Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #35
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Again, in its "hay day", circa '07, about 10,000 LS7s were built...Z06 + GMPP crate engines. '11 was predicted, mid-August, to total less than 5,000 for all three versions...

Could Camaro sell 5,000+ mid-$40s LS7'd ZEEs, even in "this" market? I believe it would...as a MINIMUM...which would easily return Wixom to "capacity", and probably take up virtually ALL the slack, there, as the dry LS3 and LS9, like the C6 Vette, ride off into the sunset...

You have obviously been taken in by the mass hysteria for the all-conquering ZL1...at now $54Gs+...along with literally 100s if not 1,000s of others. And, by your own admission, at this price you're having 2nd thoughts. AND you're NOT alone...

You, and most of the other "head-scratchers", are NOW potential ZEE buyers...if, as Drew Carey now sez, "The Price Is Right"...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #36
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Again, in its "hay day", circa '07, about 10,000 LS7s were built...Z06 + GMPP crate engines. '11 was predicted, mid-August, to total less than 5,000 for all three versions...

Could Camaro sell 5,000+ mid-$40s LS7'd ZEEs, even in "this" market? I believe it would...as a MINIMUM...which would easily return Wixom to "capacity", and probably take up virtually ALL the slack, there, as the dry LS3 and LS9, like the C6 Vette, ride off into the sunset...

You have obviously been taken in by the mass hysteria for the all-conquering ZL1...at now $54Gs+...along with literally 100s if not 1,000s of others. And, by your own admission, at this price you're having 2nd thoughts. AND you're NOT alone...

You, and most of the other "head-scratchers", are NOW potential ZEE buyers...if, as Drew Carey now sez, "The Price Is Right"...
Come on down....!!!!!!! Indeed, 5K units at 45K range would be an easy to hit target, if not an impossible to miss production level. I personally see it going at least twice that point if Chevy brings to market the Z-28 you, 2ndChance, I and other propose the car should be. It's baseball, hot dog's, apple pie and Chevrolet!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #37
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I think I've heard that they are setup to build more than 10k engines a year there, and I think they're probably half that right now between the LS3, LS7, and LS9. So them cranking~5000 LS7's for the Z28 is feasible. Thats probably how many LS7's they were doing 5 years ago when the Z06 came out.
If they get slammed, maybe Mercruiser Stillwater could take up the slack

LS7 is a $7,000.00+ premium over the LS3, just for the motor, not counting the added cost for the trans/diff needed for the extra horses. LS7 car would get into ZL1 price territory real quick.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #38
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: 2016 Z06?
Ummm Lowdown I believe your mathematical prowess is required.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #39
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
LS7 is a $7,000.00+ premium over the LS3, just for the motor, not counting the added cost for the trans/diff needed for the extra horses. LS7 car would get into ZL1 price territory real quick.
...if it had all the gold chain amenities absolutely unnecessary for the true-believing ZEE buyer...

If ya want bling, head to another model/forum section. Having said that (and I have many-many times), it does NOT mean that, to justify the broadest sales base NECESSARY, you can't have yer back-up camera and rearview mirror Gold Chain Holder...as an OPTION...

With deference (and NO direct connection) to Gene Simmons, KISS...Keep It Simple (stupid?) Satchmo...

Skip around the ZEE Section, do a wee bit o' readin', and the Business Case is present...and, like the car, BULLET-PROOF...and, most important of all, BUILDABLE...NOW!!!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #40
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Yes it can be had in the mid $40's.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #41
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
...if it had all the gold chain amenities absolutely unnecessary for the true-believing ZEE buyer...

If ya want bling, head to another model/forum section. Having said that (and I have many-many times), it does NOT mean that, to justify the broadest sales base NECESSARY, you can't have yer back-up camera and rearview mirror Gold Chain Holder...as an OPTION...

With deference (and NO direct connection) to Gene Simmons, KISS...Keep It Simple (stupid?) Satchmo...

Skip around the ZEE Section, do a wee bit o' readin', and the Business Case is present...and, like the car, BULLET-PROOF...and, most important of all, BUILDABLE...NOW!!!

<...a kiss is just a kiss..."As time goes by" "Satchmo" Mr. Louis Armstrong.
And the time going by clock keeps on ticking for the Z...
Old 01-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #42
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Quote:

I think in the near future the back-up camera's are going to be required on US vehicles.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #43
OldScoolCamaro

If so thats fine, I am sure they don't add on any significant weight.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #44
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
I personally don't agree with not having the features listed not featured in the Z/28. I'd want the pdim, rear vision package, HUD, rear view auto dim, boston speakers, etc. But that's me. Those things can be apart of a package which is fine but it needs to be considered an option.

I can see the Z/28 being a separate line. Z/28 LS or LT package and a Z/28 SS package. For those who want a V6 they can get one for those that want a V8 with limited features they can do it.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #45
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
I personally don't agree with not having the features listed not featured in the Z/28. I'd want the pdim, rear vision package, HUD, rear view auto dim, boston speakers, etc. But that's me. Those things can be apart of a package which is fine but it needs to be considered an option.

I can see the Z/28 being a separate line. Z/28 LS or LT package and a Z/28 SS package. For those who want a V6 they can get one for those that want a V8 with limited features they can do it.
I have a couple of problems with this, first off a Z/28 should NEVER be a V6 until CAFE makes it the only possibility. Second, let's not intertwine Z/28 and SS again, they should be seperate and distinct vehicles.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #46
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Amen
Old 02-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #47
trganey

Drives: 1979 Z28-Retired, 2012 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
I have a couple of problems with this, first off a Z/28 should NEVER be a V6 until CAFE makes it the only possibility. Second, let's not intertwine Z/28 and SS again, they should be seperate and distinct vehicles.
Clyde
AMEN!
trganey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #48
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I read an interesting comment today...

Would a baby ZL1 and a Z28 be one in the same given the current lineup?

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #49
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

That is a most definate YES!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #50
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Not sure I understand the meaning of that question. The original first gen. Z/28 was not a baby anything, it was it's own unique vehicle. It certainly wasn't a baby SS or a baby COPO or baby ZL1. I certainly think a new Z/28 should be a baby ZL1 in terms of price, it should fall firmly in $45K+ territory rather than the $55K+ territory of the new ZL1. I think a new Z/28 should be an excellent performer that pricewise fills the niche between the SS and ZL1, performance wise it should be closer to the ZL1.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #51
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Baby ZL1? Is that a Camaro with a 5.3L V8 force fed by a 1.5L supercharger, using a 2 coil MR suspension?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announced soon