Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
emsguy

Drives: 2012 2ss convertible
Rebuilt throttle body or new one?

I want to buy an upgraded throttle body - the Vmax or one like it.

My question - is a rebuilt one as good as a new one? I don't mind paying extra for a new one, so cost is not a factor. I just wonder whether the rebuilt one would be reliable as a new one.

I know if I were replacing a stock part on the car, I would always opt for the new part over the rebuilt one.

Thoughts? Opinions? Experience?

thanks, and happy new year
emsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I don't believe you'll get a rebuilt. I think what happens is say I send my stock one in. They send me a ported one already done. In the meantime they port mine and stock it. Then comes along you who sends in the sticker and gets mine back. Does that make sense? It's not rebuilt, just not brand new and no need to worry about it. With these great companies any problems and they will send you another. They are all still new and plug and play so you should never have an issue.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Ratt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2ss
I bought a Vmax throttle body and was not satisfied so I sent them the original throttle body that came with my car and they ported it then sent it back. I wrote down my serial number before I sent it and I got the same one back.

I was pleased as punch with the one they sent back. Since most of the people who complain about them own an L99 like I do, I have a theory that either the stock throttle body on L99 is faster or the computer needs to be reset when you put a throttle body on that came from an LS3. They have the same part number as far as I know but it might get a different program when its going into a LS3. I have nothing to base this on, its just a theory and maybe not a good one.

What I can tell you is if you don't like the Vmax throttle body they will refund your money or port your throttle body and send it back. It's a no lose situation.
Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Thats correct. The weak MAF is usually what ant issue comes to as the VMaxx improves the flow so well, but we stand behind all.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
So if I wanted my own TB ported, who does that? Do you sent it to V-Max or one of the vendors? And what would be the turnaround for that?