Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #76
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: RED DEMON!
Looking real good J.T., nice video!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #77
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Looking real good J.T., nice video!
Thank You!
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #78
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Bought some GM "Pure White" spray paint tonight from Autozone.... painting my fuse box cover white...applied the first coat just a few minutes ago and now gonna apply another coat tomorrow morning. Pics tomorrow!
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #79
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Old 01-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #80
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Here is the pic this morning after the first coat of paint had dried. I'm a rookie painter so I know it doesn't look great, but i figured many light coats would be better than trying to make the thing look perfect the first coat.

Just applied a second coat after I took this photo.
Attached Images

A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #81
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Hey that looks pretty good...remember to sand in between coats to make it lay down.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #82
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Hey that looks pretty good...remember to sand in between coats to make it lay down.

I'm gonna have to put it on the car now with only the second coat on...going to get my windows tinted and my gills vinyl stuff put on at 3 PM.

I'm gonna find some sandpaper and give it a sanding before the next coat....then I gotta go find some clear coat to put over the top.

Be back later!
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #83
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Back from the tint shop...AutoTek did a great job once again!

Also got a radio display protector put on so I don't get scratches on my screen.

Didn't get to get my gill blackouts done because I left them in my trunk and they got smashed...all my fault.

Attached Images

A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #84
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Finished up my fuse box today. 5 coats of white and 3 coats of clear. Turned out well.
Attached Images

A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #85
t!mbo

Drives: 45th 2SS M6
Looks pretty good! And obviously you started already on the engine cover
t!mbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #86
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by t!mbo View Post
Looks pretty good! And obviously you started already on the engine cover
Thanks.

I have the engine cover sitting in the house...but not quite sure what I want to do with it paint scheme wise.
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #87
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Do the grey in white and everything else (including the "chevrolet") in black. And then maybe the V8 in white again. Or vice versa.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #88
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Do the grey in white and everything else (including the "chevrolet") in black. And then maybe the V8 in white again. Or vice versa.
Yeah, that's pretty tedious right there. lol

Ignore this..personal notes: carver1@gmail.com
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ

Last edited by CamaroKid300; 01-05-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #89
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Looks good Cornhole.........

Buffers....... Here is my opinion and only mine about buffers. I have both the PC and the Flex buffers. I also have the 4" focal pads for the PC.

If you have never done this type of thing before then I would go with the PC. It will take a little bit longer but it will get the job done. It was easier for a Novice like me to learn how to buff a car.

No matter which you choose there will be a learning curve to get the results you want.

The Flex is a great machine and is faster than the PC in correcting paint but it can't do every area you need to do. I mainly use my Flex on bigger areas like the hood, roof etc...since they are flat and pretty easy to get to.

The one thing I have learned about buffing on a car is that each car is different and requires different things and take PATIENCE and KNOWLEDGE both can be learned from correct practice.

Once you get your paint fixed there will not be alot of need for either IF you take care of the paint correctly...Sure there will be some minor swirls but not the whole car.

My suggestion is to get a PC and go from there.

The Flex is also orbital but forced orbital so it will do more damage if not careful.

Foam guns are only made by a couple of companies....I got mine from Autogeek. Everything else I got from Adam's
Old 01-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #90
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
John, come down MLK weekend! Between me, you and J.T. we can get his car knocked out in half a day.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #91
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
John, come down MLK weekend! Between me, you and J.T. we can get his car knocked out in half a day.
I'll see what I can come up with.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #92
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
JT,
I've seen the radio screen protectors. Remind me where you get them?

Also, "Pure White"? How does that match? The "Olympic White" at the parts stores is supposed to be the same as "Summit White".
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #93
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Looks good Cornhole.........

Buffers....... Here is my opinion and only mine about buffers. I have both the PC and the Flex buffers. I also have the 4" focal pads for the PC.

If you have never done this type of thing before then I would go with the PC. It will take a little bit longer but it will get the job done. It was easier for a Novice like me to learn how to buff a car.

No matter which you choose there will be a learning curve to get the results you want.

The Flex is a great machine and is faster than the PC in correcting paint but it can't do every area you need to do. I mainly use my Flex on bigger areas like the hood, roof etc...since they are flat and pretty easy to get to.

The one thing I have learned about buffing on a car is that each car is different and requires different things and take PATIENCE and KNOWLEDGE both can be learned from correct practice.

Once you get your paint fixed there will not be alot of need for either IF you take care of the paint correctly...Sure there will be some minor swirls but not the whole car.

My suggestion is to get a PC and go from there.

The Flex is also orbital but forced orbital so it will do more damage if not careful.

Foam guns are only made by a couple of companies....I got mine from Autogeek. Everything else I got from Adam's
Thanks for the advice John.

I just want to keep this car shining. I'm not going to be able to detail it every week or what not, but I do want to do more than just wash it. When I drove my old car to the dealership and had it right next to a new IOM...I was amazed at how dull my paint was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Shoot you guys don't have to help detail my car, I just wanna learn how to do it properly!

Quote:
I'll see what I can come up with.
Sounds like a party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
JT,
I've seen the radio screen protectors. Remind me where you get them?

Also, "Pure White"? How does that match? The "Olympic White" at the parts stores is supposed to be the same as "Summit White".
This is the exact can I got.
Clicky

It seems to be a hair darker than Summit White, but when the hood is open you really can't tell unless you really try to notice it.

I looked for Olympic White because I remembered that is what you had got, but I couldn't find it at my local AutoZone...I should have went to Summit Racing and I'm sure I could have found it.

Also, I bought my screen protector from a member on here. Clicky Again

It looks really good, and was really cheap. A++ in my book.
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #94
htron50

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Hey, just saw your thread and read about your good experience with Hendrick Chevrolet. I am getting my Camaro from City Chevrolet (Rick Hendricks original dealership) and I give the 5 STARS as well! Just like in my sig! Great experience.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #95
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Hey, just saw your thread and read about your good experience with Hendrick Chevrolet. I am getting my Camaro from City Chevrolet (Rick Hendricks original dealership) and I give the 5 STARS as well! Just like in my sig! Great experience.
Thanks!

Hendrick in Duluth wasn't a good experience...but the one in Monroe, NC was great.

Basically guaranteed us the trade in we wanted for my car before we drove up there.

Enjoy your ZL1....I'm jealous already!
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #96
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Got my parking all situated for this semester at school!

$50 a month isn't a bad price I don't think.

It's a closer walk to the garage than to the resident overflow lot!
Attached Images

A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #97
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Nice positioning next to that wall!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #98
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Nice positioning next to that wall!
You know how I do.
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #99
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Working a new mod as I type....will post pics later.

This past week has been pretty crazy. First week of spring semester so I've been busy with that and all that is associated.

Hopefully I can get in a good routine and have plenty of time to mess with mods for my car.
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 01-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #100
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

I'm working on painting my interior trim....started with this tonight.

This was a challenge for me personally, as I had one spot of run where I oversprayed. So I had to sand, paint, re-sand, and paint again.

It turned out great so far I think ...still have to add a few coats of clear tomorrow!

I used GM "Olympic White" paint (Thanks Joe).
Attached Images

A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