Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
M Miller69
 
M Miller69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iola,Wisconsin
Posts: 434
Coil pack covers.. Tips?

Does anyone have the coil covers from Holley,Edelbrock,ect. that give the engine a big block look? I dont know if these fit are cars or not. Looking into dressing up the engine compartment a bit and the coil packs are an eyesore. If anyone has tips or pics I would love your feedback. Thanks!
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
zarenski
 
Drives: 2010 2ss
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Brownstown Mi
Posts: 100
check out the thread Nathan is doing. Cleaning up the clutter in our engine bay. Hes doing a excellent job
zarenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
GMteSSted
000107, 000574 & 699059
 
GMteSSted's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 Pre-productions - Obsession!!
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Miller69 View Post
Does anyone have the coil covers from Holley,Edelbrock,ect. that give the engine a big block look? I dont know if these fit are cars or not. Looking into dressing up the engine compartment a bit and the coil packs are an eyesore. If anyone has tips or pics I would love your feedback. Thanks!
I'm working on a "new" coil cover that will be a different approach than what's available now. I've been looking for something to make the old school look that fits and is a relatively easy install. I hope to have the proto-type done this weekend. Stay Tuned...
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Devilfish
US Navy Chief
 
Devilfish's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rotten Groton, CT
Posts: 354
I just picked some up today. So far I can already tell that there is some trimming to be done. Do a search for holley coil covers and there is like two threads four or five down on the list where someone has already trimmed theirs. I will try to remember to post pics after mine are trimmed and painted. Hopefully by the end of the week.
Devilfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
M Miller69
 
M Miller69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iola,Wisconsin
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
I'm working on a "new" coil cover that will be a different approach than what's available now. I've been looking for something to make the old school look that fits and is a relatively easy install. I hope to have the proto-type done this weekend. Stay Tuned...

Cool, I would like to see what you come up with. Not much out there in terms of covers.
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
M Miller69
 
M Miller69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iola,Wisconsin
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
I just picked some up today. So far I can already tell that there is some trimming to be done. Do a search for holley coil covers and there is like two threads four or five down on the list where someone has already trimmed theirs. I will try to remember to post pics after mine are trimmed and painted. Hopefully by the end of the week.
That would be great.I Would like to know how installation goes.
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
Devilfish
US Navy Chief
 
Devilfish's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rotten Groton, CT
Posts: 354
M miller. If you do not enjoy fabrication then I would not buy these. I personally do so I will still finish them. I will be a little longer than I had hoped though. Hopefully I will be done by Tuesday.
Devilfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
GMteSSted
000107, 000574 & 699059
 
GMteSSted's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 Pre-productions - Obsession!!
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
M miller. If you do not enjoy fabrication then I would not buy these. I personally do so I will still finish them. I will be a little longer than I had hoped though. Hopefully I will be done by Tuesday.
Yep, I looked at the Holley's and decided if I was going to cut them up that much I would just do something that looks better (IMO) and is a little cheaper. I hope to get my done this week end and get them posted.

Last edited by GMteSSted; 01-06-2012 at 08:07 PM.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
M Miller69
 
M Miller69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iola,Wisconsin
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
M miller. If you do not enjoy fabrication then I would not buy these. I personally do so I will still finish them. I will be a little longer than I had hoped though. Hopefully I will be done by Tuesday.
Ya heard they need trimming and a good massaging to fit. Good luck
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
GMteSSted
000107, 000574 & 699059
 
GMteSSted's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 Pre-productions - Obsession!!
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 702
Had a few problems with the passenger side. Going to have re-order blanks. It will take at least a week to get them made.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,965
Check out Granatelli Motorsports, they have coil covers
__________________

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
techinny

 
techinny's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Silverado 1500, '05 GMC 2500HD
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,391
Subscribed.
__________________

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #13
M Miller69
 
M Miller69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iola,Wisconsin
Posts: 434
I got a deal on Roto fab covers. Dont really give the engine a BB V-8 look persay, but better then stock.
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 6,220
we are currently making some billet covers for the coils as well as our new billet rocker covers.
Attached Images
  
__________________

RDP Store
www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V8 Camaro Performance Upgrades List Milk 1027 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 89 02-20-2015 08:43 PM
Roto-Fab | Engine Covers - S/C | Fuse Relay Cover | Radiator Cover | Billet Oil Cap+ AutoAgenda Exterior Parts & Accessories 14 02-06-2013 08:43 PM
EXHAUST Milk 1027 Wiki 2 03-07-2010 09:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.