Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Debadge the hood?
Yes 60 92.31%
No 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
De-badge ZL1 hood on an SS or not

Alright, serious question. I have a 14 SS and added a ZL1 hood on it and I'm wondering what others think on whether the ZL1 emblems should be removed or left on the hood. (If they stay on the hood they will be Plastidipped black since that's how my other emblems are.)

Here are my thoughts. I want to keep the ZL1 emblems on the hood because it's an OEM hood and if I ever decide to resell it, I'd like them to be on it.

I want to remove them because I don't want people mistaking my SS for a ZL1. (this has already happened twice.)

I understand that ultimately it's my car and it's my decision, I'm just interested in the insight or perspective of others as it will allow me to make a better informed decision.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
I say swap it, do you really think you'll sell the hood anytime soon? Could always get it put back on?

Is the other black badging SS? Since if you left it then it would be ZL1 and SS which could be pretty weird.

All my opinion
Old 11-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #3
Taco Time

The car.
Another factor that contributes to the car being mistaken is the ZL1 repop wheels. (they're being removed in Jan for other reasons though.)
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
Taco Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
I say swap it, do you really think you'll sell the hood anytime soon? Could always get it put back on?

Is the other black badging SS? Since if you left it then it would be ZL1 and SS which could be pretty weird.

All my opinion
I have no intentions of selling the ZL1 hood anytime soon, but you never know what the future will bring. Yes other badging is the factory badging. See below. I was thinking plastidipping the ZL1 black so it'd be less noticeable to other people. Here's the rear.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #5
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
You can take them off without hurting them, so I would probably pull them off and keep them around in case you sell it.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '14 2SS/RS
Definitely debadge. You will get F'ed with if you are sporting ZL1 badging on an SS. Peeps will call you a poser.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #7
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
take off and save

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #8
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Definitely take the badges off.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #9
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE ☪

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I wouldn't keep the badge on a non ZL1.
On another note, do your cowl lines match up?
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #10
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
do what you like. Screw with them all. Put Z/28 on one side of hood, ZL1 on the other side of hood. Red "SS" on the trunk, and a white "SS" on the grill. and on each side fender, put "1LE". Scare them all when you line up is what I say, it's your car, enjoy it the way that excites you the most.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #11
Paratrooper

Drives: 2 sad communter cars.
Voted no, as in no don't keep a ZL1 badge on an SS. Didn't read the question carefully.
Paratrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #12
Taco Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I wouldn't keep the badge on a non ZL1.
On another note, do your cowl lines match up?
No they do not. However, you have to walk right up to the car to see that they're off. Most people don't notice it. (I'm sure the only people who do are Camaro owners.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
do what you like. Screw with them all. Put Z/28 on one side of hood, ZL1 on the other side of hood. Red "SS" on the trunk, and a white "SS" on the grill. and on each side fender, put "1LE". Scare them all when you line up is what I say, it's your car, enjoy it the way that excites you the most.
I'm kind of excited to see my car in Jan; then it'll be an SS with a ZL1 hood and Z28 (reproduction) wheels. It's gonna be a mutt. LOL.
I just need to figure out what kind of spoiler to add...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrooper View Post
Voted no, as in no don't keep a ZL1 badge on an SS. Didn't read the question carefully.
This is why we can't have nice things. Screwin up my poll. Now I gotta make a new one. LOL No worries.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #13
masterguns95 1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
do what YOU want. grow stones. If it is the look you want. all the folks who would tell you what to do didn't pay for the hood. Again, it is yours.
masterguns95 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #14
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Hood looks good. The ribbing would bother me if I was called a poser and guys wanting to race thinking I have a SC engine. I love the look so why get some custom SS bages for the hood where the ZL1 emblems were? That hood changes the entire look of the car and is mean as it comes down the street. Smoe custome SS slanted to look like its accelerating would be cool.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote