Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
chevydude26

 
chevydude26's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,259
Picture Request....concept and production side by side

I would love to see this done...like the real concept compared to both an ss and rs preferably silver metallic

i'd like to see if i can maybe customize the front grille somehow to match the concept..i'd also like to see the different dimensions



as you can see from the photos i'm posting that the first one is a mix of the concept and production and i'd like to make the front face of the actual convertible more like the first picture...notice the difference in size and the angular point it lost on its way to production...is there any way i can pay a custom shop to change the front of my camaro and is it legal...although the second one looks good and i can't wait for the vert...i just want to know if i can improve the front of it to look like the first pic



__________________
I think i flip flopped on the ss bumper...it looks good man...it really does

Last edited by chevydude26; 04-24-2009 at 07:05 PM.
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
bolteon593

 
Drives: 2011 GT500
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: southern california
Posts: 902
ehhh, your looking at a v6 and a v8 below... different facias.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
chevydude26

 
chevydude26's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
ehhh, your looking at a v6 and a v8 below... different facias.
even the v6 fascia doesn't look like the first picture...it doesn't have the angular shape to it anymore...the camaro bulked up a bit during production...it used to be more of a lean muscular car...but it still looks good but if its not silver ice metallic and its an ss it looks bloated

and yes i saw them at the ny auto show...silver ice metallic has a slimming effect v6 or v8 and you can see the lines better while the other colors just make it look bloated for some reason...especially the ss front fascia on different colors

but to my eyes the silver ice metallic looks slimmer ...must be some sort of illusion


edit...okay the angular shape is still there i just happen to really like the v6 front fascia a whole lot better and would it be easy to switch the ss and v6 front fascias??
__________________
I think i flip flopped on the ss bumper...it looks good man...it really does

Last edited by chevydude26; 04-24-2009 at 07:27 PM.
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,547
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
somethin I just realized............. Look at the grill of the first convert
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
jimhowie2000
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT/RS & 6 older Chevy's
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mount Vernon, Ohio
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
somethin I just realized............. Look at the grill of the first convert
yep, only seems to have horizontal bars for the upper and lower grille. Looks cleaner than the production version to me.
jimhowie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON
 
Camaro Lives On's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 1,637
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
I would love to see this done...like the real concept compared to both an ss and rs preferably silver metallic

i'd like to see if i can maybe customize the front grille somehow to match the concept..i'd also like to see the different dimensions



as you can see from the photos i'm posting that the first one is a mix of the concept and production and i'd like to make the front face of the actual convertible more like the first picture...notice the difference in size and the angular point it lost on its way to production...is there any way i can pay a custom shop to change the front of my camaro and is it legal...although the second one looks good and i can't wait for the vert...i just want to know if i can improve the front of it to look like the first pic



I guarantee I can fin you some kind of comparison pictures... give me a few minutes, I'll try to find some close one
__________________
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #7
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON
 
Camaro Lives On's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 1,637
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Here you go Chevydude26. This is about the best I got, I hope it helps a little. I have some more, and I'll try to wrangle them together if need be.

EDIT: Sorry about the headlights on the concept in one of the photos. It was the only one I had. Thanks to Dragoneye for the Photoshop though
Attached Images
  
__________________
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:36 AM   #8
chevydude26

 
chevydude26's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
Here you go Chevydude26. This is about the best I got, I hope it helps a little. I have some more, and I'll try to wrangle them together if need be.

EDIT: Sorry about the headlights on the concept in one of the photos. It was the only one I had. Thanks to Dragoneye for the Photoshop though
Thank you very much its appreciated... the lower grill is a smidge smaller on the concept and the concept seems to be a bit shorter and slightly longer which explains why on the production especially on certain colors it looks a little bulkier

and i really prefer the smaller front fascias over the ss fascias

but gm did a great job making this car happen and i can't wait for the convertible to come out

i'll try when i get mine to see if some shop could slightly modify the front fascia for me
__________________
I think i flip flopped on the ss bumper...it looks good man...it really does
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:51 AM   #9
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON
 
Camaro Lives On's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 1,637
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
Thank you very much its appreciated... the lower grill is a smidge smaller on the concept and the concept seems to be a bit shorter and slightly longer which explains why on the production especially on certain colors it looks a little bulkier

and i really prefer the smaller front fascias over the ss fascias

but gm did a great job making this car happen and i can't wait for the convertible to come out

i'll try when i get mine to see if some shop could slightly modify the front fascia for me
After actually looking at those photos closer, I see what you mean. It's been a LONG time since I've looked at the concept.
__________________
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:36 AM   #10
JGalli
 
JGalli's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 WRX
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 12
Nice to finally a see car go from concept to production and not change too much. Most production cars look nothing like their concept.
__________________
Lurking since the beginning.

Waiting for the 45th Anniversary SS... need to buy a house first.
JGalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #11
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
I had forgotten how different yet how similar the concept loos to the production. I can live with the bulkyness and other minor changes to the car. Once you own it and are driving around in that Corvette like speed, it will make you forget and fall in love all over again. Anyways at first I complained about the roofline being taller than the concept. However it is still pretty low compared to even the Corvette in dimensions and I think the overall design is more user friendly now. The car has to not only look great, but be able to be safe for drivers of all shapes and sizes..That is a tough task.
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Concept or production eltati Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 32 10-11-2009 05:00 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 12:31 AM
4 SEMA CAMAROS finally unveiled by GM! (hi-res images & details) FenwickHockey65 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 237 11-03-2008 10:39 PM
Camaro (concept) Press Release!! Pencil.Fight 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 07-21-2008 03:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.