Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 01-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Laguna Seca track day with HOD: Thursday, April 12th

I'm signing up!

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event...Drive!_4-12-12

92db sound level. If your car's louder than a lawnmower, you'll get booted off.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
evilbeef54
tail lights for u

Drives: Bumble Bee 2010 2SS/RS
yeah LS is a PITA about that, damn rich people, i know for track days with bikes you have to have the stock exhaust system installed, I miss AZ :(
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RY M6- LOVIN' it
Kooks LT's & HFC's, Flowmaster Single chamber mufflers, C.A.I. Intake, ADM Scoop, Rotofab w/w relocate

Semper Paratus

You have to go out You don't have to come back!!!
evilbeef54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
Chevyg1rl

HOD runs Infineon too, no db restrictions there. Check out their site. I ran that track a few times last year. Hoping to get track time at least once a month this year as soon as the rain is gone. Definitely gonna hit Thunderhill, too.

Other HPDE groups are okay, but I prefer HOD.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
evilbeef54
tail lights for u

Drives: Bumble Bee 2010 2SS/RS
yeah, LS is the only one in the area that has noise restrictions i believe, everyone out here is still crazy expensive mostly though
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RY M6- LOVIN' it
Kooks LT's & HFC's, Flowmaster Single chamber mufflers, C.A.I. Intake, ADM Scoop, Rotofab w/w relocate

Semper Paratus

You have to go out You don't have to come back!!!
evilbeef54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #5
Falundir

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition SS
Hmm I wonder what my exhaust is at...
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Wont be able to make this one obviously bcause of the freakin noise level!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
Chevyg1rl

evilbeef - you may be able to get on Infineon with NASA for under $200 or maybe just over. I think one of my track days with them was $225 at Infineon.

Falunder - long tube headers - sorry, dude!

pyr0b0y - um... yeah. Just teasin' ya
Old 01-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
TCorzett
Fish out of Water

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
I need to get my car out on track. I will definitely be doing a HOD event, and it will be good to know some people there.

-Todd...
TCorzett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
Chevyg1rl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCorzett View Post
I need to get my car out on track. I will definitely be doing a HOD event, and it will be good to know some people there.

-Todd...
Let me know when you're gonna be back in the bay area and I'll scout the sites for available dates at Thunderhill or Infineon.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
TCorzett
Fish out of Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
Let me know when you're gonna be back in the bay area and I'll scout the sites for available dates at Thunderhill or Infineon.
'sigh... if I only knew

I have all of the HOD, Trackmasters, NCRC, etc. track days entered in my calendar. Every weekend I sit in my hotel wishing I was home driving my car... and the Kia Optima rental isn't helping! lol - that sounded really bad

I'm actually going to try and be home for a two-day event at Thunderhill (March 17-18, April 26-27, etc.). I just need to schedule when... maybe I can get a couple of the GTO guys interested as well. Unfortunately I will not have my track wheels, harness bar & race seat, etc... just no time to get it all sorted-out when I'm on the road.

-Todd...
Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #11
Falundir

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition SS
Quote:
'sigh... if I only knew

I have all of the HOD, Trackmasters, NCRC, etc. track days entered in my calendar. Every weekend I sit in my hotel wishing I was home driving my car... and the Kia Optima rental isn't helping! lol - that sounded really bad

I'm actually going to try and be home for a two-day event at Thunderhill (March 17-18, April 26-27, etc.). I just need to schedule when... maybe I can get a couple of the GTO guys interested as well. Unfortunately I will not have my track wheels, harness bar & race seat, etc... just no time to get it all sorted-out when I'm on the road.

-Todd...
Last year I was on the road 209 days. Armed with this information I went to my rental car provider, Avis, and simply said if they want to keep me that I want a Camaro issued whenever I make a reservation. Guess what I always get now =). So give it a try if you travel often.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #12
TCorzett
Fish out of Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
Last year I was on the road 209 days. Armed with this information I went to my rental car provider, Avis, and simply said if they want to keep me that I want a Camaro issued whenever I make a reservation. Guess what I always get now =). So give it a try if you travel often.
Last year I was on the road ~340 days... been on the road every day this year. I had v6 and v8 Mustangs... several 4WD Jeeps (awesome in a blizzard), etc. Now that there is a chance for snow/ice I will likely get a RWD car for practicing my oversteer techniques (or another 4WD to find some mud). For the most part I get decent cars (I complain a bunch when I get stuck in crappy cars), but this last time there were very limited options.

-Todd...

PS - A Kia with bald tires can be fun in the rain/snow... just need to get the speed up before inducing a slide
Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
'sigh... if I only knew

-Todd...
thunderhill's a fun course; theres an event on Feb 4th if your interested.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #14
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
I'm signing up!

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event...Drive!_4-12-12

92db sound level. If your car's louder than a lawnmower, you'll get booted off.
..... prob one of the finest tracks on the west coast and....GAH!...well looks like im stuck with having to drive it on Forza for now lol!