Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #85
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
... and the GM beancounters are saying, "He thinks he can upgrade the drivetrain for three grand!"
How much upgrading do you think is necessary? (since you are on the inside with GM I guess you'll know)
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #86
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yes there used to be peace hear, now it's full of synical and sarcastic nay sayers.
yes, until the last few chimed in and jumped on certain individuals backs...not I, but I'm not standing for being taken on without some respect by others....not you, but several other people as of late...
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #87
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
Everyone can drive an auto............. but a stick??
?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #88
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yes there used to be peace hear, now it's full of synical and sarcastic nay sayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
How much upgrading do you think is necessary? (since you are on the inside with GM I guess you'll know)
see below .... and your post is oozing with sarcasm... quit it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
yes, until the last few chimed in and jumped on certain individuals backs...not I, but I'm not standing for being taken on without some respect by others....not you, but several other people as of late...
you too
Ok gentlemen, here's the deal... If you want to disagree, that's fine, if you want to belittle, there's going to be problems.

Maybe I come across as course, if so, I apologize. Having said that, I've been on this site for a while, I'm not leaving just because my opinion doesn't mesh with yours. My (serious) opinions are usually as valid as any other individuals opinions.

If you think you're going to bully me and run me out, well.....

..... ain't gonna happen.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #89
Gramps69Z
Still waiting on the Z
 
Gramps69Z's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z/28, 06 Denali, 09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Gramps69Z Send a message via Yahoo to Gramps69Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
?
Chance, it comes down to sales and more cars will be sold with an A.T. option.

Most people can drive an automactic but all can't a standard.

Remember the ZL1 was going to be a stick only car then G.M. counted all of the sells lost from the non-shifting folks.
__________________
October 31, 2015 at 0700 - officially retired
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
2006 Denali
2009 Cadillac CTS


The Six Old Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right.
Gramps69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #90
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
Chance, it comes down to sales and more cars will be sold with an A.T. option.

Most people can drive an automactic but all can't a standard.

Remember the ZL1 was going to be a stick only car then G.M. counted all of the sells lost from the non-shifting folks.
I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying they need both for sales.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #91
Gramps69Z
Still waiting on the Z
 
Gramps69Z's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z/28, 06 Denali, 09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Gramps69Z Send a message via Yahoo to Gramps69Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying they need both for sales.
I totally understand my Z brother and you must have misunderstood my post.



My comment was directed to the auto only post.
__________________
October 31, 2015 at 0700 - officially retired
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
2006 Denali
2009 Cadillac CTS


The Six Old Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right.
Gramps69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #92
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
see below .... and your post is oozing with sarcasm... quit it.

you too
Ok gentlemen, here's the deal... If you want to disagree, that's fine, if you want to belittle, there's going to be problems.

Maybe I come across as course, if so, I apologize. Having said that, I've been on this site for a while, I'm not leaving just because my opinion doesn't mesh with yours. My (serious) opinions are usually as valid as any other individuals opinions.

If you think you're going to bully me and run me out, well.....

..... ain't gonna happen.
I'm not trying to chase you off, and I know you've been on the forum for quite some time.
I was merely pointing out that even using your numbers it's doable.
Regarding the sarcasm, fight fire with fire! There has been too many " not gonna happen" post recently and it's gotten annoying. If you want to help us understand how to get it "the Z28" done welcome aboard. If you just wanna piss in our Wheaties well...
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #93
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
I totally understand my Z brother and you must have misunderstood my post.



My comment was directed to the auto only post.
Gotcha!!!!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #94
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'm not trying to chase you off, and I know you've been on the forum for quite some time.
I was merely pointing out that even using your numbers it's doable.
Regarding the sarcasm, fight fire with fire! There has been too many " not gonna happen" post recently and it's gotten annoying. If you want to help us understand how to get it "the Z28" done welcome aboard. If you just wanna piss in our Wheaties well...
So, you're saying, "If you want to come in here and agree with us, we will love you long time. If your opinion is different, then leave."

This is not a new subject, they were talking about it before I was a member.

Personally, I'd love to see a 5th gen LS7 Z/28, you could find a post of mine from 2008 confirming it. Time and the ZL1 have changed my perspective.

If a 5th gen LS7 car comes out, you can say "I told ya so", if we don't see the Z/28 till the 6th gen, well, just don't eat those Wheaties, someone might have pissed in em'
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #95
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,852
Uh, OK?!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #96
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended
 
Drives: some to distraction
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
So, you're saying, "If you want to come in here and agree with us, we will love you long time. If your opinion is different, then leave."

This is not a new subject, they were talking about it before I was a member.

Personally, I'd love to see a 5th gen LS7 Z/28, you could find a post of mine from 2008 confirming it. Time and the ZL1 have changed my perspective.

If a 5th gen LS7 car comes out, you can say "I told ya so", if we don't see the Z/28 till the 6th gen, well, just don't eat those Wheaties, someone might have pissed in em'
I'd say there's a mess of folks in this Section who, through time and recent announcements, have remained consistent in their desire for a Z28.

As to eating any kind of Wheaties, I stopped that when Bruce married into the Kardashian family...although a car dashin' around my neighborhood would be welcomed if it was a Z28!
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #97
Gramps69Z
Still waiting on the Z
 
Gramps69Z's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z/28, 06 Denali, 09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Gramps69Z Send a message via Yahoo to Gramps69Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
I'd say there's a mess of folks in this Section who, through time and recent announcements, have remained consistent in their desire for a Z28.

As to eating any kind of Wheaties, I stopped that when Bruce married into the Kardashian family...although a car dashin' around my neighborhood would be welcomed if it was a Z28!


__________________
October 31, 2015 at 0700 - officially retired
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
2006 Denali
2009 Cadillac CTS


The Six Old Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right.
Gramps69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #98
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
I'd say there's a mess of folks in this Section who, through time and recent announcements, have remained consistent in their desire for a Z28.

As to eating any kind of Wheaties, I stopped that when Bruce married into the Kardashian family...although a car dashin' around my neighborhood would be welcomed if it was a Z28!
Yeah Baby!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
700 hp z/28

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SS vs Z. Why?? Not another Z28 Thread!! Just curious. TRIXXTERR General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 29 01-21-2011 09:27 AM
I specially ordered a Z28! (unlike all of you) 496BIGBLOCK Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 70 01-02-2011 01:44 PM
Why do you think the Z28 is the higher tier? The_Blur Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 181 10-14-2009 08:08 PM
Bob Lutz interview radz28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 113 08-28-2008 01:30 PM
Z28 - Please try and understand..... GTAHVIT Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 73 07-24-2008 12:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.