Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Forced Induction

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #15
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
what's the difference between street and competition versions?

Street there is no way to turn off cabin AC to stop condensation from leaking on track so there is less wiring no switch inside or LED. Street when AC is on Chiller is on thatís it. With Competition you leave AC switch and fan on but a toggle switch turns Freon off to cabin and LED lights up so you just get ambient air out vents. Competition is the way to go unless you never track car, it would cost more to convert later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasycz28 View Post
Whats the lead time?

7 days lead time as of now to ship a kit, Ĺ down will secure sale price as long as it posts by 2/20
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #16
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post

Competition is the way to go unless you never track car, it would cost more to convert later.

that might be a possibility because I have never taken my car to the track nor do I plan on doing so.

we'll talk about it on Saturday when I see you.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #17
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
that might be a possibility because I have never taken my car to the track nor do I plan on doing so.

we'll talk about it on Saturday when I see you.
I would save the $ then and get the Street. I need to know ASAP since I dont have a Street ready. No one has ever bought one for a Camaro. Either is fine with me just give me finall decision. Thanks Dave

Update:
Bumblebee is getting Competition version today!

Last edited by TrekGTO; 02-05-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #18
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS A8
I am ready to buy a "Competition" chiller for my 2010 SS...and I have a Kenne Bell Supercharger.
I will send you a PM in a few minutes.
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #19
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
I am ready to buy a "Competition" chiller for my 2010 SS...and I have a Kenne Bell Supercharger.
I will send you a PM in a few minutes.
Thanks got your PM. Have you seen G200Pilot install thread here? He has the first KB install, if you were up for a drive to Fl the free install could be yours.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
TrekGTO

Bumblebee
Old 02-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: Mini Cooper S
as Dave said, he installed my super chiller yesterday. so far so good.

I never would have imagined there would be so much work installing this system. Dave busted his butt getting my Bumblebee super chilled and so far everything works great. you wouldn't believe how cold the coolant is that's running through my Maggie 2300. I'm looking forward to the summertime here in central FL where the temps can be pretty brutal. heat soak should no longer be an issue with my TVS2300.

I can't give exact temp numbers because we didn't get a chance to install the digital temp gauge that's included in the kit. however, I can tell you the Maggie heat exchanger feels pretty cold to the touch. kind of reminds me when you put your hand on an A/C condenser. it's obviously the same principle just wouldn't expect those kinds of temps on the heat exchanger of a super charger.

overall I think it's a great investment for anyone that's running any supercharger with a liquid heat exchanger. this system can do nothing but good things for S/Ced apps.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #22
TrekGTO

Only about a week left for sale price. I got schooled on the Transformer Camaro and Ozie got schooled on how to build and install a Super Chiller. I was so far behind his kit was not ready so he had to wait while I assembled kit and did the install. Special thanks to Ozie for being so patient. After having my tools dumped over at last shop I didnít realize how many things were missing until I needed them. Itís a lot moving and setting up a shop for one person to handle. I hope Iím better prepared now. I have shop time available now but have a Cadillac XLR-V running 23lb boost coming from St Louis, MO on the 27th for a custom 1 off Super Chiller and a list of work that will take some time. Still one Free Install left So book now and be ready for the summer.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
Thanks got your PM. Have you seen G200Pilot install thread here? He has the first KB install, if you were up for a drive to Fl the free install could be yours.
Ahh, its ok..I enjoy doing all my installs. I also have a larger heat exchanger (from Torq) and a ZL1 front bumper kit to install at the same time.
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Ahh, its ok..I enjoy doing all my installs. I also have a larger heat exchanger (from Torq) and a ZL1 front bumper kit to install at the same time.
I donít recommend the larger heat exchanger with a Super Chiller. It wonít hurt anything but when AC/Chiller are on heat exchanger is bypassed. Actually when AC turns off automatically at WOT larger heat exchanger will add more heat to the refrigerated water. You will get better results with standard install.

The Super Chiller mounting has not been tested with the ZL1 bumper cover. It is close to fog light on a SS, on a V6 standard mounting hits fog light so it wonít fit. It is possible to reverse brackets to move Chiller several inches to rear without causing any problems with the rest of the kit. That is something I have been planning on trying but just havenít had time.

These kits are tailor made for each application. I understand many people donít mind having to modify things when they want something different than the next guy. But as far as larger heat exchanger we put a lot of research into performance and larger heat exchanger is not the way to go. Thatís why we have the automatic diverter valve. Personally Iím taking the heat exchanger off my GTO when I change cam and just rely on Super Chiller.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #25
TrekGTO

This is last weekend for sale price and summer heat will be here soon enough. Monday is deadline to save $100. 50% deposit to Paypal will secure sale price. AI Super Chiller is proven to provide lowest IAT of any product flat! Soon to find its way onto Dallas Performance Twin Turbo Lamborghinis.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 02-17-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #26
TrekGTO

OK this is deadline to save $100 on Super Chiller. 50% deposit to Paypal will secure sale price.
Just ask anyone already running AI Super Chiller!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #27
TrekGTO

I am extending Sale until 2/29/12 as a 2/29 special! Come on members only 2 Camaro kits sold in a month. Just ask anyone that already Chills you just can’t beat it. One year guarantee on parts/one year on install if by authorized installer. There is still one FREE install up for grabs. Again 50% down locks in sale price.
But that’s it for the $100 off as off 3/1/12 Free shipping on any Super Chiller Kit until 3/31/12.

Special shout out to GizmoQ from St Louis MO. Good luck and be safe at Friday race at PBIR.
His XLR V with over 26lb boost will be here Saturday for custom Super Chiller and some other work that should wake that thing up with lower IATs

This has been one Crazy week. My life long friend/land lords Super Duty Power Stroke broke down no start and one of his vans got hit that are needed for his Plumbing business. I had to stop everything figure out what was wrong and fix it. Which among other things meant a new fuel pump and new pick up inside fuel tank. I also found out Lift has to be moved back about a ft so that meant I could only lift truck half way and work bent over.

I’m spending $350 hr for tax Attorney, missed work on day job and between Truck and getting all documents in order stayed up till about 3AM every night.
On the other hand Attorney has me hooked up. I now have sourced supplier for every part I buy and setup whole sale accounts. Shipping Account squared away and sourced shops for most of my CNC work.
Long anticipated GTO Super Chiller Adapters are a beautiful thing!

TREK OUT and back to work.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 02-25-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #28
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Do you have any thoughts about use on a road course? I would like to get one for the V but I hit the road course a lot more than the drag strip.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote