Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #26
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
PLEASE don't turn this beautiful car into another rolling speaker. The ricers do that enough. DON'T rice up the Camaro!
it's not rice when it sounds good, but when all you hear is bass and only distorted mids and highs when the bass cuts out that's rice
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #27
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #28
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
PLEASE don't turn this beautiful car into another rolling speaker. The ricers do that enough. DON'T rice up the Camaro!
Dude, seriously... dont post on this thread hating on guys who want to add a subwoofer to the sound system.

Im sorry, while I understand that it would be painful to your eyes and ears to hear and see a camaro rolling down the road and hearing it pound 2 miles before you actually see it. But some people just want to COMPLETE the sound system in their car by adding a subwoofer. That doesnt meant we're turning the entire trunk into a huge subwoofer and amp setup lit up by neons.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #29
Smoken'em

Drives: Scion tC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0rsep0wer View Post
I read on another post that the cigarette lighter 12V outlet is switched by the ignition. I plan on piggybacking off that and running wire to the trunk to get my remote lead for the amp.

+1 would love to get an answer on the pre-amp outs though.
I have quite a bit of knowledge when it comes to installing car audio and I highly don't suggest "piggy backing" anything off your cigarette lighter, even a remote wire.

To solve an issue in my gf's car of needing a remote wire and installing an amp with a factory head unit I got a piece called the re-Q5 from reqsound.com. It turns on when it senses music so you don't have to run a remote wire and once it turns on it has a remote wire out to turn on your amplifiers as well. It counteracts the factory head unit lowering the bass at higher volumes too so it sound much better than just using a high to low converter.

I installed it myself into my gf's car if you have any questions on it. Oh yeah, for input signal all you have to do is tap off your front and/or rear speakers which can be done directly at the speaker if you want so if you're just adding a sub it's much simpler to just tap off the rear and be done with it.
Smoken'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #30
FAF

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2008 Tundra
would the BA rear amp be able to run an extra woofer with those outputs
FAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #31
JDBeck23

FAF, I doubt the amp would run a sub at all. But you could use the inputs that come from the factory stereo, splice off and use them as an input to an aftermarket amp. With the battery in the trunk, you're pretty much good to go. Once GM finally comes out with the sub kit, HOPEFULLY we can buy the harness that comes with it separately and wire our own sub into the car. Without the harness from GM we'd need the pinouts for the factory amp in the trunk. But even at that, it'll be WAY easier than any other car I've ever messed with, everything is already in the trunk!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
Old 05-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #32
rayhawk

Drives: Trailblazer SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoken'em View Post
I have quite a bit of knowledge when it comes to installing car audio and I highly don't suggest "piggy backing" anything off your cigarette lighter, even a remote wire.

To solve an issue in my gf's car of needing a remote wire and installing an amp with a factory head unit I got a piece called the re-Q5 from reqsound.com. It turns on when it senses music so you don't have to run a remote wire and once it turns on it has a remote wire out to turn on your amplifiers as well. It counteracts the factory head unit lowering the bass at higher volumes too so it sound much better than just using a high to low converter.

I installed it myself into my gf's car if you have any questions on it. Oh yeah, for input signal all you have to do is tap off your front and/or rear speakers which can be done directly at the speaker if you want so if you're just adding a sub it's much simpler to just tap off the rear and be done with it.
Some amps have the auto-turnon built in to them, I have a Pioneer that does this, no remote wire needed.

07 2WD Trailblazer SS, LS1 E-fans, 4" FWI, pcmforless tune
72 VW Beetle, 2275cc, Dual 44 IDF's
rayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #33
JDBeck23

typically the auto turn on feature is for amps that run the "high level" inputs. They detect audio signals at the input and then switch the amp on.

We should be able to use the factory amp input or output, since both will be at the harness in the trunk. Sky's the limit, as soon as we get the pinouts!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
Old 05-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #34
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers171 View Post
i lost you after "i just installed"
me 2 and I was hoping I could add a larger amp and subs with what a another guy called and "epacenter"???? seems like it is complicated I might just have to have a pro do it....not all bad either.

I have a camaro and don't have the slightest idea what to look for and I hook up my home systems all the time. I will try and look and take pics but it wont be till this weekend.

Any recomendations on manufactures for an amp and sub???? I heard sony "explode"???? is good??????

thanks guys - I am trying to catch up.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #35
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
it's frustrating how little is known about this, and I'm going to be really annoyed if hooking up a sub requires a harness, why would they do that instead of using standardized plugs?
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote