Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
pears2

Drives: 2011 Black/Silver Synergy Series
Water Wetter?

I used "Water Wetter" in the radiator of a 73 Corvette I owned a few years ago. It brought the anti-freeze temperature down about 20 degrees. Has anyone used this type of product in the 5th Gen?
pears2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
I run it. No problems
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS NITROUS KIT
CMGS METHANOL INJECTION

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER
CIRCLE D 2800 TCFLEX PLATE /ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
LPE 3.70 GEARS/JRE POSI MOD
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST/ TEST PIPES
SQUASH RETURN STYLE E85 FS/ID 850's
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

Killing mustangs,because the good Lord wants me to

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
I did a ton of research on it and came to the conclusion that in anything less than a full on track car that runs water only it is a waste of time/money. Also found that some brands are complete snake oil and a small few can actually damage your cooling system.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Water wetter, purple ice, etc. are excellent products and help lubricate the water pump and add to the anti corrosive properties of the anti freeze. Antifreeze does NOT do well at heat transfer so it will help for sure but works best water & additive only with just 10-20% antifreeze if you live where temps are never at a hard freeze. Up north you have no choice.

In water to air intercoolers applications we run it always and the result is dramatic.

Just remember that the more antifreeze in your coolant mix the less able the system is to remove heat but it is CRITICAL to alway have the proper mixture to avoid freezing damage if you live in a cold climate. Here in FL we use very little and watter wetter or purple ice.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote