Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 01-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
Marchino

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Help! How the hell I can remove the cabin air filter inlet case?

Hello,

My cabin air filter inlet case (the case holding the filter) got broken, I need to replace it with a new one but how can I get it out of its place? The hole is too small to let it through....I can't believe I need to unscrew the black part in front of it which is also glued to other parts...

Help please.
Thank you
Attached Images

Marchino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Marchino

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...BIN+AIR+FILTER

Here is a bit of help the scheme suggests to unscrew screws number 3..Help!!
Marchino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
remove the dash..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #4
Marchino

Sent you a pm. Tks for the reply!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
How is it broken, did it just unclip?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
Marchino

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
How is it broken, did it just unclip?
Well..the mechanic didn't know how simple it was to remove the air cabin filter and pulled strongly the whole case breaking two hooks aut of four which go into the chassis holding it in place...it is a bit loose now...
So I need to remove the whole case to replace the part...If you look at the scheme in the link I posted above it seems that there are only two screws holding the black part in front of it, I fear that this part is kind of glued at the edges as well (you see in my pic that there is a kind of sticky rubber along the right edge)...I have not tried yet...

Thank you for your help!!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchino View Post
Well..the mechanic didn't know how simple it was to remove the air cabin filter and pulled strongly the whole case breaking two hooks aut of four which go into the chassis holding it in place...it is a bit loose now...
So I need to remove the whole case to replace the part...If you look at the scheme in the link I posted above it seems that there are only two screws holding the black part in front of it, I fear that this part is kind of glued at the edges as well (you see in my pic that there is a kind of sticky rubber along the right edge)...I have not tried yet...

Are you sure the clips are broken and just not popped out? I did the same thing and just had to push the bracket back in on all 4 corners.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
Marchino

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Are you sure the clips are broken and just not popped out? I did the same thing and just had to push the bracket back in on all 4 corners.

Yes I am sure..I collected the broken clips myself...
Old 07-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
if the inlet housing is broken there is no way to replace it without removing the windshield and complete dash and the heaterbox
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Seeing as how this thread is almost 4 months old, I'm pretty sure he already got it fixed.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Seeing as how this thread is almost 4 months old, I'm pretty sure he already got it fixed.
not so sure about that, he just messaged me today about it.
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #12
Marchino

That's true Camaro1. I still have to fix it properly.
What?? You have to remove so much stuff?? From a diagram explaining how to replace the air filter, we can see that maybe we just need to remove the black panel in front of the air filter inlet case by unscrewing two screws. Then you pull it away and you should have enough space to get the broken piece out. My only concern is about the rubber/sticky stuff along the edge..(see the right hand side part of the pic I posted). I dont know if I damage it by pulling away the panel...I have done nothing so far to avoid worsening the situation....

At the moment, I can't find the diagram anymore, it was in the link I posted above..

Instead if it is as you say I am not going to bring the car to any mechanic....if they got broken the piece just by trying to replace the air filter can you imagine what they can do while removing all that stuff? In Italy Camaro is an U.F.O. .....

Old 07-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #13
Blueovalman

Drives: 2012 V6 Camaro 2010 Camaro SS
Don't forget to replace your cabin air filter with a AC Delco cabin air filter
after it's fixed.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
MRGOODWRENCH3
Account Suspended

The plastic piece that holds the filter can be removed through the opening under the plastic cover. You need to remove the screws that hold the black sheet metal piece, then move it forward, the filter holder then will come out. I have done this on mine.
MRGOODWRENCH3 is offline   Reply With Quote