Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #676
laditee


 
laditee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jerzy
Posts: 2,449
Woooooooooo Shit Chris those rims look sick on ur ride...nice touch and as for the video did the beamer really think he had a chance lol....car looks crazy
__________________
laditee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #677
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Good lord, those wheels look sweet man!! I also loved all the racing videos, and pictures! I just read over the stuff tonight that I missed over the last few months, which is a lot. Ha-ha

I know exactly how you feel about the car. You love it, and it's hard to let go, but there are other things you feel are more important. It's so hard to make these sacrifices, but make sure you do what makes you happy in the long run regardless of what that is. Did you ever sell your car to the buyer you were talking about???
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #678
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Nice rims! Cant say that ive seen them before
Thanks! I'm quite happy with them for sure.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #679
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by laditee View Post
Woooooooooo Shit Chris those rims look sick on ur ride...nice touch and as for the video did the beamer really think he had a chance lol....car looks crazy
Thanks! I'm having a tough time trying to find a photographer to take pictures. I wish I had a nice camera i'd give it a shot myself. . Haha that beamer was quick for what it was! It was making almost 600HP!
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #680
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Car is potentially sold, just waiting on some funds to transfer.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #681
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Well looks like the funds are transferring as of today, and the car will most likely be gone by next weekend. Time to get it all ready for the next person to hopefully love and enjoy as I have over the course of these last few years. I had a lot of ups and downs with the car over the years and it went through a few different setups but I think in the end for me I was very happy with the car and what it became.

Talking with the new owner he really does love cars and has a few project cars he is working on with his son now. I hope that this car becomes one of those projects he shares with his son and it brings them a lot of enjoyment. Time to keep it moving and onto the next project. I'll be sure to share this community with the new owner and hope he comes on and shares what he has in store for it!
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #682
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
How much did you sell it for?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #683
unforgiven
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 ss
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: canada
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Well looks like the funds are transferring as of today, and the car will most likely be gone by next weekend.
you filthy traitor.
unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #684
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgiven View Post
you filthy traitor.
Awe there there lol. I will still be at the track with my new car just won't be a camaro! I need something more idiot proof so I don't run 13s
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #685
pancherj
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 72
Hey Chris! Can't wait to pick up the car. I still haven't told my 8 year old. He is going to be shocked!

I hope to drive the car, show the car and especially get back to the track and do some drag racing. So, I will definitely need some advice. My IROC was a mid 11 second car with an automatic. I haven't raced a manual in almost 20 years. What rear tires and rims are out there that will fit these cars? I am hoping to keep it around $1000 for wheels and tires. I was thinking a radial slick, but not sure how to handle a high horsepower stick shift.

Any advice from the veterans?
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #686
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post
Hey Chris! Can't wait to pick up the car. I still haven't told my 8 year old. He is going to be shocked!

I hope to drive the car, show the car and especially get back to the track and do some drag racing. So, I will definitely need some advice. My IROC was a mid 11 second car with an automatic. I haven't raced a manual in almost 20 years. What rear tires and rims are out there that will fit these cars? I am hoping to keep it around $1000 for wheels and tires. I was thinking a radial slick, but not sure how to handle a high horsepower stick shift.

Any advice from the veterans?
Here's, my advice....quadruple your wheel and tire budget!! For that car you'll need at least a 17" slick and skinnies. If not you'll be leaving so much in the table.

Also, there is no such thing as a radial slick. It's either a drag radial or a bias slick for these cars.

Plenty of drag racing tire and wheel info on this site.

Congrats on the purchase of the car.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #687
pancherj
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 72
HAHA! After posting, I went out and did some searching on this forum. Guess the days of buying a lightweight 15" for $250 is over!

Is the only choice the Bogart or the Weld? Any preference for the radial versus the bias ply slick? On my Camaro, I ran the exact same 60' on Drag radials and slicks. Might be a different ball game with this car.
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #688
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post
HAHA! After posting, I went out and did some searching on this forum. Guess the days of buying a lightweight 15" for $250 is over!

Is the only choice the Bogart or the Weld? Any preference for the radial versus the bias ply slick? On my Camaro, I ran the exact same 60' on Drag radials and slicks. Might be a different ball game with this car.
Camaro tax!! Everything is expensive.

You can try some 18" drag radials on the 18" corvette replica wheels to start out. A rear setup is around $1k. I don't think that's enough tire for your car. If you want to drive like a fairy down the track you'll be fine but if you really want to smash it I'd just go to a dedicated drag set up.

That's a lot more work with either trailering the car or swapping at the track.

Don't forget that the clutch will be trashed after the first real day of drag racing. Either have a wrecker service ready or change it before going. 800 rwhp + stock clutch + drag racing =
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #689
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Camaro tax!! Everything is expensive.

You can try some 18" drag radials on the 18" corvette replica wheels to start out. A rear setup is around $1k. I don't think that's enough tire for your car. If you want to drive like a fairy down the track you'll be fine but if you really want to smash it I'd just go to a dedicated drag set up.

That's a lot more work with either trailering the car or swapping at the track.

Don't forget that the clutch will be trashed after the first real day of drag racing. Either have a wrecker service ready or change it before going. 800 rwhp + stock clutch + drag racing =
Ah the clutch will be fine don't scare the man. ECS has plenty stock clutch cars making lots of passes . It was fine at the dig or roll event. 18 corvette replicas with a Mickey Thompson ET street would be good starting off. I had a set of welds on the car for a short time and they hooked up very well from a roll, I never did any racing as the drivetrain was stock.

Dig or roll 2 is at MIR in Maryland! ECS would love to have the car come.

Your going to probably want a slick for the nitrous. When the nitrous hits the torque is really something lol. There is a great community here and maybe you can win car of the week a second time!
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #690
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Ah the clutch will be fine don't scare the man. ECS has plenty stock clutch cars making lots of passes . It was fine at the dig or roll event. 18 corvette replicas with a Mickey Thompson ET street would be good starting off. I had a set of welds on the car for a short time and they hooked up very well from a roll, I never did any racing as the drivetrain was stock.

Dig or roll 2 is at MIR in Maryland! ECS would love to have the car come.

Your going to probably want a slick for the nitrous. When the nitrous hits the torque is really something lol. There is a great community here and maybe you can win car of the week a second time!
Stock clutch. OP, I hope you have AAA.

Do yourself a favor and research how that stock clutch does with 1000 fwhp at the dragstrip.

So who are all these ECS cars pushing the envelope of the stock clutch?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #691
pancherj
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 72
I have a truck and trailer, does that count? I will stick with driving like a fairy for now. That is infinitely better than my current situation...not driving at all! I usually race at Beaver Springs, so breaking something is not a problem. I doubt their starting line could ever contain that much horsepower on a Friday night to cause a break. The weekends are a different story.

Making it to MIR would be great! I'll let you know.

For the future...is a DYAD and a DSS driveshaft the way to go? Christmas is right around the corner.
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #692
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post
I have a truck and trailer, does that count? I will stick with driving like a fairy for now. That is infinitely better than my current situation...not driving at all! I usually race at Beaver Springs, so breaking something is not a problem. I doubt their starting line could ever contain that much horsepower on a Friday night to cause a break. The weekends are a different story.

Making it to MIR would be great! I'll let you know.

For the future...is a DYAD and a DSS driveshaft the way to go? Christmas is right around the corner.
Doesn't that car have a 9" rear? I would think it would have the proper driveshaft. I didn't realize a stock ds would work with the 9" kit.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #693
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,438
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Jaime, is there anyone who's chops you don't bust... Anyone that is immune, at least temporarily from the abuse...lmao
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #694
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Jaime, is there anyone who's chops you don't bust... Anyone that is immune, at least temporarily from the abuse...lmao
Negative ghost rider. I am an equal opportunity ball buster. What else am I supposed to do now. It's not like I can go cruising in my car.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #695
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post
I have a truck and trailer, does that count? I will stick with driving like a fairy for now. That is infinitely better than my current situation...not driving at all! I usually race at Beaver Springs, so breaking something is not a problem. I doubt their starting line could ever contain that much horsepower on a Friday night to cause a break. The weekends are a different story.

Making it to MIR would be great! I'll let you know.

For the future...is a DYAD and a DSS driveshaft the way to go? Christmas is right around the corner.
All you need is a clutch my friend when the time does come. Call ECS they will set you up with a Mantic Twin at a good price . Its good to 1010ft/tq.

The car has a full drivetrain replacement. Gforce 1320 9", 3.50 Gear, Moser Wavetrac, and a DSS 1 Piece Driveshaft. You need to replace nothing.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #696
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Also SuperchargedSS will be watching you like a hawk most likely, busting balls at every corner. He blew up his car though
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #697
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Stock clutch. OP, I hope you have AAA.

Do yourself a favor and research how that stock clutch does with 1000 fwhp at the dragstrip.

So who are all these ECS cars pushing the envelope of the stock clutch?
Stock clutch is holding well, its a replace when it goes type of thing and you'd know it before it really let go.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #698
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Also SuperchargedSS will be watching you like a hawk most likely, busting balls at every corner. He blew up his car though
That happens to fast cars. Something you never had to worry about!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #699
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
All you need is a clutch my friend when the time does come. Call ECS they will set you up with a Mantic Twin at a good price . Its good to 1010ft/tq.

The car has a full drivetrain replacement. Gforce 1320 9", 3.50 Gear, Moser Wavetrac, and a DSS 1 Piece Driveshaft. You need to replace nothing.
I was pretty sure the drivetrain was done a little while ago. I didn't understand the need for another DS.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #700
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,438
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
That happens to fast cars. Something you never had to worry about!
So what does this say about you, fast cars can do it at any moment, not so fast cars take years to blow up....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eric Berry's National Speed Super NZ1200 Camaro Build JusticePete 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 259 10-03-2013 09:10 AM
GM is allowing Corvette owners to build the engine themselves v6sonoma General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 67 08-11-2010 12:07 AM
Before you build it GM, Dont make the same mistake twice... 302 Wild Mouse 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 86 05-19-2010 03:48 PM
GM to invest $850+ million to build new V8s RyanG 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 50 04-29-2010 11:37 AM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 04:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.