Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
BC C5 Camaro Think Tank

I started this thread for BC C5ers to throw out some ideas for cruises and get together's for 2012. Feel free to throw out some idea's. I'll get it started.

1. Cruise down Chuckanuant Drive to Annacortes WA. Beautiful scenery along the coast. Lot's to do and see and the Rockfish Brew Pub and Grill for lunch. (Some time in May)

2. Dick's Burger Drive Inn Meet and Greet with the PNWC group March 31st.

3. Peach City Beach Cruise and Car Show in Penticton. (3rd weekend in June)www.peachcitybeachcruise.com

4. XXX Drive Inn All Chevy Show in Issaquah WA. (2nd weekend in July

5. BC/Alberta Meet and Greet July 21,22 http://www.hillcresthotel.com/index.html

6. August Cruise (Yet to be determined)

7. A track day at The Ridge. (Sheltan WA)

8. Friday Night Sreet Legals at MRP

9. Cruisin The Dub in Maple Ridge. Thursday nights

10. Langley cruise Inn. September

Don't be shy to throw out a idea here and there.

__________________

Last edited by Merc; 03-15-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
iceman5730
Iceman
 
iceman5730's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT SC/RS CGM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chilliwack British Columbia Canada
Posts: 574
How about GTO,s idea of Baff /Jasper long weekend cruise in Aug or even July
iceman5730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5730 View Post
How about GTO,s idea of Baff /Jasper long weekend cruise in Aug or even July
That would be an over nighter there and back? Alberta crew does a cruise there I think. Maybe we could hook up with them for a Meet and Greet.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
GreenXTC
Russ & Laurel
 
GreenXTC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy Green #1837
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kamloops, B.C.
Posts: 90
I am in for some things to do this summer. great idea's so far
__________________
"Life is a Highway... I wanna drive it... ALL DAY LONG!"
GreenXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenXTC View Post
I am in for some things to do this summer. great idea's so far
It's a start, I know we all can't make them all, but we should be able to get some cars together a few times this summer. I'll help organize either way.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Almost forgot there is the Langley Cruise In in early September as well.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #7
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
That would be an over nighter there and back? Alberta crew does a cruise there I think. Maybe we could hook up with them for a Meet and Greet.

I think I speak for a lot of the Alberta people when I say that would be most enjoyable! I might now be able to make it due to being off work the last few months, but maybe... I'm sure the others would love to! They're always up for a cruise! `
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
I think I speak for a lot of the Alberta people when I say that would be most enjoyable! I might now be able to make it due to being off work the last few months, but maybe... I'm sure the others would love to! They're always up for a cruise! `
I'm sure the photo op's would be cool, not to mention the Meet & Greet for an evening.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #9
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
A couple of us were actually discussing a cruise to B.C. They took one down to the States last year as well. I couldn't make that one as I was going into the hospital. They had an amazing time!

Lots of photo op's in both Provinces! And you just know the Meet & Greet would be awesome! LOL
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #10
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
A couple of us were actually discussing a cruise to B.C. They took one down to the States last year as well. I couldn't make that one as I was going into the hospital. They had an amazing time!

Lots of photo op's in both Provinces! And you just know the Meet & Greet would be awesome! LOL
What time of the year is your Banff Cruise? Parking lot Meet and Greet are always a hoot.

__________________

Last edited by Merc; 01-10-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #11
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
It was June 18th last year. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153519

And it rained. :(

But still had a good time. June is always rainy in Alberta. Sometimes into July, but last year July was really good. It would be an added bonus if we could avoid rain. LOL
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #12
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
It was June 18th last year. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153519

And it rained. :(

But still had a good time. June is always rainy in Alberta. Sometimes into July, but last year July was really good. It would be an added bonus if we could avoid rain. LOL
Pumpkin does not like rain at all. Was looking at Google map, maybe we could find a new spot to meet, some what in the middle.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #13
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
Since you're coming from Abbotsford, I personally think it would only be fair to meet you guys and gals in the middle.

I should get you talking to Meltdownaverted. She helped organize the last one. I'm not much of an organizor.

She loves driving too, so I'm sure she would love a trip like that!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #14
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,620
Revelstoke might be 1/2 way? They have a street show each summer. We could have our own street for the meet and greet.
__________________
CAMARO.. 2010 The Heart Beat is back in CHEVROLET
Now let's put it back in America
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #15
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
I was pulled over by two nice RCMP in Revelstoke in 2009 when I had my black 2010 2LT/RS. Ended up all they wanted to do was look, touch and talk. LOL
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #16
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Since you're coming from Abbotsford, I personally think it would only be fair to meet you guys and gals in the middle.

