Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 01-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Neozyne

Drives: Cyber Gray SS
Freezing Windows - Solutions?

I'm sure many of you guys may be running into this issue. In the mornings I go to fire my car up but I can't even get into my car because the windows are frozen and wont drop. OR if they do drop a little bit or the door opens and window stays up, when I go to close the door im in fear of the window shattering or tearing the weather stripping out.

I'd love to get a auto starter for winter/summer but have a 6MT. Anyone know any solutions to not damaging my car.. I've been driving with my car door not closed all the way until i can roll the window down a bit and close it completely. A bit annoying- And on top of that I dont want the seals to break and then get that wonderful wind whistle while driving my car around this summer.

Neozyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Ph4r
Top Down Fun

Drives: 11 2SS/RS IOM Vert
Take this serious or as a joke, but if you have a coupe, leave the backseat down and climb through the trunk?

Or carry a Ice Scraper into the house at night and back out with you in the morning and clean the window jambs before getting in?

Daily Driver: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT/RS - SIM, Manual 6Speed also! Thanks to BeckyD!
Ph4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Use Jig-a-Loo on the wheather strip. I't will prevent the ice from sticking.
Name:  jig1.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  39.0 KB
Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Neozyne

Drives: Cyber Gray SS
Thanks, I'll check for that or somthing like it at the store this week.

@phar: Its not ice forming on the window (there wasnt any this morning) its the weather stripping freezing to the window I believe.
Neozyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neozyne View Post
Thanks, I'll check for that or somthing like it at the store this week.

@phar: Its not ice forming on the window (there wasnt any this morning) its the weather stripping freezing to the window I believe.

I have same prob with my Charger,nothing worse than lighting up a smoke and not being able to open window
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Yes the glass is freezing to the bottom weather strip. So here is how I go about it.

I have just been pulling my door open. The glass will clear the trim when opening the door. Start car crank defrost and gently close the door watching glass not to hit the upper trim. Have my morning smoke and everything is de iced as well as the frozen weather strip. Sucks but what the hell can a guy do. I like the crawl through the trunk idea. Never though of that one.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
Cyber/Orange10

Drives: 2010 2SS 96 CE LT4, 90 Beretta Indy
Send a message via AIM to Cyber/Orange10
I use Griot's vinyl and rubber dressing on all weatherstripping and never have any problem. Or you can use dielectric grease also, both keep the rubber from sticking and keep it soft. My $.02
Cyber/Orange10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber/Orange10 View Post
I use Griot's vinyl and rubber dressing on all weatherstripping and never have any problem. Or you can use dielectric grease also, both keep the rubber from sticking and keep it soft. My $.02
I have a friend that swears by that Griot's vinyl and rubber dressing stuff.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #9
kevin1106

Drives: 2014 3LT-Z51 Vert
I just use adams VRT on mine. Never been a problem for me.. Could be too that my garage is heated and My car never sees bad weather... lol.
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote