Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #2526
Ace1USMC

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Hey Sam! here you go http://www.krcpower.com/ecommerce/co...pters-pair.asp

and remember to post pics, LOL BTW, what lines and fittings were you thinking of using?
Awesome! Thanks so much. I am still in the buying phase of everything, so no interesting pics yet. My car is still together. I am using black/red fittings in Jegs, with the old-school classic braided steel lines for everything - fuel, coolant, pws, etc. Still designing an auxiliary fuel pump and system, etc. Also trying to figure out all the wiring it will take to relocate the coils as well as the throttle body.

I can share some pics of what I've done so far - but it's NOTHING like the magic you've done on your car. Your car is as much a piece of artwork as ANYTHING I've ever seen in an art museum. (don't understand art - but I understand the heck outta what you are doing!) All I've done so far is beef things up underneath in preparation for what's to come under the hood, and some tunes. These pics will be snooze-fest compared to yours.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=975d834163

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=99c11195da

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=b43abe160e

Did you just run the one pair at the front of the heads or did you also plumb the rear up to the front as well?

BLESSINGS!
Sam
Old 01-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #2527
Synner

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Cheaper link below and it comes with the bolt despite not being shown in the pics. One of these days mine will go on with hard line plumbing, they're sitting in one of my boxes. Most would argue rears are not necessary but when driven hard on a road course it can increase the risk of steam pockets that can overheat a cylinder. 99% of people don't need the rears but if you're going to do it or build lots of power why not do it all the way.

http://s41657.storefront-solutions.c...l.aspx?ID=3289
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:17 PM   #2528
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The fittings are available from Kurt Urban Performance.

10 2SSRS A6, Custom Cam Spec/Tune by Pat G. WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valve train, Fluidampr 25% under drive pulley, All ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator and Transmission cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, Nitrous Express 150 shot, ADM Intake with race scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD custom auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors and pads
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #2529
Ace1USMC

Thanks so much to all of you guys!

That last pic LSX posted looks so nice. I had been thinking about doing something like this that I saw in Hot Rod Magazine once....but I think I'd rather do something more like Nathan's setup.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #2530
Nathan Moreno

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
Awesome! Thanks so much. I am still in the buying phase of everything, so no interesting pics yet. My car is still together. I am using black/red fittings in Jegs, with the old-school classic braided steel lines for everything - fuel, coolant, pws, etc. Still designing an auxiliary fuel pump and system, etc. Also trying to figure out all the wiring it will take to relocate the coils as well as the throttle body.

Sam if you can please post pics of how you cut your lines, I'm sure theres a lot of guys that can benefit from it.

For the TB, I have a harness extension that allows you to run it though the water pump cavity and hide it better. Let me know if you want it and I will send out to you.

On the coils, you can call Brandon at Casper Electronics and get an extension or just splice the wires. I saw your pics on the great job you did with some of your wiring so that wouldn't be a problem for you.

I can share some pics of what I've done so far - but it's NOTHING like the magic you've done on your car. Your car is as much a piece of artwork as ANYTHING I've ever seen in an art museum. (don't understand art - but I understand the heck outta what you are doing!) All I've done so far is beef things up underneath in preparation for what's to come under the hood, and some tunes. These pics will be snooze-fest compared to yours.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=975d834163

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=99c11195da

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=b43abe160e

Awesome pics! Love the switches. Keep up the great work

Did you just run the one pair at the front of the heads or did you also plumb the rear up to the front as well?

I just did the front but thanks too Synner , now I have some else to contemplate.

BLESSINGS!
Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Cheaper link below and it comes with the bolt despite not being shown in the pics. One of these days mine will go on with hard line plumbing, they're sitting in one of my boxes. Most would argue rears are not necessary but when driven hard on a road course it can increase the risk of steam pockets that can overheat a cylinder. 99% of people don't need the rears but if you're going to do it or build lots of power why not do it all the way.

http://s41657.storefront-solutions.c...l.aspx?ID=3289
Great ....... more work Be easier if our intake had space betwen the valley plate. Perhaps when the Vararam comes in I will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX Camaro View Post
The fittings are available from Kurt Urban Performance.

Hey Chris thanks for the tip. Worked like a charm

Quick update:

Been working on the brakes lines. This has been another learning experience.There's so much to learn when you've never done something like this before!

Here is my first attempt at bending stainless steel brake lines. just kinda playing around right now.

Name:  006 (2).jpg
Views: 937
Size:  154.1 KB

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  153.7 KB

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  148.3 KB

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  128.4 KB

Ran out of time, I will add text to the pics tomorrow.
Nathan Moreno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #2531
Ace1USMC

Nathan,

I promise I will take lots of pics and post them when I start getting my hands dirty again.

You know, as impressive as your work, and attention to detail is, it's nothing compared to the generosity of spirit you display. I've been following this build thread for well over a year now, I think. In that time, I've always been impressed - actually blown away - by how you share your time, insight, experience, knowledge, resources - all freely and cheerfully. You have helped so many people with ideas, projects on their own cars, finding parts, offering advice and help. You've blessed a LOT of people.

That, to me, is WAY more impressive than what you've done with your hands. I commend you, and thank you.

BLESSINGS!
Sam
Old 01-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #2532
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Nathan,

I promise I will take lots of pics and post them when I start getting my hands dirty again.

You know, as impressive as your work, and attention to detail is, it's nothing compared to the generosity of spirit you display. I've been following this build thread for well over a year now, I think. In that time, I've always been impressed - actually blown away - by how you share your time, insight, experience, knowledge, resources - all freely and cheerfully. You have helped so many people with ideas, projects on their own cars, finding parts, offering advice and help. You've blessed a LOT of people.

That, to me, is WAY more impressive than what you've done with your hands. I commend you, and thank you.

BLESSINGS!
Sam
Hey Sam I really appreciate your kind words. We are really gratifull for all the help we gotten from a bunch of the guys here. We try to reciprocate whenever we can. Thanks again

BTW, I was thinking about your idea of running traditional braided stainless steel lines. What were you planning to use for the end that connects to the plastic barb at the radiator?

This might be an option for you if you hadn't though of it already. It will cover the wires as they tend to flare out at the ends.

Name:  150-00-R.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  32.9 KB
Old 01-17-2014, 07:33 AM   #2533
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Hey Sam I really appreciate your kind words. We are really gratifull for all the help we gotten from a bunch of the guys here. We try to reciprocate whenever we can. Thanks again

BTW, I was thinking about your idea of running traditional braided stainless steel lines. What were you planning to use for the end that connects to the plastic barb at the radiator?

This might be an option for you if you hadn't though of it already. It will cover the wires as they tend to flare out at the ends.

Attachment 591284
Thats such a clean way to use that kind of hose clamp!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #2534
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Thats such a clean way to use that kind of hose clamp!
+1
Old 01-17-2014, 07:56 AM   #2535
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
very well said!

Thank you Nathan. This is one of my favorite threads to read.

Quote:
Nathan,

BLESSINGS!
Sam
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #2536
chriscamaro69z28
army life

Drives: 2010 ABM camaro
here some pics of the progress

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Name:  20140120_163346.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  135.2 KB[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Here is my progress so far just got done relocating the evap to the abs mount under it cleaned up nice used the Katech line also the ecm and fusebox went inside the cabin air filter, rerouted some lines to the back of engine just got rid of the washer reservoir since the hood I just got from eric we didn't want the washer nozzles on it who needs it anyways lol. nothing like nathans but I really appreciate the stuff you did to give me ideas everyone on this threads a big thanks to all of you guys and the great ideas you come up with keep them coming
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2014, 10:14 PM   #2537
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
Thank you Nathan. This is one of my favorite threads to read.
From all the guys who have contributed I say thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscamaro69z28 View Post
Here is my progress so far just got done relocating the evap to the abs mount under it cleaned up nice used the Katech line also the ecm and fusebox went inside the cabin air filter, rerouted some lines to the back of engine just got rid of the washer reservoir since the hood I just got from eric we didn't want the washer nozzles on it who needs it anyways lol. nothing like nathans but I really appreciate the stuff you did to give me ideas everyone on this threads a big thanks to all of you guys and the great ideas you come up with keep them coming
Hey Chris thanks for posting and keep up the great job . Great to see a lot more guys digging into the harness and cleaning that stuff up.

Speaking of harness, Justin and I put the engine and trans back in this weekend so that we can start on the harness. This has got to be the easiest engine to install. Thanks again to the Max Jax for making it a breeze!

Name:  026.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  168.5 KB

Name:  032.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  181.5 KB
Old 01-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #2538
Justin Moreno

and yes.... we are aware the coilover is on the wrong side.... LOL

BTW, I saw this pic today from april of 2012 (wow), and just had to take another pic at a similar angle.

Last edited by Justin Moreno; 01-20-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Justin Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #2539
was619
Billy The Kid

Drives: Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
Project Cleaning the Clutter in Our Engine Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
and yes.... we are aware the coilover is on the wrong side.... LOL

BTW, I saw this pic today from april of 2012 (wow), and just had to take another pic at a similar angle.

Nice lift!
Where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking..?

It's awesome to see the step by step process of your car from stock to now and all the little details you have done to it.
How many miles do you have on it?

Thanks!
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels

Last edited by was619; 01-21-2014 at 08:20 PM.
was619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:28 PM   #2540
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by was619 View Post
Nice lift!
Where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking..?

It's awesome to see the step by step process of your car from stock to now and all the little details you have done to it.
How many miles do you have on it?

Thanks!

Billy thanks for the props! We got the lift from Danmar. If your interested, call and ask for Trevor.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #2541
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXM62SS View Post
Nate...whats the part number for the valley cover bolts? I didn't see it listed on the first page. The attention to detail is unreal! Keep it up!
Hey Bro for the delay response! It slipped my mind.

Below is a partial list of the bolts I've ordered with part numbers. Haven't made time to update the OP. If you need other bolts not on this list, let me know as I have other list. We pretty much have replace every single bolt.

Name:  Bolts.png
Views: 654
Size:  38.9 KB
Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #2542
TXM62SS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Awesome Nate! Thanks for the help!
Borla Touring Cat Back
Roto-Fab CAI
Texas Speed UD Pulley
3.91 1LE GM Gears
Tuned by Pat G

TXM62SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #2543
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXM62SS View Post
Awesome Nate! Thanks for the help!
You got it! Let me know if you need anything else.

FYI: the G5.R thread is now in the sponsor journal section. Just did a quickie update. Here's the link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...285800&page=10
Old 01-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #2544
Nathan Moreno

Working on the harness. Should be done by the end of this week.This will definitely be a major milestone!

This is what we started with. There's a total 4 different harness we will have to do. We started with the engine bay first.

Name:  IMG_4790.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  240.3 KB

Each connectors getting repined.

Name:  IMG_4799.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  99.3 KB

We are twisting every pig tail

Name:  IMG_4801.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  104.7 KB

The entire harness will be shrink wrapped and each connector labeled.

Name:  IMG_4795.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  167.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4803.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  139.1 KB
Old 01-29-2014, 03:41 AM   #2545
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I can't believe the lengths you guys are going to here...if this thing runs after you put it all together, don't drive it; auction it!!! Put it in a museum or something. Enter it into auto shows; you'll win everything everywhere lol. THEN put it in a museum or auction it. You should get a million dollars for this thing.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:55 AM   #2546
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Hi Nathan,
Still read daily...just don't have much to add. I know how time consuming the wiring harnesses are, and how you must pay attention and stay alert every step of the way. One little mistake here can cause big problems and take a lot of work to repair. I just can't wait to see this thing "finished". I may have to make a trip up to Kyle's place just to catch an early glimpse. Keep up the progress! I finally feel that I am witnessing the end of the project, because there "ain't no clutter left in the trunk. "
Old 01-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #2547
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Hi Nathan,
Still read daily...just don't have much to add. I know how time consuming the wiring harnesses are, and how you must pay attention and stay alert every step of the way. One little mistake here can cause big problems and take a lot of work to repair. I just can't wait to see this thing "finished". I may have to make a trip up to Kyle's place just to catch an early glimpse. Keep up the progress! I finally feel that I am witnessing the end of the project, because there "ain't no clutter left in the trunk. "
Come on up man! I will try to get the local Camaro club involved. We haven't technically had a grand opening/open house yet, so if there aren't any other events going on I will try to set something up at the shop, make it a "business trip."

Very excited seeing this project really come together!
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:34 PM   #2548
Nathan Moreno

Attachment 595384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I can't believe the lengths you guys are going to here...if this thing runs after you put it all together, don't drive it; auction it!!! Put it in a museum or something. Enter it into auto shows; you'll win everything everywhere lol. THEN put it in a museum or auction it. You should get a million dollars for this thing.
Hey Doc, we really appreciate all your words of encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Hi Nathan,
Still read daily...just don't have much to add.

Hey Joe! You always have something to contribute and it's always great hearing from you. Hows the Night Owl project coming along?

I know how time consuming the wiring harnesses are, and how you must pay attention and stay alert every step of the way. One little mistake here can cause big problems and take a lot of work to repair.

No kidding!!! I'm sure you still remember my little episode that almost turned G5.R into G5.FIRE, LOL. We are mapping everything on paper and keeping really good notes and using the same color wires for all the connectors.

Name:  015.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  127.1 KB

Name:  016.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  165.8 KB

I just can't wait to see this thing "finished". I may have to make a trip up to Kyle's place just to catch an early glimpse. Keep up the progress! I finally feel that I am witnessing the end of the project, because there "ain't no clutter left in the trunk. "

LOL, who would have thought.......
Now how do these wires go again

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  200.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Come on up man! I will try to get the local Camaro club involved. We haven't technically had a grand opening/open house yet, so if there aren't any other events going on I will try to set something up at the shop, make it a "business trip."

That would definitely be a lot of fun. Keeps us in the loop Kyle!

Very excited seeing this project really come together!

We are finished with the engine harness and all you can see is a small piece of the MAP, MAF, TB, injector, Water temp, and ATL wires. Next in line is the accessory harness. We are going to run it through the wheel well so nothing shows.

Last edited by Nathan Moreno; 01-29-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:27 AM   #2549
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Wow. Just seeing that makes may head hurt. I would not want any part of that.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #2550
BasedSS

Drives: 2014 SS
Awesome!!!
BasedSS is offline   Reply With Quote