Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #1
Renstuka

Drives: 2014 White LS Coupe, Manual trans
Question Moderate Exhaust System advice.

Hi -

I'm looking for a moderate exhaust system that I can enhance my 2015 SS with. Nothing real expensive, just to give the engine a little more noise and boost. Thanks for your input. Ren
Renstuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
1. High flow cats
2. X pipe with resonator delete
3. Muffler delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renstuka View Post
Hi -

I'm looking for a moderate exhaust system that I can enhance my 2015 SS with. Nothing real expensive, just to give the engine a little more noise and boost. Thanks for your input. Ren

Mods = I WISH
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:43 AM   #3
pir4te
Moonshiner

Drives: Holden SS-V L77 flex fuel
HSV headers
2" mandrel secondary
HFCs
X-pipe at correct location
Old 11-27-2016, 04:38 AM   #4
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2011 SS
Running Magnaflow resonated x-pipe through stock LS3 exhaust and muffler delete. I'm pretty happy with it.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:51 AM   #5
STALKER

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS Spring Edition
If you're not an NPP car already, perhaps an NPP system? They are for sale all of the time for around $400. Can't beat the sound it puts out for that price. Just a thought.
LSX Bowtie Block, PRC 285 Heads w/ Ti Intake Valves, Diamond Pistons, Callies Compstar Crank & H-Beam Rods, Custom Grind Comp Cam, LS7 Lifters & Pushrods, Trunion Modified LS7 Rockers, Ported LS7 Intake & TB, Z28 CAI, FAST 65# Injectors, Kooks 1-7/8" Headers, Kooks 3" X-Pipe & Cat-Back, Barton Shifter, ZR1 Clutch w/ Katech Lightweight Flywheel, BMR 1.4" Springs, BMR Tunnel Brace, Z28/1LE Strut Tower Brace, 20" Z28 Wheels with Nitto Rubber.
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:21 PM   #6
Renstuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
If you're not an NPP car already, perhaps an NPP system? They are for sale all of the time for around $400. Can't beat the sound it puts out for that price. Just a thought.
Hi Stalker - What is NPP? Ren
Old 11-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #7
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
You're getting alot of different suggestions already...Maybe more info would help narrow it down. What is your price range? Do you just want loud or deep growl? How much hp are you looking to add? Is a tune out of the question?
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:26 PM   #8
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
1. High flow cats
2. X pipe with resonator delete
3. Muffler delete
This is good.

Btw ur in the V8 section. You have the base model.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #9
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaSS View Post
You're getting alot of different suggestions already...Maybe more info would help narrow it down. What is your price range? Do you just want loud or deep growl? How much hp are you looking to add? Is a tune out of the question?
Good questions to consider, OP. The exhaust combinations for these cars are nearly infinite and produce all kinds of different results (sound, power gains, cost, etc.). The stock exhaust does not do these cars justice, but there are many ways to address the issue. I would suggest listening to videos, which will help some, or hook up with some local Camaro folks and actually witness their cars' exhaust system.

Since everyone else will offer you the ideal exhaust that THEY chose, I will also offer mine:

First, I trashed the stock mufflers and replaced with Solo Axle-backs w/ J-pipes. I also installed a Cold Air Intake system which provides quicker throttle response and some added under-hood sound. Much improved sound all around and no annoying in-cabin drone.

Next, after about a year of that, I wanted a bit more sound and a performance improvement. I went with long-tube headers and high-flow cats, and a custom tune. My car sounds and runs awesome now and I wouldn't change a thing. Still no drone, big performance boost, and a nice low rumble until I punch it (which really lets people know you've got a little extra underneath the pretty exterior).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #10
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
CRAP! I didn't notice that. Just get a CAI and a good axel-back system.

OR... trade up to a V8.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:25 PM   #11
Renstuka

Thanks for all the info. I upgraded my 2014 LS for a 2015 SS. I now have a V8.

l know I am in the V8 section and am looking for a little more hp and a respectable growl. Thanks. Ren
Old 11-27-2016, 05:33 PM   #12
Renstuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
This is good.

Hi - I have a 2015 SS now and am in the right section. I am here asking for advice. Thanks. Ren
Old 11-27-2016, 06:33 PM   #13
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Honestly, just go with a axelback system and call it a day, no need to spend money on HFC's and an X pipe.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 journal bearing turbos, Forged rotating assembly, stock crank, CP Pistons, Callies Rods, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:00 PM   #14
fly2hip8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Honestly, just go with a axelback system and call it a day, no need to spend money on HFC's and an X pipe.
All the sound and power restriction lie in the cats. So you would need to replace with high flow cats of cat delete. Axle back wont do anything except waste money
fly2hip8 is offline   Reply With Quote