Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways

Old 02-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #698
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
I don't understand why the moderators can't just sticky this so that it's the 4th thread visible when you click on "General Discussion..." I don't get it. This is the best thread on this forum, and it's at the bottom of the pile as it is right now.
Because there is now an entire subforum area called "Pay it Forward." They recognized the popularity of it and realized it deserves it's own area. It's in the member's classifieds!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #699
sleep4fun

Drives: Silver LT/RS: Samantha
And only the people who were involved to begin with know that it is here. If people didn't see it before they don't know what it is and therefor are not going to go looking for it.
sleep4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #700
Ace1USMC

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Because there is now an entire subforum area called "Pay it Forward." They recognized the popularity of it and realized it deserves it's own area. It's in the member's classifieds!
But unless you know to go looking through sub-forums or just really dig around - most people will miss this. In my opinion, this thread should be a sticky - not a sub-forum.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #701
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Personally, I think it's better than a sticky in the general area. When I want something or have something to give away, the first thing I do is look in the member's classifieds area. I have given away more than a few parts as a result of reading the that subforum when someone there has said "does anyone have X part?"

Besides, they can't sticky every popular thread at the top of the general area. That would mean nothing stands out. Also, people need to be willing to cruise the subforums to find things. Again, if everything was in the general area, then no one would find much useful info.

I think there are pretty smart people here on Camaro 5. It'll catch on.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #702
sleep4fun

you have a valid point. However, it still excludes the people who do not know about this thread. If they don't know that this thread exists, most people are not going to look for it. It would be much more sucsessful if it were readyly avalible to everyone. Earlier today someone posted a link to this thread in the general and it had a large responce. One person had no idea where this thread went to, so they were happy to be pointed in the right direction.

What should happen is:
1: The original PIF thread should be remade as a sticky posting the rules of the PIF idea.
2: in the sticky, there should be a link to the current subforum.
3: the sticky should be used for people to post items that they have and to edit when they no longer have them
4: the subforum should be used for specific giveaways or wants such as Bella's hotwheels ZL-1
5: the subforum should be used to post helpful info about shipping or other misc info
6: Thank You's for items in the Sticky should be sent in PMs. TYs for subforum posts can be posted in the thread.
7: "this thread is amazing" type posts should be limited to the subforums as well
8: When asking for an item in the Sticky, do not make a post saying that you want it, just PM them
9: Keep clutter down

thats my .02 what does everyone else think?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #703
MANAWAR

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
The idea is great thing........

Philadelphia Phillies Fan
GPC
MANAWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #704
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
I'm in

I'm all for it !
Old 02-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #705
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep4fun View Post
you have a valid point. However, it still excludes the people who do not know about this thread. If they don't know that this thread exists, most people are not going to look for it. It would be much more sucsessful if it were readyly avalible to everyone. Earlier today someone posted a link to this thread in the general and it had a large responce. One person had no idea where this thread went to, so they were happy to be pointed in the right direction.

What should happen is:
1: The original PIF thread should be remade as a sticky posting the rules of the PIF idea.
2: in the sticky, there should be a link to the current subforum.
3: the sticky should be used for people to post items that they have and to edit when they no longer have them
4: the subforum should be used for specific giveaways or wants such as Bella's hotwheels ZL-1
5: the subforum should be used to post helpful info about shipping or other misc info
6: Thank You's for items in the Sticky should be sent in PMs. TYs for subforum posts can be posted in the thread.
7: "this thread is amazing" type posts should be limited to the subforums as well
8: When asking for an item in the Sticky, do not make a post saying that you want it, just PM them
9: Keep clutter down

thats my .02 what does everyone else think?
1) that doesn't solve the "people don't know where the subforum is" problem. So the actual PIF thread would die and the "sticky" would simply be a list of rules?

2) People don't read the entire sticky. People will complain that they can't find the link.

3) if I have an item to give away (aka Belle's ZL1 hotwheels) you're saying it goes in the PIF thread AND I make a new thread in the subforum? As each PIF item is technically a "specific item" unless someone just wants to give away a garage full of random stuff.

4) see above

5) so just random information about how to ship items? I'm pretty sure we don't need a sticky on "How to ship an item to another member"

6) that's already been discussed

7) so people should make new threads when they want to say "this is awesome"?

8) again, what about all the "specific" items that go into the subforum section. But generally speaking that's already been discussed.

I thought we were doing everyone a favor when we made this it's own subforum. People were complaining that the thread kept getting buried, so we made a subforum. I don't understand why/how you would prefer one singular thread for ALL PIF items. That would become a cluster frick quicker than I can say jimminie cricket. Great example, Belle's ZL1 hotwheels giveaway. I had to clean up SO many posts when that got merged into this thread. Which most people complained that it got merged btw.

IF the people who actually care about PIF kept up the effort etc etc then the subforum won't die. It's like any other subforum, if people participate in it then it stays alive. Otherwise it dies out.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #706
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
We're never satisfied.

Thanks for all you do.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #707
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
1) that doesn't solve the "people don't know where the subforum is" problem. So the actual PIF thread would die and the "sticky" would simply be a list of rules?

2) People don't read the entire sticky. People will complain that they can't find the link.

3) if I have an item to give away (aka Belle's ZL1 hotwheels) you're saying it goes in the PIF thread AND I make a new thread in the subforum? As each PIF item is technically a "specific item" unless someone just wants to give away a garage full of random stuff.

4) see above

5) so just random information about how to ship items? I'm pretty sure we don't need a sticky on "How to ship an item to another member"

6) that's already been discussed

7) so people should make new threads when they want to say "this is awesome"?

8) again, what about all the "specific" items that go into the subforum section. But generally speaking that's already been discussed.

I thought we were doing everyone a favor when we made this it's own subforum. People were complaining that the thread kept getting buried, so we made a subforum. I don't understand why/how you would prefer one singular thread for ALL PIF items. That would become a cluster frick quicker than I can say jimminie cricket. Great example, Belle's ZL1 hotwheels giveaway. I had to clean up SO many posts when that got merged into this thread. Which most people complained that it got merged btw.

IF the people who actually care about PIF kept up the effort etc etc then the subforum won't die. It's like any other subforum, if people participate in it then it stays alive. Otherwise it dies out.
Couldn't you sticky a redirect link to the PIF and list it in the General discussion? I mean when you move threads you can click to where they're moved. So why not a link to redirect? Just sticky "Pay It Forward" when anyone clicks on it,it will go to where its at now. Simple
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #708
sleep4fun

And It is the people that want to pay it forward that are keeping it alive, but the select few people that do post will run out of stuff. For a new member or a member that never saw the original forum will have a hard time finding the PIF assuming they ever find out about it.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #709
BumbleBeeSS2009

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
And only the people who were involved to begin with know that it is here. If people didn't see it before they don't know what it is and therefor are not going to go looking for it.

Quote:
And It is the people that want to pay it forward that are keeping it alive, but the select few people that do post will run out of stuff. For a new member or a member that never saw the original forum will have a hard time finding the PIF assuming they ever find out about it.
Very valid points Sleep... I do feel like this "movement" lost quite a bit of momentum... and it does kinda feel like the same group of people who knew about the original thread are trying to keep it alive, hopefully we get a little more traffic in here... gonna go post a link to the new subforum in all the FL club pages.. If everyone does the same with their own states - it should make this thread become a little more known!

#52325 Delivered 11/07/2009
BumbleBeeSS2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #710
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
I agree it has died a little, that said it is nice to know exactly where to find it. I agree a sticky would of been better, but when we are asking for one thing and the mods were saying another you take the compromise..!

Thats what we got.

Doesn't mean you cant start a random thread to let everyone know "hey we are down here in our little subforum hole"...

Steiger/Tag/GTAHAVIT (Thanks again BTW) answered the call and got us what we fought for...up to us to keep it alive.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #711
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Shirt has been claimed by Out4it. The only question was the shirt size, "may" be a bit too sung for his liking (he actually turned the shirt down for this reason, I appreciate his honesty). If it is too small, the shirt will be auctioned off at a local car show in the spring benefiting St Joseph's Children’s hospital.

Here is a picture of the shirt

Out4it, I probably won’t be able to mail it until Monday, Tuesday if the Giants lose on Sunday!
Got shirt today and it fits!! Thanks Felix! Hopefully everyone who was gifted items will get their gifts and be as happy as I am!!
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #712
2010camarolt

Drives: Victory Red 1LT
recieved the wrench thanks nyrfan
Old 02-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #713
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Thanks for the Blue ZL1 BowtieBelle, looks great with my small collection:

Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #714
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4it View Post
Got shirt today and it fits!! Thanks Felix! Hopefully everyone who was gifted items will get their gifts and be as happy as I am!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010camarolt View Post
recieved the wrench thanks nyrfan
Enjoy guys!!