Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways

Old 02-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #732
Rencor

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
This thread is staring to take too many turns with all the requirement being added. I've paid forward and could care less if the person who received what I sent could afford it. I felt good giving away what I wasn't using to somebody who wanted and will use it. That's my high!

This started out by simply helping each other out with stuff that is lying around and not being used. I think it should be kept that way. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #733
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rencor View Post
This thread is staring to take too many turns with all the requirement being added. I've paid forward and could care less if the person who received what I sent could afford it. I felt good giving away what I wasn't using to somebody who wanted and will use it. That's my high!

This started out by simply helping each other out with stuff that is lying around and not being used. I think it should be kept that way. Just my 2 cents.
My thoughts exactly. Thank you I like to give things to people because they want it and can use it. Not because they can't afford it. This isn't a welfare thread. I have given just about all of my stock parts away to other poeple because they want them. I like to help my freinds out when they need something & they help me out. That is what this thread should be about. I love this thread and I hope I can find more things to put on here.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #734
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNMyTeeth View Post
My thoughts exactly. Thank you I like to give things to people because they want it and can use it. Not because they can't afford it. This isn't a welfare thread. I have given just about all of my stock parts away to other poeple because they want them. I like to help my freinds out when they need something & they help me out. That is what this thread should be about. I love this thread and I hope I can find more things to put on here.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #735
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
sending out AAC headlight halos to Birm today.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #736
Rencor

Don't get me wrong now.....If I see somebody taking SS parts when their avitar shows a V6, I'm gonna call 'em out on it though. People giving away should do "basic vetting".....
Old 02-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #737
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Don't get me wrong now.....If I see somebody taking SS parts when their avitar shows a V6, I'm gonna call 'em out on it though. People giving away should do "basic vetting".....
Thanks for the PM, I'm going to follow your your advice!
Old 02-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #738
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
sending out AAC headlight halos to Birm today.
Thanks again!!!!! And thanks for the advise
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #739
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Dumb. SS parts fit on a V6. i.e. springs,shocks,etc. What we should be calling out is people who SAY they are sending out items and don't. I believe if thats the requirements he wants for that item,so be it. Some people want postage,same thing,a requirement. My .02
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #740
Rencor

Dumb? Hmmm....

Was only a point I was trying to get accross. You can keep your sarcasim and put it where the sun doesn't shine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4it View Post
Dumb. SS parts fit on a V6. i.e. springs,shocks,etc. What we should be calling out is people who SAY they are sending out items and don't. I believe if thats the requirements he wants for that item,so be it. Some people want postage,same thing,a requirement. My .02
Old 02-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #741
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4it View Post
I think Rencor was referring to parts that were not interchangable. Also I agree about the sending part, if you tell someone you're going to send an item, send it!

Quote:
Dumb? Hmmm....

Was only a point I was trying to get accross. You can keep your sarcasim and put it where the sun doesn't shine!
Guys, lets not fight. I think we all have the same objective, to keep this great thread going and to weed out the hoarders and/or fly by night grabbers!
Old 02-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #742
Out4it
Banned

Quote:
Dumb? Hmmm....

Not sarcasim. Just my opinion. You get to have yours,and me,mine. Thats the beauty of it!
Old 02-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #743
Out4it
Banned

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with that. But if someone feels he could help more by giving it to someone who can't afford it,so be it. Afterall,its his item. How you would prove that is another thing. Some people want shipping. Thats their right as well. I don't think you can say what someone else should do. The OP believes one thing. I believe in another,etc. And thats cool. But not everyone believes the same thing. Not fighting,just stating my opinion to whats been posted. Just like you have. Whats wrong with that?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #744
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Felix, I'm leaving it as-is, in box

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #745
Ace1USMC

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Here's my thoughts and why I made the stipulation that I did.

I see guys that have $10k in mods trying to get a freebie - there's nothing wrong with that - but if that freebie can go to someone that maybe can't spend another dime on luxuries like mods on their car because they have to pay for braces for the kids, and buy groceries for a family, etc - then I feel that's a MUCH better thing to do with my stuff. Maybe some guys and gals out there can just swing the payment for their SS, but not much more, so therefore can't even consider a mod...well, if I can help them in some small way, then personally, I feel much better about helping that person than the person with the $7,000 Procharger set up already on their car.

What it boils down to is HELPING people - not just giving stuff away. I haven't asked for a thing on here because I'm blessed enough to be able to buy just about anything I want for my car. If someone wants to bless me, then I'm not gonna turn them down - but I wouldn't feel right (personally) about getting something for free that I could just as easily pay for WHEN THERE MIGHT BE SOMEONE ELSE THAT CAN'T AFFORD IT, AND THEREFORE, I WOULD BE TAKING SOMETHING THAT THEY MIGHT OTHERWISE NEVER BE ABLE TO GET. That's all. That's why I asked anyone that might PM me, to FIRST ask themselves "please ask yourself if you are capable of buying one on your own. If you are, then don't ask for this one. I'd like it to go to someone who maybe can't afford to do to many mods on their car - not for those of us that have the financial means and don't need the help." I was surprised at how many people clearly disregarded my request. And then surprised at the insults I got after that. Oh well.

Sam
Old 02-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #746
Out4it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post

I see guys that have $10k in mods trying to get a freebie - there's nothing wrong with that - but if that freebie can go to someone that maybe can't spend another dime on luxuries like mods on their car because they have to pay for braces for the kids, and buy groceries for a family, etc - then I feel that's a MUCH better thing to do with my stuff. Maybe some guys and gals out there can just swing the payment for their SS, but not much more, so therefore can't even consider a mod...well, if I can help them in some small way, then personally, I feel much better about helping that person than the person with the $7,000 Procharger set up already on their car.

What it boils down to is HELPING people - not just giving stuff away. I haven't asked for a thing on here because I'm blessed enough to be able to buy just about anything I want for my car. If someone wants to bless me, then I'm not gonna turn them down - but I wouldn't feel right (personally) about getting something for free that I could just as easily pay for WHEN THERE MIGHT BE SOMEONE ELSE THAT CAN'T AFFORD IT, AND THEREFORE, I WOULD BE TAKING SOMETHING THAT THEY MIGHT OTHERWISE NEVER BE ABLE TO GET. That's all. That's why I asked anyone that might PM me, to FIRST ask themselves "please ask yourself if you are capable of buying one on your own. If you are, then don't ask for this one. I'd like it to go to someone who maybe can't afford to do to many mods on their car - not for those of us that have the financial means and don't need the help." I was surprised at how many people clearly disregarded my request. And then surprised at the insults I got after that. Oh well.

Sam
+100 Sometimes you have to consider the source of the comments.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #747
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post

Sam

I totally agree, it is your item and you can give it to whoever you want. i wish i was fortunate enough with money so I could drop $6,000 on a supercharger but I'm 22 and all the money i work for goes straight to my graduate school education and bills so money is pretty tight. And that is why I love this thread, it gives me some hope to help out with my vision of making my camaro that much better and one of a kind.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #748
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I totally agree, it is your item and you can give it to whoever you want. i wish i was fortunate enough with money so I could drop $6,000 on a supercharger but I'm 22 and all the money i work for goes straight to my graduate school education and bills so money is pretty tight. And that is why I love this thread, it gives me some hope to help out with my vision of making my camaro that much better and one of a kind.
I feel ya man. I'm 23, got a new house, 1 1/2 yr old daughter, my car, wife's car, and baby sitting money to pay. Which means I don't have a lot of mod money, but that doesn't mean the mod bug isn't there!

That's also why I love this thread and this community, people are always looking to help others out. Hope it picks up again, it was going very well at the beginning.