Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

USA - New England MA, CT, ME, NH, RI, VT

Old 02-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Car Cover Washing

had a little accident in the garage during the last snow storm. Was working on the snow blower in the garage and when we started it, the oil fill plug shot out and oil was pumping out of the blower. It went all over the front of the ZL1 with the car cover on it, on the wall, the window, the floor etc.

What a mess! Got it all cleaned up and took the cover off the car after spraying it with Purple stuff to eat up some of the oil.

Anyone know of a place local to Manchester, Hudson, Litchfield, NH area that I can bring it to be cleaned so I can put it back on the car?
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #2
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
had a little accident in the garage during the last snow storm. Was working on the snow blower in the garage and when we started it, the oil fill plug shot out and oil was pumping out of the blower. It went all over the front of the ZL1 with the car cover on it, on the wall, the window, the floor etc.

What a mess! Got it all cleaned up and took the cover off the car after spraying it with Purple stuff to eat up some of the oil.

Anyone know of a place local to Manchester, Hudson, Litchfield, NH area that I can bring it to be cleaned so I can put it back on the car?
Did you get the cover cleaned? If it cannot be done I bought a brand new Covercraft cover (outdoor model, not sure which one right now, can check) so if you are in a pinch I can loan/give you that one as I will not need it. I ended up getting the garage spot here at the house (LONG story).
Old 02-20-2015, 08:30 AM   #3
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Thanks for the offer. I am ok with no cover in the garage for now. It just keeps the dust off. I have not had it cleaned yet. Some ideas I have are to go to a self serv car wash and use the pressure washer. Another is to try a place that does horse blankets. I am checking local tack shops. Worst case, i'll wait until some reasonable weather and just wash it by hand.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #4
FAIRNOT LZ1
It's in black & white

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Summit White #1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Thanks for the offer. I am ok with no cover in the garage for now. It just keeps the dust off. I have not had it cleaned yet. Some ideas I have are to go to a self serv car wash and use the pressure washer. Another is to try a place that does horse blankets. I am checking local tack shops. Worst case, i'll wait until some reasonable weather and just wash it by hand.
Dry cleaners!
only thing is ... $$$$$

FAIRNOT LZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #5
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Local dry cleaners said they wouldn't do it! Tack shop said they would. I don't mind paying, just want it clean so I can put it back on the car.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:43 AM   #6
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
Dan, Try the local Fire House.
They have industrial washers inside to wash all the equipment after fires and nasty houses full of bed bugs and such….
2SS/RS IBM * American Racing BLVD Wheels * 275/40 * 295/40 Toyo Proxes * Eibach 1" drop Springs * Muffler Delete * Elite Catch Can * CAI w/ scoop * CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift * APR Carbon Fiber Splitter * Sequential Tail Lights * MPD1 Spoiler * Hex Vents (CF dipped)
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:32 AM   #7
chetkan
Haters gonna hate!!!

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Synergy Green
I have a gear washer at my firehouse. Let me know if you want me to throw it in there.
chetkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:55 PM   #8
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Wow, thanks guys! Very nice of you to offer. It is on it's way to the tack shop to get cleaned. I really appreciate the offers and suggestions!