Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #15
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
good story... Welcome to the SS club now

Just wait until the fuse pull and maybe a couple of mods.....
Thank you!

I can't wait to do the fuse pull...I think it will wake up the beast!
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halo Kit V2, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Cam Motion Cam, CAI Intake, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
xxx RWHP/xxx RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #16
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,104
It's been raining here so much! I've only put 10 miles on the car since monday. :(

Waiting for the sun to come back out so I can take some pictures, run the fuel of it, and do the fuse pull!

Also planning to go on a dyno the week after Christmas. Can't wait for that!
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halo Kit V2, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Cam Motion Cam, CAI Intake, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
xxx RWHP/xxx RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
Call Ron and he can do they Dyno ..no problem.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #18
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
357 rwhp. There saved you some money.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #19
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
No it's 368
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #20
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
or it could be..................386.......or ...........................................796 just like Norm's.......I am sure if you ask he will post his dyno sheet
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #21
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
That dyno was super secret stealth mode. We were squirtin' lighter fluid in the intake, 'member?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #22
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell ALL our secrets.............he bought a new car cause he wanted moahhhh and all he needed was lighter fluid
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #23
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Call Ron and he can do they Dyno ..no problem.
Yeah I will do that. Also going to call MTI...

Is there any advantages of having a Air/Fuel ratio done?? Or is it a waste of time/money if I just want my numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
357 rwhp. There saved you some money.
I'm hoping that it will be around 360-370 but I'm probably shooting a little high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
or it could be..................386.......or ...........................................796 just like Norm's.......I am sure if you ask he will post his dyno sheet
Can I see the sheet Norm????

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That dyno was super secret stealth mode. We were squirtin' lighter fluid in the intake, 'member?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell ALL our secrets.............he bought a new car cause he wanted moahhhh and all he needed was lighter fluid
Geesh....spent all that money on a new car.......why couldn't you guys have told me of this lighter fluid trick before?!?!?!?!
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halo Kit V2, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Cam Motion Cam, CAI Intake, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
xxx RWHP/xxx RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #24
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
sorry, it was 761. And it is a real sheet.



....just not mine

Oh and as far as stock tune, why would you worry about the A/F ratio UNLESS, you were having it dyno tuned right then? I may be wrong, but I wouldn't worry about it until you start modding the car.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #25
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
sorry, it was 761. And it is a real sheet.



....just not mine

Oh and as far as stock tune, why would you worry about the A/F ratio UNLESS, you were having it dyno tuned right then? I may be wrong, but I wouldn't worry about it until you start modding the car.


Will you overnight me some of that fluid please!

Yeah then I guess I don't need A/F it will save me some money then.
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halo Kit V2, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Cam Motion Cam, CAI Intake, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
xxx RWHP/xxx RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #26
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
It's been raining here so much! I've only put 10 miles on the car since monday. :(

Waiting for the sun to come back out so I can take some pictures, run the fuel of it, and do the fuse pull!

Also planning to go on a dyno the week after Christmas. Can't wait for that!
Rain=Lame
Fuse Pull=Good
Dyno=Awesome



My 45th has nastiness on the sides from driving in the rain.
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #27
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
Take it from my personal experience Vengeance will do you right.......Your car will make anywhere from 364 to about 376 to the wheels......that is pretty standard on these cars.

The car was tuned by GM for performance, longevity, fuel economy etc........I am sure you could tinker with it some but the cost of a tune alone versus the warranty factor is not worth it.....If you start modding the motor with cams, S/C'rs etc...then you will need a tune for sure.

Some CAI's need a tune to run optimally because of the increased air flow....just remember that the more air you put in the more room you need to get rid of it...so an exhaust would be in order.

Tests have been done that say they increase maybe 8 to 10 hrspwr but in all honesty you can not feel 8 or 10 hrspwr.

Since your car is a daily driver , if it were me I would wait to do any mods like this, especially since you are a " Broke College Student"

If you are gonna do any mods...check here....People are always swapping from drop springs to coilovers, changing CAI's, changing exhaust and you could really save some money.....If you are planning on keeping it stock you can always pick up CHEAP factory parts on here.

I like the idea that the mods you have done are mainly cosmetic, they can always be removed if need be...well most of them......
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #28
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Rain=Lame
Fuse Pull=Good
Dyno=Awesome



My 45th has nastiness on the sides from driving in the rain.
No joke! I got my driving in today though!

I went through a half a tank...hahah not that its hard to do that or anything, but it felt nice. I think I'm getting use to the shifting gears thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Take it from my personal experience Vengeance will do you right.......Your car will make anywhere from 364 to about 376 to the wheels......that is pretty standard on these cars.

The car was tuned by GM for performance, longevity, fuel economy etc........I am sure you could tinker with it some but the cost of a tune alone versus the warranty factor is not worth it.....If you start modding the motor with cams, S/C'rs etc...then you will need a tune for sure.

Some CAI's need a tune to run optimally because of the increased air flow....just remember that the more air you put in the more room you need to get rid of it...so an exhaust would be in order.

Tests have been done that say they increase maybe 8 to 10 hrspwr but in all honesty you can not feel 8 or 10 hrspwr.

Since your car is a daily driver , if it were me I would wait to do any mods like this, especially since you are a " Broke College Student"

If you are gonna do any mods...check here....People are always swapping from drop springs to coilovers, changing CAI's, changing exhaust and you could really save some money.....If you are planning on keeping it stock you can always pick up CHEAP factory parts on here.

I like the idea that the mods you have done are mainly cosmetic, they can always be removed if need be...well most of them......
Thanks for the advice John.

I can assure you that my powertrain warranty will be intact for quite some time. My electrical warranty and such, that'll be gone soon.

I really just want to see what my car does put down and to make sure it puts down what its supposed to.

I've been looking at the dynomax exhaust because I want absolutely 0 drone on the highway. I really, really, really enjoy the quietness of the factory exhaust (drone wise). Cutouts are going to be one thing on the list as well....hence the reason I want a quiet exhaust...but I do want it to be loud when I get on it..without having to open cutouts.

I finally got a chance to take a few pictures today...they aren't great as I was in a hurry..but its the first sunny day since I've got my car so I wanted to take advantage of it!

Pics will follow shortly.
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halo Kit V2, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Cam Motion Cam, CAI Intake, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
xxx RWHP/xxx RWTQ

Last edited by CamaroKid300; 12-23-2011 at 05:00 PM.
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All order status requests in here (up to status 3800). List of Order Status Codes. GTAHVIT Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 54433 09-19-2016 09:33 PM
Camaro5 Mafia Game Thread ***POST ONLY IF PLAYING*** PoorMansCamaro Gaming Lounge 1118 12-17-2011 02:28 PM
Suggestion: Explanation to thread starters for their threads being locked? colin911 Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 2 12-06-2009 10:25 PM
prices thread nimnels 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1 05-02-2009 06:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.