Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #1718
LC
ou mai gad
 
LC's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 2SS x2
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MX
Posts: 643
Nathan, how much does that shielding weight?
__________________
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #1719
NC-V
 
NC-V's Avatar
 
Drives: cts-v
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 508
And what brakes might you be getting? (I don't like waiting)
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #1720
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
~ G5Carbon.com ~

 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
You're kicking ass and taking names man. I love this build.
Thanks Tommy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
Nathan, how much does that shielding weight?
Not sure on the weight but it's next to nothing. There was about four different companies that had their own version at PRI. I'm looking into which would work best. The other neat thing is I will be able to get rid of the stubs and nuts sticking out in the engine bay and floor board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
And what brakes might you be getting? (I don't like waiting)

Ahhhhhhh...... patient grasshopper, LOL! I will send you a PM.


************************************************** ***

Quick Update: Worked on the engine bay today. I actually had two friends that work at a Hot Rod shop come over and give me a hand. Talk about a forward push!!!! Hoping to have everything done next week.

We are getting rid of all the spot welds. Started by sanding off the factory over spray.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  140.7 KB

Next came a thin skim coat.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  122.8 KB

Still needs some work but it's coming along.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  95.5 KB

If you remember from way back, I had opened up the radiator area so I could tuck it under the core support. We were just finishing dolling the area to give it a light skim coat. From a visual perspective, this is something that only I will ever know was addressed. No one else will be able to see it.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  122.4 KB

Here it is after skimming the outside.


Name:  5.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  89.5 KB

We also did the inside.


Name:  5a.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  79.9 KB

Being that I'm not using a factory style intake, there's no need for the stud on the driver's side shock tower where it mounts to. To remove the hump, we first have to get rid of the washer that's welded under it. It was a bit of a PITA but with a little persuasion, it gave in.

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  95.4 KB

After we got rid of the washer, we slice, hammer, and dolly it into shape. We finished it off by welding and giving it a skim coat.

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  114.7 KB

No more hump. It now matches the passenger side. Will need to remove the master and steering column this week to get the rest done.

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  132.9 KB

I didn't take a before picture but under the skim coat was a line of spot welds.


Name:  9.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  95.1 KB
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32176&dateline=1430409495 border=0 alt= />

Last edited by www.MorenoMotorsports.com; 01-07-2013 at 07:45 PM.
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #1721
1FAST SS
 
1FAST SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 607
Looking good. Can't wait for more posts.
__________________
2011 Camaro SS Synergy Green

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Doug Thorley Shorty Headers, JBA Hi Flow Cats, Borla S-Type Catback, o2 Sensor Extensions, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #1722
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,965
Nate, could you PM me what you're thinking about brakes please?
__________________

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #1723
EZ SPEED
ZZOSIXX
 
EZ SPEED's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Anniston, Alabama
Posts: 713
Looking Great Nathan!!!
__________________
EZ SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #1724
My 5th

 
My 5th's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Global Citizen
Posts: 1,033
Nathan, should we start a pool to guess how many holes you filled that you shouldn't have? IOW when you start putting things back together are you going to find "...OOPS! should have left that bolt/hole there for this thingamajig to mount to..."
__________________
Meh
My 5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #1725
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy
 
Rockin the BlueSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,148
Nathan, are you going to give the motor its own photo shoot? Will all the effort you put into it you really should get it in front of a nice backdrop with good lighting and take some professional quality pictures before you put it back in the car. That way you can highlight some the crazy things you did before it gets covered by the engine bay...
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #1726
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
Nathan, are you going to give the motor its own photo shoot? Will all the effort you put into it you really should get it in front of a nice backdrop with good lighting and take some professional quality pictures before you put it back in the car. That way you can highlight some the crazy things you did before it gets covered by the engine bay...
The sides of the engine bay just need to be mirrors so you dont miss anything
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #1727
2010 Indy Pace Car
NCCOA Ch 1
 
2010 Indy Pace Car's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Z4Z # 44
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 298
My answer without a ton of hassle....



Will be adding carbon fiber skirts to the sides to tie the front CF piece together.
__________________
. ADM CAI,-ARH, JARHEADBOB and MAX, LINGEFELTER TB,
SS CEK,
JANNETTY RACING, RPM Motorsports
2010 Indy Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #1728
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace Car View Post
My answer without a ton of hassle....



Will be adding carbon fiber skirts to the sides to tie the front CF piece together.
The CF looks great, and with the side skirts will look very cool. Mind telling us where you got them?
__________________

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #1729
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
~ G5Carbon.com ~

 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Nate, could you PM me what you're thinking about brakes please?

I will


Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Looking Great Nathan!!!
Thanks EZ, by the way, I got the package you sent me today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
Nathan, should we start a pool to guess how many holes you filled that you shouldn't have? IOW when you start putting things back together are you going to find "...OOPS! should have left that bolt/hole there for this thingamajig to mount to..."
LOL, thats just it., nothing is going back the way GM meant it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
Nathan, are you going to give the motor its own photo shoot? Will all the effort you put into it you really should get it in front of a nice backdrop with good lighting and take some professional quality pictures before you put it back in the car. That way you can highlight some the crazy things you did before it gets covered by the engine bay...
Rockin, thats a good idea. I think I'm going to do that when I get the sub-frame and suspension components assemble with the engine and trans mounted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
The sides of the engine bay just need to be mirrors so you don't miss anything
Hmmmmmmm, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace Car View Post
My answer without a ton of hassle....



Will be adding carbon fiber skirts to the sides to tie the front CF piece together.

Great work, keep it up! By the way, your are the 2nd INDY on the team now.

************************************************** ******************************

Quick update:
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32176&dateline=1430409495 border=0 alt= />
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #1730
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
~ G5Carbon.com ~

 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Nate, could you PM me what you're thinking about brakes please?

I will


Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Looking Great Nathan!!!
Thanks EZ, by the way, I got the package you sent me today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
Nathan, should we start a pool to guess how many holes you filled that you shouldn't have? IOW when you start putting things back together are you going to find "...OOPS! should have left that bolt/hole there for this thingamajig to mount to..."
LOL, thats just it., nothing is going back the way GM meant it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
Nathan, are you going to give the motor its own photo shoot? Will all the effort you put into it you really should get it in front of a nice backdrop with good lighting and take some professional quality pictures before you put it back in the car. That way you can highlight some the crazy things you did before it gets covered by the engine bay...
Rockin, thats a good idea. I think I'm going to do that when I get the sub-frame and suspension components assemble with the engine and trans mounted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
The sides of the engine bay just need to be mirrors so you don't miss anything
Hmmmmmmm, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace Car View Post
My answer without a ton of hassle....



Will be adding carbon fiber skirts to the sides to tie the front CF piece together.

Great work, keep it up! By the way, your are the 2nd INDY on the team now.

************************************************** ******************************

Quick update:

Attachment 461101
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32176&dateline=1430409495 border=0 alt= />
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #1731
kevin1106


 
kevin1106's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: La plata MD
Posts: 2,298
So when do you think your car will be all finished?
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #1732
LC
ou mai gad
 
LC's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 2SS x2
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MX
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
So when do you think your car will be all finished?


Threads like this never end. They go and go and go...
__________________
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #1733
2010 Indy Pace Car
NCCOA Ch 1
 
2010 Indy Pace Car's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - Z4Z # 44
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 298
Thanks all. I've been here since Feb 2011. Anyway, Most of the engine bay was fabricated by Pete, who sponsors our club and is the owner of Showstopper
Accessories, and ran about $1000. The engine cover is custom painted to match the car with the correct paint codes for both base and stripe as is the TB.

It is the only Pace out there like this and definitely one of a kind. Kind of hard to replicate the signatures!

__________________
. ADM CAI,-ARH, JARHEADBOB and MAX, LINGEFELTER TB,
SS CEK,
JANNETTY RACING, RPM Motorsports
2010 Indy Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:42 AM   #1734
www.MorenoMotorsports.com
~ G5Carbon.com ~

 
www.MorenoMotorsports.com's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
So when do you think your car will be all finished?

Kevin I'm trying to get her running by Feb to compete at RTTC but it's going to depend on how fast I'm able to get all the parts.

I should have the sub-frame next week, wheels are coming, etc, etc, etc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post


Threads like this never end. They go and go and go...
LC you crack me up. I'm glad you hang around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace Car View Post
Thanks all. I've been here since Feb 2011. Anyway, Most of the engine bay was fabricated by Pete, who sponsors our club and is the owner of Showstopper
Accessories, and ran about $1000. The engine cover is custom painted to match the car with the correct paint codes for both base and stripe as is the TB.

It is the only Pace out there like this and definitely one of a kind. Kind of hard to replicate the signatures!

Indy, your car is definitely one of a kind! What I meant is there's another member that also goes by the handle "Indy"

********************************************

Quick Update: Pick up that parts for the power steering rack. Time to start detailing.

Not everyday that you get to see the guts of your power steering rack!


Name:  065.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  178.2 KB

The piece inside the circle will get polished and anodized in orange.

Name:  066.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  175.0 KB


The nut inside the rack creating kinda of problem.

Name:  067.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  132.0 KB

Had to make a new special tool to remove it. Most racks only require a four tooth socket to remove the nut. Ours requires a five tooth socket. So we had to machine one.

Name:  070.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  152.8 KB


Name:  072.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  161.2 KB
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32176&dateline=1430409495 border=0 alt= />
www.MorenoMotorsports.com is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roto-Fab | Engine Covers - S/C | Fuse Relay Cover | Radiator Cover | Billet Oil Cap+ AutoAgenda Exterior Parts & Accessories 14 02-06-2013 09:43 PM
New Texas Speed & Performance Engine Machining Center! Trevor @ Texas Speed Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 18 01-16-2013 04:46 PM
Hawk Performance Brake Pads part HB247Z.575 $85.00 Rogan USA - Florida 2 10-07-2011 01:10 PM
Acronyms? KEEP RT Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 20 03-11-2011 09:57 PM
Great Read and Info on Oil Weight Banshee Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing 1 11-23-2009 10:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.