Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #273
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1jamn View Post
GM had captured a beautiful color with "Imperial Blue Metallic".
It was a very rich, elegant and calming color.
This is no fault of GM for the discontinued color.
I do not believe that IBM had declined in popularity.
Circumstances beyond human control have forced this on GM and us the consumer.

IBM with white rally stripes would have been my first choice when I order a Z/28 or a ZL1 in 2014 (My 50th birthday).
Although the ZL1 does not have a rally stripe option because of the carbon fiber hood vent, I would still have ordered the IBM.
And yes, I believe and trust that GM will produce a Z/28.

Now, let us not turn this into negative energy. Negative energy can create bad luck and even health problems, both physically and mentally.
I'm sure many of you understand this.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to request a new color that I am also partial to.

Ahhhehehehemmm................ Attention GM.
Now that IBM is being discontinued, I would like to see a Deep Dark Red as a color option.

A Deep Dark Red would be fantastic. You can call it "Million Dollar Red".
Now that is rich. LOL
My "Million Dollar Red" Camaro will have white rally stripes, if possible.

Let me be completely candid here. I DO NOT want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have the "tincoat" type color tone to it.
I do not want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have a rust tone or purple tone to it.
I'm patiently waiting GM, and I'll be checking up on you from time to time.

f therewas no shortage of demand, and GM still kills it, how can it not be GM's fault?
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #274
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
f therewas no shortage of demand, and GM still kills it, how can it not be GM's fault?
Evidently you didn't hear about the tsunami

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #275
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Evidently you didn't hear about the tsunami
Blaming the Tsunami for all the ills of GM is like blaming Bush for obama's problems. Only works for so long. I don't recall GM blaming Japan for paint in the US. Last I heard, we had plenty of paint companies here. Just seems like GM is going back to its old ways.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #276
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Supersonic Blue Metallic

Is this color a new blue for the Camaro? It is on a Corvette but.....

http://www.coxauto.com/2012-chevrole...1C5100653.html
Old 12-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #277
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Blaming the Tsunami for all the ills of GM is like blaming Bush for obama's problems. Only works for so long. I don't recall GM blaming Japan for paint in the US. Last I heard, we had plenty of paint companies here. Just seems like GM is going back to its old ways.

Read Scott's post about validating paint. They have contracts with certain suppliers. Apparently you don't know how much R&D costs... I never blamed the tsunami for "all of GM's ills." The tsunami was the reason CGM and IBM were on constraint and has a large part to play in the loss of the colors. Do you enjoy patronizing people?

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #278
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
I don't think they are underestimating how people feel about color, because I really don't think the brass give a damn. You are correct, why employ art and color people when you continue to limit the color choices? It's stupid.

I'm sorry you feel that way-- but please don't say the brass don't give a damn - it's not true -- read the thread........
Old 12-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #279
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Read Scott's post about validating paint. They have contracts with certain suppliers. Apparently you don't know how much R&D costs... I never blamed the tsunami for "all of GM's ills." The tsunami was the reason CGM and IBM were on constraint and has a large part to play in the loss of the colors. Do you enjoy patronizing people?
thank you for your support - but as I've said many times- no matter what we do - you can't make people happy all the time - simply impossible to do so....Mustang, I'm sure, has people who get upset when they drop a color as well........