I should get you talking to Meltdownaverted. She helped organize the last one. I'm not much of an organizor.

She loves driving too, so I'm sure she would love a trip like that!
A good majority of Maro's would come from Greater Vancouver, picking up steam with cars from the interior of BC along the way. July might be the best bet, don't want to compete with C5F III on the August long weekend. I still might fly into C5F III just for the Hotel Parking Lot Meet & Greet. But in the long run it's not about me I'll help organize either way. Hooking up the two groups anually would be very cool.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #17
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Revelstoke might be 1/2 way? They have a street show each summer. We could have our own street for the meet and greet.
Nice. That could work.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #18
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
A good majority of Maro's would come from Greater Vancouver, picking up steam with cars from the interior of BC along the way. July might be the best bet, don't want to compete with C5F III on the August long weekend. I still might fly into C5F III just for the Hotel Parking Lot Meet & Greet. But in the long run it's not about me I'll help organize either way. Hooking up the two groups anually would be very cool.

I agree. An annual meet & greet would be a lot of fun! Like I said, Meltdownaverted is an awesome woman and did a great job of helping organize for last year. If you contact her, I'm sure she would be more than willing to rally all the Alberta people. We had the Calgary Camaro Club join us last year. It was a blast!

Actually, Kray helped organize too. She is also a lot of fun! A real blast to be around.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #19
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Revelstoke might be 1/2 way? They have a street show each summer. We could have our own street for the meet and greet.
Your in the Chuckanaut Drive area frequently. What do you think about that day trip? Sure we could round up some Maro's for that.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #20
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
I agree. An annual meet & greet would be a lot of fun! Like I said, Meltdownaverted is an awesome woman and did a great job of helping organize for last year. If you contact her, I'm sure she would be more than willing to rally all the Alberta people. We had the Calgary Camaro Club join us last year. It was a blast!

Actually, Kray helped organize too. She is also a lot of fun! A real blast to be around.
Maybe you could shoot Meltdown a PM to check out this thread and get the ball rolling. Not to mention the rest of the Rose province to follow the thread.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #21
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
I have PM'd Layla and will get the rest of the group to start thinking on this as well. I really do think they will love the idea. And if there is ANY WAY at all for me to make it, I will def be there!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #22
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Your in the Chuckanaut Drive area frequently. What do you think about that day trip? Sure we could round up some Maro's for that.

I am down there a lot....and the WSP are seen picking on BC plates for the easy money. They know we will not show in court. We may have more ' fun ' on this side of the border and the Coq is a open stretch.
__________________
CAMARO.. 2010 The Heart Beat is back in CHEVROLET
Now let's put it back in America
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #23
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
I am down there a lot....and the WSP are seen picking on BC plates for the easy money. They know we will not show in court. We may have more ' fun ' on this side of the border and the Coq is a open stretch.
We could just cruise and enjoy, then they would not be a factor. I have that drive on the bucket list.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #24
Heliwrench
 
Heliwrench's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Langley BC
Posts: 672
I'm down for the issaquah cruise in July and the bc/alberta one if it's scheduled close to that one.
__________________
2010 Black 1SS LS3 M6
Power: Kook's 1 7/8" Long Tubes and 3" Exhaust, Injen Full Length CAI, Jannetty Tune
Drivetrain: MGW Short Shifter, Street Slayer Twin Clutch, DSS 1 Piece Aluminum Driveshaft, DSS 1000HP Axles, BMR Pro and Delrin Diff Bushings
Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
Chassis: Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings
Exterior:: Shine by Adam's.
...and plenty more
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #25
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwrench View Post
I'm down for the issaquah cruise in July and the bc/alberta one if it's scheduled close to that one.
Sounds good. Took a drive to Annacortes yesterday to check out Northwest Brewery Supplies and purchase yeast and hops. That would would be a good day trip. Lot's to see there, then we could do Chuckanaut Drive.


__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gran Turismo 5... No Camaro? 5thGenOwner 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 111 12-06-2011 10:06 AM
Installation Camaro Needed for Manual for a Justice Install Package in SF Bay Area Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - California 6 04-30-2010 08:02 PM
Drag Racing Suspension Kits Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 25 02-21-2010 08:48 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.