Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #1
P Slim

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Change DRL Function in a non-RS LS

Hey, I installed some aftermarket fogs into my 2013 2LS a while back. Afterward, I decided to retrofit some HID projectors into my headlights along with aftermarket halos. Now I have a problem that many non-RS owners face when they decide to install HID kits; I have no DRLs, instead my headlights are just on all day unless I manually turn them off while it's still bright outside. I was curious whether anyone knows a way to rework the DRL function of a non-RS to work similar to the DRL function of a factory RS. Basically, I'm asking if I can make my fogs my DRLs and have my headlights only turn on during the night. Maybe a special harness exists for this?
P Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
Oscarc2011

Drives: Camaro V6
Hello, with my experience regarding headlight harnesses Gen5 is the best way to go and they could possibly build a custom harness to your need. For example in my case I upgraded my regular halogen headights to RS headights on my 2010 Camaro and the harness I bought turned my fog lights into DRLs during the day which keeps the headights off during the day. My fog lights now operate as DRLs during the day and they still function as fog lights during the night. Here's a link to their website http://www.gen5diy.com
Oscarc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #3
P Slim

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Thanks, I'll see if I can get a custom harness. The issue is that all my lights are aftermarket. My headlights aren't from an RS and my foglamps don't have the factory harness.
P Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:23 PM   #4
Oscarc2011

Drives: Camaro V6
I see, give them a call and maybe they can make something for you, good luck!!
Oscarc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote