Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest OR, ID, MT, WA, WY, AK

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Karen SS
Mrs SS
 
Karen SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boise,ID
Posts: 124
Smile Anyone in Idaho?

Placed order with Performance Chevrolet out of Mountain Home on April 11, 2009. Dealer was only allowed one alocation because he didn't have any pre-orders filled. Was told that it would probably be sometime in Sept.
Oh my gosh that long!!!...........my husband says I'm obsessed with this! But I have been waiting for this for the last 2 years, and sold my 1967 RS/SS that was home in IA with my parents in anticipation of this. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else was still in the waiting mode, and located in Idaho.

Ordered: April 11, 2009
Black RS/2SS
Inferno Orange Interior / Sunroof
Dealer installed - IO stripes
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple
 
HTWLSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: +45° 23' 30.0588", -122° 48' 7.3296"
Posts: 657
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Karen,
Congrats on your Camaro!
I'm in Oregon and will be driving through Idaho in September (probably the 5th) on our our way to the big Camaro event for the year in Akron, OH. We usually stay overnight in Idaho on our first night out on the road. Would you be interested in meeting us at the Boise Cracker Barrel when we come through town? I know it's a bit early, but the more planning we can do early, the better.
If you'd like to caravan with us to the event, that would be even better! We'll be picking up other Camaro friends along the way in Utah and beyond.
__________________
How the Disciples help Chevrolet and Being a Camaro Disciple

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '02 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
siliconewolfgang
 
siliconewolfgang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 103
Karen & HTWLSS

Hi, Nice to see someone else in Idaho,

I'm up here in North Central Idaho -still waiting too :( but i ordered mine i October 2008 and my dealer knows nothing ever when i ask sooo i just wait i guess until it shows up in town... I too have been waiting since the Transformer movie came out - they look so cool. I checked around a few weeks ago to see if there were any dealers anywhere within 500 miles that had one just to look at, but no luck yet.

I wanted Yellow like in the movie but wanted the orange interior too.

I ordered a 2SS/RS in Inferno Orange and IO interior too. Black hockey stripes and 21" wheels with the ground effects package + more.

anyway if either of you get through the area let me know i would love to see your cars ( and any one else who has one that comes across this thread) when you get em.


Take care, Ted
__________________

Last edited by siliconewolfgang; 04-30-2009 at 10:46 PM.
siliconewolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
Nitro Dave
 
Drives: 2010 RS SS Juiced!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 235
Karen,
Off topic but my wife is from Mountain Home Idaho. Being such a small town I have to ask iof you went to school there. We go back to visit a few times a year. I love Boise. Maybe one day we will move there...
Dave
Nitro Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
Karen SS
Mrs SS
 
Karen SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boise,ID
Posts: 124
Hi Dave,
No, both my husband and I are from Iowa. We moved to Idaho 7 years ago for my husbands work.
Both of us love it here. We are also avid Harley fans, which make the riding here very enjoyable.
Thanks for replying back.........
Karen
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple
 
HTWLSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: +45° 23' 30.0588", -122° 48' 7.3296"
Posts: 657
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconewolfgang View Post
I checked around a few weeks ago to see if there were any dealers anywhere within 500 miles that had one just to look at, but no luck yet.

Take care, Ted

Ted,
Every dealership in the country is supposed to get a V6 in May for display, so you shouldn't have to wait too much longer to see a 5th Gen in person.

Our Camaro was ordered through Milligan Motors in Enterprise, Oregon and is expected in very soon. If you want to take a 160 mile drive around the other side of Hell's Canyon and take a look, I can let you know when we'll be picking it up. It'll most likely be one of the next few weekends.
__________________
How the Disciples help Chevrolet and Being a Camaro Disciple

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '02 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
siliconewolfgang
 
siliconewolfgang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
Ted,
Every dealership in the country is supposed to get a V6 in May for display, so you shouldn't have to wait too much longer to see a 5th Gen in person.

Our Camaro was ordered through Milligan Motors in Enterprise, Oregon and is expected in very soon. If you want to take a 160 mile drive around the other side of Hell's Canyon and take a look, I can let you know when we'll be picking it up. It'll most likely be one of the next few weekends.
Thanks for the reply and map info

Thats funny - I saw your car on a google map http://camaro.spasticsquirrel.com/kml.aspx check out this link if you haven't already - it shows your car - about 2-3 weeks ago and I called the dealer and he told me about it a little but didn't tell me it was sold. I told him who i was and where i was and he told me he would let me know when it came in so i could come look at it. He then asked me if i wanted to buy one and i said i had already ordered one here in town and that i just wanted to see one in person. He then hung up with me and called my dealer here and told them i called him for a camaro. Then my dealer called me to find out if i was trying to buy one somewhere else. LOL - paranoid i guess... but my dealer is bad about returning my emails asking for information about my car. They don't know anything - i have to find out on the site then email them and say "I want this or that added to my order and they say we'll see if that can happen - i'll get back to you - then i wait for a week to find out that yes it is possible and that it is "on the order"

I was really thinking of heading over there and check it out when it came in. Thats awsome youre getting your car soon! I would love to come over but i am not good for lead times - i need several days to a week to get my schedale set to run off and play. So let me know if you want and I would love to try. But also May is also coming quick so maybe I'll just check it out here BUT once again my dealer, as of yesturday, - doesn't know if and when they will get one or even when the national "unveiling" is. They told me about a month or longer ago that GM was shipping them a car - they don't know what size engine, color or model it will be but it "IT WILL BE SHIPPED IN AN ENCLOSED CONTAINER WRAPPED UP SO NO ONE CAN SEE IT UNTIL THE NATIONAL UNVAILING" my question is how will they be able to drive it off the "secret" truck if it is covered up so no one can see it i a town of 3000 people- whats the big deal keeping it so secret? ( I am hearing from other folks on here that this is a bunch of ) I can't beleive what they say so i am losing faith in my salesman... Anyway, can you tell I am frustrated with them?
__________________
siliconewolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple
 
HTWLSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: +45° 23' 30.0588", -122° 48' 7.3296"
Posts: 657
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconewolfgang View Post
Thanks for the reply and map info

Thats funny - I saw your car on a google map http://camaro.spasticsquirrel.com/kml.aspx check out this link if you haven't already - it shows your car - about 2-3 weeks ago and I called the dealer and he told me about it a little but didn't tell me it was sold. I told him who i was and where i was and he told me he would let me know when it came in so i could come look at it. He then asked me if i wanted to buy one and i said i had already ordered one here in town and that i just wanted to see one in person.

We told him that he could show our car to anyone interested, so that's probably why he offered. He's been very good to deal with through this whole process and I would not hesitate to send anyone there to order a car.
If we have lead time on when our car will arrive, I'll most certainly let you know!
__________________
How the Disciples help Chevrolet and Being a Camaro Disciple

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '02 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #9
siliconewolfgang
 
siliconewolfgang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
We told him that he could show our car to anyone interested, so that's probably why he offered. He's been very good to deal with through this whole process and I would not hesitate to send anyone there to order a car.
If we have lead time on when our car will arrive, I'll most certainly let you know!
Thanks again - I hope you get it real soon! Enjoy! Stop by if you ever get through Grangeville.
__________________
siliconewolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
lafountain
 
lafountain's Avatar
 
Drives: 1995 3.8L Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 727
I lived in Mountain Home for around 7 1/2 years, just left there this past November. Before I knew I was moving I didn't deal with Performance for the Camaro, I had been dealing with Edmark out in Nampa. Glad to hear that Performance took care of you though.
__________________


Hey, you want to lay the fate of the world on the kid's Camaro? That's cool.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #11
Nitro Dave
 
Drives: 2010 RS SS Juiced!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 235
Renting a harley in Idaho and takking a ride up through the mountains is what made me buy my Harley. Beautiful land.
Dave
Nitro Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #12
VINCE
 
Drives: 1977 Trans Am 1995 Z28 2000Z28
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Culver View Post
Placed order with Performance Chevrolet out of Mountain Home on April 11, 2009. Dealer was only allowed one alocation because he didn't have any pre-orders filled. Was told that it would probably be sometime in Sept.
Oh my gosh that long!!!...........my husband says I'm obsessed with this! But I have been waiting for this for the last 2 years, and sold my 1967 RS/SS that was home in IA with my parents in anticipation of this. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else was still in the waiting mode, and located in Idaho.

Ordered: April 11, 2009
Black RS/2SS
Inferno Orange Interior / Sunroof
Dealer installed - IO stripes
Hi Karen, I am from the Burley area.. if you don't mind me asking, did they give it to you at msrp or how much extra did they tack on?
VINCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #13
Karen SS
Mrs SS
 
Karen SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boise,ID
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by VINCE View Post
Hi Karen, I am from the Burley area.. if you don't mind me asking, did they give it to you at msrp or how much extra did they tack on?
I will be getting the car at MSRP
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
lafountain
 
lafountain's Avatar
 
Drives: 1995 3.8L Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 727
Just out of curiosity, did you ever contact Edmark? When I was talking with them, they were saying they were gonna be MSRP or possibly even lower.
__________________


Hey, you want to lay the fate of the world on the kid's Camaro? That's cool.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #15
Karen SS
Mrs SS
 
Karen SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boise,ID
Posts: 124
I did..........and they had all of their allotments filled. Petersons is $3000 above MSRP
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #16
lafountain
 
lafountain's Avatar
 
Drives: 1995 3.8L Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Culver View Post
I did..........and they had all of their allotments filled. Petersons is $3000 above MSRP
Yeah, I contacted Petersons too when I was living up there, they told me back in July they were planning about a 10% markup.
__________________


Hey, you want to lay the fate of the world on the kid's Camaro? That's cool.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:24 AM   #17
HooliganZ
 
HooliganZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Z28 M6 Hardtop
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 100
Looks like I will be on my way to Mountain Home in August. I will have my G8 GT and my 2000 Z28 with me. I am probably going to wait for the '11 or '12 model year for the 5th Gen. I will be in a better financial situation by then, and there may be some additional options available.
__________________
HooliganZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #18
Danno
 
Danno's Avatar
 
Drives: 1993 Trans Am, 2007 Acadia
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 50
I'm down in Idaho Falls area. Smith Chevrolet here got a customer car in, and it's already gone. Was a IOM/IOM 2SS. My wife got to see it, but I didn't :(

Yesterday, the chevy dealers in St Anthony, Rexburg, and Rigby all got V6 cars. St Anthony got a 1LT Victory Red, Rigby was a 1LT Black, and Rexburg was a 2LT Yellow car.
__________________
US Navy retired submariner.

previous cars, starting with my first.
1970 Nova
1967 RS/SS Camaro
1969 Chevelle
1970.5 Camaro
A long, undistinguished line of sedans, SUV's, and minivans.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #19
JaminJimbo
 
JaminJimbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LT RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boise
Posts: 9
Idah Camaro

Hi Karen,

My wife just got one Monday. Victory Red LT1 RS. What a great car!
Nampa ID.
JaminJimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
Karen SS
Mrs SS
 
Karen SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boise,ID
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaminJimbo View Post
Hi Karen,

My wife just got one Monday. Victory Red LT1 RS. What a great car!
Nampa ID.
That's awsome! I will have to keep my eyes open around town. I'm so jealous! LOL
Just have to ride the Harley to keep my mind of it. Enjoy
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #21
cmyssgo
 
Drives: 2010 RS2SS Camaro Victory Red
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 14
I ordered my from Edmark in Nampa on October 14, 2008. My salesman doesn't know anything so I have found someone on the forum that has followed my car and thinks I should have it by the 4th of July. My uncle also bought one and we are hoping to take them to Grangeville for Border days. Another uncle of mine has 2 68 Camaros and we wanted to show all 4 cars off together. I hope we get them soon!
cmyssgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #22
Karen SS
Mrs SS
 
Karen SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boise,ID
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyssgo View Post
I ordered my from Edmark in Nampa on October 14, 2008. My salesman doesn't know anything so I have found someone on the forum that has followed my car and thinks I should have it by the 4th of July. My uncle also bought one and we are hoping to take them to Grangeville for Border days. Another uncle of mine has 2 68 Camaros and we wanted to show all 4 cars off together. I hope we get them soon!
That is awsome! Good for you. Still haven't moved anywhere at 1100, but I guess I'm to be patient as I was told Sept delivery. If if comes in before then I will be tickled to death.
I know what you mean about dealer not knowing anything. I kinda made mine mad when I starting referring to info that I had learned on the web site. So I've made up my mind to get as much info from here as I can, and the next time I talk to the salesman will be when my car comes in.
I really hope that yours comes through on time. Fingers crossed
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #23
cmyssgo
 
Drives: 2010 RS2SS Camaro Victory Red
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 14
I found out today that mine moved to 3400 on 5/29, so I hope to see it soon. I will post pictures when it does come in.
cmyssgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #24
Karen SS
Mrs SS
 
Karen SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boise,ID
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyssgo View Post
I found out today that mine moved to 3400 on 5/29, so I hope to see it soon. I will post pictures when it does come in.
When did you order?
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #25
cmyssgo
 
Drives: 2010 RS2SS Camaro Victory Red
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 14
I ordered 10-14. My uncle got his yesterday from Edmark. He ordered the same day, black on black SS/RS
cmyssgo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone in Idaho? or washington? Zieke Off-topic Discussions 6 06-30-2008 10:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.