And when we do something that someone doesn't like, it's always easy to take a cheap shot such as "the brass don't listen" or "GM's going back to it's old ways" - which, of course is not true.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #280
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way-- but please don't say the brass don't give a damn - it's not true -- read the thread........
I did read the thread, Scott. I do not consider you the "brass" by the way. I mean that in all respect. I still want to know why GM can produce Synergy Green on the Camaro only in the same plant as the other cars, but is now reducing color choices on the Camaro because it shares a plant with other GM cars. It makes no sense to me, Scott...none at all.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #281
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
I did read the thread, Scott. I do not consider you the "brass" by the way. I mean that in all respect. I still want to know why GM can produce Synergy Green on the Camaro only in the same plant as the other cars, but is now reducing color choices on the Camaro because it shares a plant with other GM cars. It makes no sense to me, Scott...none at all.
This is a valid question IMO. Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but what color at the plant, if any, were sacrificed in order to make SGM possible?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #282
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
This is a valid question IMO. Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but what color at the plant, if any, were sacrificed in order to make SGM possible?
Well, I am not a decision-maker at GM,(just a lowly autobody shop owner and painter and former art and color commercial art guy) but from what I recall, Aqua Blue Metallic (an original color choice in model year one) was canned in favor of Synergy Green Metallic. I was intrigued by the SGM color so much, I kept scouting local dealers until one showed up in my area, then went down to see it in person. Did I buy one? No. But I was impressed that GM made such a bold color choice for once! Hello? Paging Mr Scott Settlemire....please forward the above commentary to the so-called "brass". Thankyou!
Old 12-20-2011, 01:38 AM   #283
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Well, I am not a decision-maker at GM,(just a lowly autobody shop owner and painter and former art and color commercial art guy) but from what I recall, Aqua Blue Metallic (an original color choice in model year one) was canned in favor of Synergy Green Metallic. I was intrigued by the SGM color so much, I kept scouting local dealers until one showed up in my area, then went down to see it in person. Did I buy one? No. But I was impressed that GM made such a bold color choice for once! Hello? Paging Mr Scott Settlemire....please forward the above commentary to the so-called "brass". Thankyou!
Actually Aqua Blue was not nixed in favor of SGM. Aqua blue was canned because sales were under their preset number (2% i believe) for discontinuation.
From what I read Scott say the plant was already 1 color over capacity so they had to get rid of one color permanently since ABM was the least selling it was removed from the line up. SGM was meant to be a specialty limited color. My understanding was that their fates were not intertwined.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #284
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Actually Aqua Blue was not nixed in favor of SGM. Aqua blue was canned because sales were under their preset number (2% i believe) for discontinuation.
From what I read Scott say the plant was already 1 color over capacity so they had to get rid of one color permanently since ABM was the least selling it was removed from the line up. SGM was meant to be a specialty limited color. My understanding was that their fates were not intertwined.
So then the question remains, how were they able to accommodate a limited run of SGM if the plant was at color capacity?
Old 12-20-2011, 02:33 AM   #285
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
So then the question remains, how were they able to accommodate a limited run of SGM if the plant was at color capacity?
From what I have read.
They have room for specialty limited colors. If they kept the ABM it would have reduced a slot for a specialty color like SGM I guess. Not sure how it all works there, but my point is that ABM was not axed because of SGM, I am pretty sure thats what FBODFATHER and others have said. If I had time to go back many months ago to find his post, I would, but that was well over a year ago.

It may also have to do with an internal GM policy, that they only offer 8 standard colors max per model, and they were running 9? That I am not 100% sure on.

Either way, like I said earlier too, they are doing something right, they outsell mustangs! Why change what works? but again, I do like bold colors, that's why I am one of the very few ABM's
Old 12-20-2011, 05:35 AM   #286
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I liked IBM but it was time for a replacement. It would be much appreciated by me and probably everybody else if they would make room for GS Blue. I'm still saving for my fifth gen and would be willing to pay extra for this color.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #287
R1jamn

Drives: 2006 YZF-R1/2010 Honda Civic Cpe
Quote:
Bonanza7
Please relax. Sit back and just enjoy the ride. If you so desire,
light up a combustible mood enhancement of your choice and let your hair down.
Everything good now?

Last edited by R1jamn; 12-21-2011 at 05:59 AM.
R1jamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #288
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
This Reef Blue on the new Beetle would look good! Kinda digging the new Beetle!
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2011, 12:18 AM   #289
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Quote:
...And the question still remains as you stated...until we hear from Mr. Settlemire, I guess. If they want to run another specialty color like SGM, then let's lobby for another "heritage" color like LeMans Blue, or Mulsanne Blue, or even good old Marina Blue...heck....ANY BLUE AT THIS POINT!!!!!!!