:

Quick Silver Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Midnight Blue Metallic
Carbon Black Metallic
Summit White
Black Onyx
Crystal Red Tintcoat
White Diamond Tricoat
Smoky Gray Metallic

I'd love a Black Granite Metallic, Black Onyx, or Midnight Blue Metallic SS.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #254
izone
 
izone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-2011 Traverse
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southold, NY
Posts: 73
Fbodfather,
I have a 2011 dark blue metallic Traverse. Is it similar to IBM? If so, I'll holdoff my order as planed & go with CRT.

Thank you
izone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #255
Elykson
Custom One Off
 
Elykson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
So as there are now numerous vehicles produced at this location, why not offer all of the colors (from all of the vehicles) for each model produced? That would provide quite a few options and offer everyone a chance at creating a very unique vehicle. Decisions, decisions...

Equinox:

Black
Black Granite Metallic
Cardinal Red Metallic
Crystal Red Tint Coat
Twilight Blue Metallic
Ashen Gray Metallic
Graystone Metallic
Mocha Stell Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Silver Ice Metallic
Summit White
White Diamond Tricoat


Impalla:

Black
Black Granite Metallic
Ashen Gray Metallic
Summit White
Silver Ice Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Victory Red
Crystal Red Tintcoat


Buick Regal:

Quick Silver Metallic
Gold Mist Metallic
Midnight Blue Metallic
Carbon Black Metallic
Summit White
Black Onyx
Crystal Red Tintcoat
White Diamond Tricoat
Smoky Gray Metallic
+1
__________________
Vararam Intake/SLP Loud Mouth II/BBK LT HFC/Magnaflow x-pipe/Pfadt Springs/Black Ice-olator/FE3 suspension/VMAX TB/RX catch can/Trifecta Tune
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129416
Elykson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #256
BowtieSweden
 
BowtieSweden's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and Camaro SS Coupe -12
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 21
Who is the father?
What position is he, at GM?

//Gus
BowtieSweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #257
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...
 
BowtieBelle's Avatar
 
Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieSweden View Post
Who is the father?
What position is he, at GM?

//Gus
Scott Settlemire, see here: http://www.camarowiki.com/index.php?...re&redirect=no

__________________
"Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff." -CamaroSpike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #258
BowtieSweden
 
BowtieSweden's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and Camaro SS Coupe -12
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 21
Thanks.
I placed an order for a Imperial Blue SS in november, I'm a little bit worried about this with the colors that come and go.
Just want to know how accurate this is, or if it is rumors?

//Gus
BowtieSweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #259
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,454
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieSweden View Post
Thanks.
I placed an order for a Imperial Blue SS in november, I'm a little bit worried about this with the colors that come and go.
Just want to know how accurate this is, or if it is rumors?

//Gus
Yup this color being discontinued is pretty legit. It would not have made the front page if it were not.

Congrats on your order!!
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #260
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!
 
Rallysport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 853
Way to go, GM. As Milk stated earlier.."starting to lose the faith". Scott said since the Camaro is built in the same plant as other GM cars, they need to pare the color choices as they see fit. This does not explain the Synergy Green Metallic option that was on a limited basis. If GM can produce a bright green for Camaro use only in this plant, they should be able to produce a LeMans or Marina or Mulsanne Blue for Pete's sake! Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. I still have not ordered a Camaro because I wanted a decent bright or medium blue. I have held out, hoping for such. I must be an idiot to count on the bean-counters at GM! Nice work, bozos. Un-freaking-believable. Mr Settlemire, why not tell the brass a way to REALLY make some money...use the Henry Ford formula...you know...you can have a Camaro in any color, as long as it is BLACK. (actually the definition of black is the ABSENCE of color). Ironic, eh? So, no blue option? No order. Tell that to the clowns upstairs, Scott.
__________________

Last edited by Rallysport; 12-18-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #261
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,454
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkVille View Post
What's amazing is that Chevy employs designers whose whole job is colors for the car lineups. Chevy put out a video with behind the scenes of the design process, and guys were coming up with some innovative colors. But what's the point of this department if the end result is bad color options for the Camaro?

Mustang wins the color game. Two blues, yellow blaze metallic (replaced sunset gold) and the Lava Red (which replaced their gray this year). Camaro should take some more creative risk with their paint schemes, i think they're underestimating how much stock people put into the color of their car.
There are some colors on the Mustang I like. Like the yellow that looks more like Bumble Bee yellow, but they have a blue that looks too Smurfarific to me...

Anyway my reply, I agree I personally love bold colors as MILK has stated many times, but to say GM is not doing something right or anything like that is a bit far fetched, I mean obviously they are doing something right, they outsell the mustang every month now... So how can you say Mustang wins the color game. GM employees people who analyze the market to determine what colors people are buying. Looks like they are winning to me.
Just food for thought.


__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #262
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!
 
Rallysport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkVille View Post
What's amazing is that Chevy employs designers whose whole job is colors for the car lineups. Chevy put out a video with behind the scenes of the design process, and guys were coming up with some innovative colors. But what's the point of this department if the end result is bad color options for the Camaro?

Mustang wins the color game. Two blues, yellow blaze metallic (replaced sunset gold) and the Lava Red (which replaced their gray this year). Camaro should take some more creative risk with their paint schemes, i think they're underestimating how much stock people put into the color of their car.
I don't think they are underestimating how people feel about color, because I really don't think the brass give a damn. You are correct, why employ art and color people when you continue to limit the color choices? It's stupid.
__________________
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #263
mike25


 
mike25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubba V
Posts: 2,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieSweden View Post
Who is the father?
What position is he, at GM?

//Gus
CEO of chevy. spends alot of his free time on here.
__________________
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #264
bigd1276
2012 IBM 2SS/RS
 
bigd1276's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Imperial Blue 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 1,496
I'm gonna be patient and see what new colors come along. I don't think that a year will go by without another blue Camaro being built. Gotta have some faith.
__________________
]
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30755

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM S22 RS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #265
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10
 
TaylorRyanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
There are some colors on the Mustang I like. Like the yellow that looks more like Bumble Bee yellow, but they have a blue that looks too Smurfarific to me...



Love the Yellow on the Mustang, Chevy should have done a color like that instead of RY.

Hate that blue
__________________

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:09 AM   #266
john2000car
American_Chevy
 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
Funny you would say that. One of the most interesting comments I got from a stranger was "How do you like the Ford blue on your Chevrolet!"
Have to admit that first time I have heard that Ford owns blue. My opinion is that IBM certainly don't match the blue oval. Back in the day, as I recall, mostly red mustangs and the rage was blue Camaros and Vettes. My personal taste says that specific colors belong on certain car body designs, particularly sports and muscle cars.
At my age, I prefer the most masculine color needing all the help I can get. LOL That's why I wanted dark and close to black(IBM) without being black. A toast to everyone with their favorite color as long as it's a Camaro or Vette.

My answer to the stranger would have been that the blue looks better than on a Ford.
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:22 AM   #267
GREENSTEVE
 
GREENSTEVE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro - 2014 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pa
Posts: 219
How about purple or gold ?
GREENSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #268
john2000car
American_Chevy
 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Real glad I already got my Imperial Blue Camaro SS !

Wouldn't of had it in any other colour.... Now it will really be a collectors model.

Attachment 315370

Attachment 315371

Attachment 315372

Be TRUE to the BLUE
Just gotta throw a big congrats on your Camaro. These are the most absolute best and fantastic pics of the IBM that I have seen. I really like your tweaks to the car. This is one awesome looking vehicle!
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #269
R1jamn
 
R1jamn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 YZF-R1/2010 Honda Civic Cpe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 8
GM had captured a beautiful color with "Imperial Blue Metallic".
It was a very rich, elegant and calming color.
This is no fault of GM for the discontinued color.
I do not believe that IBM had declined in popularity.
Circumstances beyond human control have forced this on GM and us the consumer.

IBM with white rally stripes would have been my first choice when I order a Z/28 or a ZL1 in 2014 (My 50th birthday).
Although the ZL1 does not have a rally stripe option because of the carbon fiber hood vent, I would still have ordered the IBM.
And yes, I believe and trust that GM will produce a Z/28.

Now, let us not turn this into negative energy. Negative energy can create bad luck and even health problems, both physically and mentally.
I'm sure many of you understand this.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to request a new color that I am also partial to.

