Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Matt8892

Drives: 2010 2ss RS. White (RIP) 2012 LS3
Exclamation Sway Bay Upgrade???

Anyone upgrade only their sway bar on an SS and do nothing else to the suspension? Is it worth the money or is the OEM one sufficient? My mind says most things aftermarket are going to be an improvement over factory equipment.
Matt8892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
You will see a big improvement from upgrading your sway bars. They are one of the biggest bang for your buck suspension upgrades for these cars.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
alybudhwani

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Aqua Metallic Blue
i just put on hotchkis front and rear sway bars and they feel amazing, my cars a DD and as of right now i dont need anything else suspension wise. maybe later though... but honestly from driving the sways for 1 day i love the difference and think thats really all i need cause i never take it to the track, but i do drive aggressively sometimes

check out my build
seriously though...
alybudhwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
We have the been using the Pedders sway bar kits and they are a great upgrade not to mention they are a GMMP part,so your GM warranty will still be good.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@raymondsperformance View Post
We have the been using the Pedders sway bar kits and they are a great upgrade not to mention they are a GMMP part,so your GM warranty will still be good.
I was told by someone I know who works at a dealership in this area that performance parts that can be obtained thru GM from a dealership or from GM direct are considered complete warranty by GM. So buying a GMPP part from a third party doesn't cut it.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
I was told by someone I know who works at a dealership in this area that performance parts that can be obtained thru GM from a dealership or from GM direct are considered complete warranty by GM. So buying a GMPP part from a third party doesn't cut it.
We upgrade new camaro's for the local Gm dealer all of the time and they have had no problem with the warranty,actually thats why they wanted Pedders parts.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
bannonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@raymondsperformance View Post
We upgrade new camaro's for the local Gm dealer all of the time and they have had no problem with the warranty,actually thats why they wanted Pedders parts.
Sounds like you're doing the work for a dealer on his behalf. My point is that if I buy it from a vendor and install it, it's not covered. I would have to have a dealer or someone authorized by them to do the install correct?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Pedders supplies the bars, bushes and endlinks for the GMPP Camaro Sway Bar Kits and they are covered under Pedders warranty. If you purchase your GMPP bar set from Bruce and you Camaro is denied warranty by a GM dealer because of your new Pedders bar set, call me. Pete Basica, President Pedders USA, LLC. My office is 248.522.8021 and my mobile is 616.834.8100
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
bannonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Pedders supplies the bars, bushes and endlinks for the GMPP Camaro Sway Bar Kits and they are covered under Pedders warranty. If you purchase your GMPP bar set from Bruce and you Camaro is denied warranty by a GM dealer because of your new Pedders bar set, call me. Pete Basica, President Pedders USA, LLC. My office is 248.522.8021 and my mobile is 616.834.8100
The wording is this thread is somewhat unclear. My point is that Bruce states "they are a GMMP part,so your GM warranty will still be good." That seems to imply that the GM warranty on the car is being applied to a GMPP part. I don't think that's the case. Your Pedders warranty covers Pedders parts, not GMs warranty correct? All that really means is that you won't affect your GM warranty by installing a GMPP part. But the warranty for that part is covered separately by the manufacturer's warranty of that GMPP part. And does it matter if I do the install or my local performance guy who is not an authorized Pedders installer? My impression is yes it matters from what I have been told.

Pedders is not the only GMPP maker around. So just because maybe you have influence with GM doesn't mean all those other guys do too.

Last edited by bannonm; 01-24-2012 at 08:57 PM.
bannonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
You just got the word directly from the president of Peders USA. I can tell you first hand, Petes word is golden. So fear not and mod away!
Just make sure the parts are installed according to the instructions and you will have no issues. Do something silly like using an impact on the top strut mount shaft......well no one warrants supidity.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #11
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
The wording is this thread is somewhat unclear. My point is that Bruce states "they are a GMMP part,so your GM warranty will still be good." That seems to imply that the GM warranty on the car is being applied to a GMPP part. I don't think that's the case. Your Pedders warranty covers Pedders parts, not GMs warranty correct? All that really means is that you won't affect your GM warranty by installing a GMPP part. But the warranty for that part is covered separately by the manufacturer's warranty of that GMPP part. And does it matter if I do the install or my local performance guy who is not an authorized Pedders installer? My impression is yes it matters from what I have been told.

Pedders is not the only GMPP maker around. So just because maybe you have influence with GM doesn't mean all those other guys do too.
GM builds a car, a Camaro and they provide a warranty on the complete vehicle.

Pedders builds a set of GMPP sway bars and endlinks. Pedders provides warranty on the sway bar kit.

Installing a Pedders GMPP sway bar kit will not alter your GM warranty on your engine, transmission, air conditioning, electric seats, stereo...

Let's say you install our Pace Car Package on a brand new Camaro in Dealer inventory as Bruce described. A faulty coilover is Pedders warranty. A GM tie rod end fails two weeks after the Pace Car Equipped Camaro is purchased. I fully expect GM to cover the tie rod end. At 10 thousand miles it should be the same. At 35 thousand miles maybe they blame the sway bars. Call me and I'll pay for the tie rod end. Run your Pace Car equipped Camaro at the track on slicks three road course sessions per weekend, every weekend and you won't be calling me or GM for warranty because you'll know you crossed the line between street performance car and a track car.

GM Part = GM Warranty
Pedders Part = Pedders Warranty
GMPP Part = Benefit of the doubt to the GM vehicle owner.

This is as black and white as I can make it. What I do know is that the GM new car dealers that install our GMPP parts will stand in front of thier RZM and tell them almost exactly what I have said. I have been there when they said it. What is going to be different between GMPP vendors is how the individual vendor treats the customer. I think MSW444 just answered that one for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
You just got the word directly from the president of Peders USA. I can tell you first hand, Pete's word is golden. So fear not and mod away!
Just make sure the parts are installed according to the instructions and you will have no issues. Do something silly like using an impact on the top strut mount shaft......well no one warrants stupidity.
Mr. MSW444, Thank you sir! Have you seen this thread on the FE4 / FE5 / ZL1 Sway Bars?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #12
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
DO IT.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #13
blk5genss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
I have the spohn rear drag bar only and it did make a huge difference.
TSP Cam 231/236 112 LSA,TSP UD,Fast 102 w/Ported TB,AirAid CAI,1 7/8 catted Stainless Power LT,3 IN MBRP 3 in Exhaust/180*,Spohn LTA's,Toe Links, Drag Bar,Diff bushings,Hurst shifter,Hendrix/DSS 1400HP Axles,Nitto NT555R's,Lethal Performance Custon Tune 480 RWHP 454 RWTQ!! Best run so far is 11.94@121 LPE 3.91's Coming soon NW 102, and DSS DS, then car should be complete!!!
blk5genss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Swaybars are one of the best upgrades you can make on the car, no doubt. The camaro is incredibly rigid, a great handling car compared to many other cars on the road out there. The swaybars make a noticable feel and definitely take it up a notch. You feel like you're glued to the road as you take hard turns and the car stays level. Taming the weight-transfer is probably one of the biggest overall improvements you can make, and while the camaro doesn't lean like a econo car or anything, that almost 4000lbs likes to sway the car back and forth. The anti-sway bars will make your steering/responsiveness much better as it doesn't sway back and forth and it just goes where you point it more "instantly".
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote