Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,662
This just in! CAI


Found this yesterday when I got home for lunch. I got from Juiced. Needless to say I didn't want to go back to work.

So, it was out with the old and in with the new. Two bolts and it is out.

There is a big gaping hole where the factory air box used to be.


I was amazed at how well the new air box went in and fit. Then when you look straight down through it, you see where all that cold air comes from. It helps that the washer bottle has been removed, I have no use for it.


The tube and filter fall right into position, it couldn't be easier. The maf was simple and cannot be installed upside upside down as the holes won't line up.

Putting the cover on was the hardest part for me, getting those 1/4 turn screws lined up just right was a small challenge, but I enjoyed every second of this install.

For the final connection I used a piece of braided hose for the breather hose.
I have known for 7 months this was the cold air kit I wanted, but was still impressed by the quality, looks and ease of installation. I can't wait for spring time to try it out!

Thanks to Cold Air Inductions and Jason at Juiced Motorsports!

P.S. This is why I am selling my New Era Intake Pipe.
__________________
BMR, CAI, DynoMax, Elite Eng., Hurst, Jannetty, Clear Image Headers & Hi Flow cats, Jet Hot, LSR, TSW, VMax, Vredestein

Last edited by PAUL SS; 01-15-2012 at 07:47 PM.
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,211
Very nice. Congrats!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
78Z2812TBD
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS vert
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 107
Very nice! I like the braided hose idea. Thanks to USPS, my box (also received today, but I'm waiting for an opportunity to install it with my son) looked just a little different. Luckily nothing inside appears damaged.
Attached Images
 
78Z2812TBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Brianskeet
Brianskeet
 
Brianskeet's Avatar
 
Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Crestview FL
Posts: 785
I remember install day! Congratulations!! I love mine as well.
__________________
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
Black1SS
 
Black1SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS 6 Speed
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 427
Looks great. Can't wait to get my stuff in. I am so looking toward to getting it installed
Black1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Z2812TBD View Post
Very nice! I like the braided hose idea. Thanks to USPS, my box (also received today, but I'm waiting for an opportunity to install it with my son) looked just a little different. Luckily nothing inside appears damaged.
CAI does a good job of packaging, not to mention they leave the protective material on the plexi and aluminum and the filter is inside another box. Looks like it paid off for you.
__________________
BMR, CAI, DynoMax, Elite Eng., Hurst, Jannetty, Clear Image Headers & Hi Flow cats, Jet Hot, LSR, TSW, VMax, Vredestein
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
BigRed585Lbs

 
Drives: GMC, no cars or tractors.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: By Marion, MS
Posts: 1,294
Paul, your installation photos show why CAI is the top unit. The fit of the airbox to the shape of the Camaro fender liner is excellent. And nothing but smooth tube. Good shots. Enjoy.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
JWMotoring
 
JWMotoring's Avatar
 
Drives: SS Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,425
Send a message via Yahoo to JWMotoring
Nice install pics. Great CAI unit too
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post

Found this yesterday when I got home for lunch. I got from Juiced. Needless to say I didn't want to go back to work.

So, it was out with the old and in with the new. Two bolts and it is out.

There is a big gaping hole where the factory air box used to be.

I was amazed at how well the new air box went in and fit. Then when you look straight down through it, you see where all that cold air comes from. It helps that the washer bottle has been removed, I have no use for it.


The tube and filter fall right into position, it couldn't be easier. The maf was simple and cannot be installed upside upside down as the holes won't line up.

Putting the cover on was the hardest part for me, getting those 1/4 turn screws lined up just right was a small challenge, but I enjoyed every second of this install.

For the final connection I used a piece of braided hose for the breather hose.
I have known for 7 months this was the cold air kit I wanted, but was still impressed by the quality, looks and ease of installation. I can't wait for spring time to try it out!

Thanks to Cold Air Inductions and Jason at Juiced Motorsports!

P.S. This is why I am selling my New Era Intake Pipe.
Thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions!! It looks great, enjoy!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
BigRed585Lbs

 
Drives: GMC, no cars or tractors.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: By Marion, MS
Posts: 1,294
Bill, good installation photos! You ought to send him a t-shirt!
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
Bill, good installation photos! You ought to send him a t-shirt!
The pictures are great, I wish I had some T-shirts left to send!! We are actually having a new T-shirt designed in the next couple of months which should be pretty cool!! Take care!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #12
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,662
Well t-shirt or not, The Camaro looks like it was designed with CAI in mind. It is a natural fit. I looked at some other makes/models with a CAI in them and I am sure they work well, but they don't quite lend themselves to such a perfect fit as the Camaro does.
__________________
BMR, CAI, DynoMax, Elite Eng., Hurst, Jannetty, Clear Image Headers & Hi Flow cats, Jet Hot, LSR, TSW, VMax, Vredestein
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 22,061
i need to order a CAI inake.!
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
i need to order a CAI inake.!
Do it now, do not wait, you will love it!
__________________
BMR, CAI, DynoMax, Elite Eng., Hurst, Jannetty, Clear Image Headers & Hi Flow cats, Jet Hot, LSR, TSW, VMax, Vredestein
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unofficial 1/4 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 250 04-01-2014 11:40 AM
Roto-Fab | Engine Covers - S/C | Fuse Relay Cover | Radiator Cover | Billet Oil Cap+ AutoAgenda Exterior Parts & Accessories 14 02-06-2013 09:43 PM
Black CAI Inc. Intakes IN STOCK and ready to ship at Apex Motorsports! Apex Motorsports V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 323 08-09-2012 06:21 PM
Roto-Fab | Cold Air Intakes | Engine Covers | Washer Reservoir Relocation Kit | Fuse+ AutoAgenda V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 7 07-11-2011 07:50 PM
LS3 goes 11`s Bonestock! GMRULZ Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 28 12-08-2008 10:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.