Ahhhehehehemmm................ Attention GM.
Now that IBM is being discontinued, I would like to see a Deep Dark Red as a color option.

A Deep Dark Red would be fantastic. You can call it "Million Dollar Red".
Now that is rich. LOL
My "Million Dollar Red" Camaro will have white rally stripes, if possible.

Let me be completely candid here. I DO NOT want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have the "tincoat" type color tone to it.
I do not want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have a rust tone or purple tone to it.
I'm patiently waiting GM, and I'll be checking up on you from time to time.








R1jamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #270
SteveRS


 
SteveRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lorain, Ohio
Posts: 6,359
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post


Love the Yellow on the Mustang, Chevy should have done a color like that instead of RY.

Hate that blue
Grabber hammer and beat yourself for choosing that color.. they tried adding white or red stripes to tone it... NOOOOPE doesnt work.. only color i like on the Stang is Kona Blue with Silver stripes.. ill give Props for that...

__________________
2011 Imperial Blue 1.5SS
2010 Silver Ice Cobalt SS
SteveRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #271
BlueDragonVT
 
BlueDragonVT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 431
Glad I got mine when I did, and I had to fight for it! Absolutely worth it though. It was always the color I wanted. Now My first choice and my second choice (RJT) are both gone. So sad.
__________________
BlueDragonVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #272
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10
 
TaylorRyanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRS View Post
Grabber hammer and beat yourself for choosing that color.. they tried adding white or red stripes to tone it... NOOOOPE doesnt work.. only color i like on the Stang is Kona Blue with Silver stripes.. ill give Props for that...

Not even a fan of that color really either. I like the new mustangs in Sterling Grey the most!
__________________

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #273
Bonanza7


 
Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1jamn View Post
GM had captured a beautiful color with "Imperial Blue Metallic".
It was a very rich, elegant and calming color.
This is no fault of GM for the discontinued color.
I do not believe that IBM had declined in popularity.
Circumstances beyond human control have forced this on GM and us the consumer.

IBM with white rally stripes would have been my first choice when I order a Z/28 or a ZL1 in 2014 (My 50th birthday).
Although the ZL1 does not have a rally stripe option because of the carbon fiber hood vent, I would still have ordered the IBM.
And yes, I believe and trust that GM will produce a Z/28.

Now, let us not turn this into negative energy. Negative energy can create bad luck and even health problems, both physically and mentally.
I'm sure many of you understand this.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to request a new color that I am also partial to.

Ahhhehehehemmm................ Attention GM.
Now that IBM is being discontinued, I would like to see a Deep Dark Red as a color option.

A Deep Dark Red would be fantastic. You can call it "Million Dollar Red".
Now that is rich. LOL
My "Million Dollar Red" Camaro will have white rally stripes, if possible.

Let me be completely candid here. I DO NOT want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have the "tincoat" type color tone to it.
I do not want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have a rust tone or purple tone to it.
I'm patiently waiting GM, and I'll be checking up on you from time to time.


f therewas no shortage of demand, and GM still kills it, how can it not be GM's fault?
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #274
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...
 
BowtieBelle's Avatar
 
Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
f therewas no shortage of demand, and GM still kills it, how can it not be GM's fault?
Evidently you didn't hear about the tsunami
__________________
"Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff." -CamaroSpike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #275
Bonanza7


 
Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Evidently you didn't hear about the tsunami
Blaming the Tsunami for all the ills of GM is like blaming Bush for obama's problems. Only works for so long. I don't recall GM blaming Japan for paint in the US. Last I heard, we had plenty of paint companies here. Just seems like GM is going back to its old ways.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beating a dead horse III Gm needs 20k orders for blue! 1BADZL1 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 87 10-10-2011 09:45 PM
T- Top shop Aqua Blue, Imperial too. SS22 Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum 3 07-31-2011 01:55 AM
Imperial Blue metallic discontinued? ladysman07 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 2 12-26-2009 09:03 PM
Synergy Green and Imperial Blue drksthr 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 7 12-13-2009 11:36 AM
2010 Camaro 2SS Imperial Blue: RS Package: Sunroof: Automatic Chevy45 Dealer Camaros for Sale 0 10-20-2009 05:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.