Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
Jyruiz

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Vert.
Should I Replace The Sparks Plugs Since I Am Installing Headers?

My Camaro is a 2011 SS and has 49k miles on it, and since I am doing the headers, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to replace my plugs. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jyruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
SSEssence

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS SIM
Wouldn't hurt, might as well do it while they're out for LT header install
K&N Blackhawk CAI / JBA Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers / JBA High Flow Cats with BDG O2 90° Sims / Muffler Delete / Resonator Delete with Tru Flow X Pipe / Taylor 409 Coil Wires / Vitesse Extended Paddles / KMC KM775 (285/305) / BMR 1.25" Springs / BMR Strut Brace / Z28 Spoiler / ZL1Addons Stealth Wicker Bill/Rockguards
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
Wouldn't hurt, might as well do it while they're out for LT header install

Yep, might as well. I replaced mine when I installed my headers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS L99
I would at least have some spares. If it is anywhere near the time to replace, why not? They are inexpensive.

I was prepared and had replacements ready when I put my headers on. Mainly because I read a lot of stories in here about people cracking a plug while installing the headers and not even noticing it until their car ran like poo after the install was complete. I changed my wires too.

Last thing you want is to deal with more work after you have put away the tools and busted your ass installing the headers!
2010 Cyber Gray Metallic Camaro 2SS/RS L99 - Texas Speed Longtubes (Catless), Summit X-Pipe, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle Back (w/MBRP GFX Tips), Vararam OTR, Granatelli wires/AC Delco 41-110 Plugs, LED DRL/Harness, Vitesse Throttle Controller, STOP TECH Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors and Street Pads - Tuned by DynoSteve
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:02 PM   #5
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I would at least have some spares. If it is anywhere near the time to replace, why not? They are inexpensive.

I was prepared and had replacements ready when I put my headers on. Mainly because I read a lot of stories in here about people cracking a plug while installing the headers and not even noticing it until their car ran like poo after the install was complete. I changed my wires too.

Last thing you want is to deal with more work after you have put away the tools and busted your ass installing the headers!
Good point with wires.. I had a clip break when I removed one of the wires.. eventually had to replace.. cheap enough just like the plugs. Went stock although many options with heat socks etc. I don't DD so will last long time for me anyway.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Tuned by RDP MotorSports aka DynoSteve
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #6
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I didn't change mine out or the wires, but I was very careful because I also read where people were cracking them. However, I think it's as good as time as any and some of the Taylor wires look pretty good for an engine bay cleaned up look. Good luck with the installation!
493HP/431TQ | Night Fury camshaft • Cold Air Inductions intake • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 Longtubes • Stainless Works retro catback • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Instagram | YouTube | Build Thread
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #7
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Don't need to, but as others have said, why not? Especially when you should prior to the install anyway. Doesn't take much of a bump to crack an insulator, and then you end up with a misfire.....no bueno
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

Roto-Fad CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, BC Racing ER Series CO's, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, VTC, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, DynoSteve tune.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:34 AM   #8
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
At 49k yes, you are there and its cheap. Clip em good then youre good to go!
Old 04-04-2017, 05:17 AM   #9
0331Marine

Drives: 2012 SS/RS MN6
I changed wires not plugs. Ill change the plugs when I do the heads and cam.
0331Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #10
Jyruiz

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Vert.
Thanks guys, I ordered the plugs and the stock gaskets for the headers, heard those are the best to use.
Jyruiz is offline   Reply With Quote