Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
RX Breather - observations

First of all let me say that I tried a typical VC breather on my Impala SS and it took my very well tuned LTFTs from near 0 to +16 and I'm not sure I would have had enough MAF scaling available to compensate for the now introduce umetered airflow.

I received the RX breather for the LS3 a few days ago and did some testing on my Camaro. First of all, the breather with the check valve is nicely done, plus Tracy includes vacuum caps to seal off the air bridge

My car has a VMax TB, Vararam intake, SOLO highflow cats, and a stock tune. The numbers are as follows.

Stock LTFTs B1/B2

Idle +3.1/+5.4
Cruise +3.1/+1.5
WOT 0/-1.5

With RX Breather

Idle +3.1/+4.6
Cruise +4.9/+2.3
WOT +3.1/+3.9

All in all way closer to stock than I expected. Yes I need a tune, but I needed one before. WOT was effected the most. The temps were much colder today than yesterday's stock scans so that could tighten the numbers up some more.

I really like the RX breather with the Vararam because it allowed me to get rid of the coupler with the fresh air hose. Vararam was nice enough to send me a coupler without the hole.

Like the RX catch can, the RX breather is great for those that need one.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
solo3445

Drives: My SS2................
Sound good . Can wait to get my in the mail today for rx.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Update: For some reason my engine seems to like the breather. I thought it just my imagination but after 200+ miles since installing I'm fairly confident that the idle has smoothed a bit. Power or throttle response feels like it has increased too. Could be related to the below numbers.

My LTFT's have settled in at +7.0/+5.6 at WOT. I guess the STFT's were still making adjustments and the reason the initial LTFT's were lower. Idle and cruise number have gone more positive as well.

Knowing that nearly everyone wanting or needing to go to a breather will have already commited to tuning, this won't be a big deal.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Send a message via Yahoo to dynosteve
we have fitted a couple in the shop as well and have had great results with them tracy does great work
www.rdpstore.com Ph: 440 358 5500 or 440 251 8571 SLP / Kooks / SCT / Diablosport / Cold Air Inductions / Whipple / Vortech / TruTrac /Edelbrock / Fore Innovations / DSS / Hayes / Turbonetics / Vredestein / Borla / Maganflow / Corsa / Stainless Works / Hotchkis / EBC / Magnuson / Airaid / Whiteline /Fore Innovations / Snow /Trickflow / Moroso / Hp Tuners / Brembo / Rotofab and much much more
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote