Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Detroit Speed
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Late Model Racecraft

Drives: 2014 C7 + 98 Camaro
Exclamation LS3 Cam Package makes over 500rwhp!!

Those of you interested in making 500rwhp with your LS3 camaro, we have the cam package ready for you! Our cam kit retails for $749.99 and is in stock ready to ship or be installed. Feel free to give me a call at the shop or just shoot me an email with any questions you might have. Here are pics and dyno vid of our cam kit on an LS3 vette.

Just finished up one of our Street Stalker Packages for the LS3's. Here are some pics and Dyno Vid!

Late Model Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
no discount? and all i need is this cam package?

i cant see pics on this computer but who makes it

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 2012 VW GTI, 2007 TBSS, 2002 Camaro
I know you may not want to give up much of this info...but can you share some "approximate cam specs"...you aren't giving out anything by telling the duration and LSA anyway...would be nice to know so we could determine how "streetable" this would be.

BTW are you guys doing anything with the VVT in the L99?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
Late Model Racecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
no discount? and all i need is this cam package?
Street Stalker Package:$7,999.99
Honker C6 Cold Air Induction System, 2006-08 Z06, 2008 LS3
American Racing 1 7/8 stainless steel headers
American Racing stainless steel X-pipe with metal substrate catalytic converters
LS1 MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires
NGK Spark Plugs
LS2/7 160* Thermostat
Magnaflow Exhaust System for V8 6.2L Axle back, Rear Exit
LSX Cam Kit(LMR Custom Grind cam shaft)
C6 Underdrive Pulley Kit
Crank Bolt
All Gaskets and Seals
Oil and Filter
Profesionally Installed
Shop Supplies
Custom Dyno Tune

We will have a pretty much the same package available for the 2010 Camaro, but with "Our" custom cold air system and catback exhaust system. First 2010 SS camaro in our door will get a GENEROUS discount price.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #5
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
clarity supplied

Last edited by themossman; 07-19-2009 at 01:51 PM.
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
Nitro Dave

Drives: 2010 RS SS Juiced!
You are seeing the price difference between a cam only package and a full package with bolt ons and cam. LMR has a great reputation for building some insanely fast street cars dominating the streets in Houston Texas. Not to mention the track records they hold with there track cars.

Josh, Steven I will have my wives inferno orange rs ss six speed here in four weeks hint hint....LOL. You know we are not scared.
Nitro Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:57 AM   #7
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Dave View Post
You are seeing the price difference between a cam only package and a full package with bolt ons and cam. LMR has a great reputation for building some insanely fast street cars dominating the streets in Houston Texas. Not to mention the track records they hold with there track cars.

Josh, Steven I will have my wives inferno orange rs ss six speed here in four weeks hint hint....LOL. You know we are not scared.
Yes
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Old 04-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #9
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
first post says $750, ready to ship, and 500rwhp

second post says $8k and not ready to ship.

You're not doing your credibility any favors with this type of inconsistency. I'll gladly edit this post if you offer some clarity.
word

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
TT C6
Banned

Drives: C6, 96 383ci Z28 hardtop
Quote:
Not to mention the track records they hold with there track cars.
What "track records" are those?

All the track records I'm aware of were set by East Coast Supercharging and Cartek. Both in NJ.
TT C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #11
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
bait and switch .. lol
Old 04-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #12
Late Model Racecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT C6 View Post
What "track records" are those?

All the track records I'm aware of were set by East Coast Supercharging and Cartek. Both in NJ.
LoL, Those are both very reputable companies but I would line up next to them any day of the week. How about the Quickest and Fastest LSX's in the world! Here is the finals of the LSX Drag Radial class...7.58 on stock suspension and drag radials.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #13
Late Model Racecraft

Quote:
first post says $750, ready to ship, and 500rwhp

second post says $8k and not ready to ship.

You're not doing your credibility any favors with this type of inconsistency. I'll gladly edit this post if you offer some clarity.
Just like Nitro Dave stated if you read my original post I said the "cam kits" are in stock and ready to be shipped. If you would like our $8k package you will have to bring the car to us for installation. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
blaSSt

Drives: 10 Synergy, & more
While LMR has awesome stuff, it is easy to see why there is confusion. This is bait and switch, misleading.

You advertise: LS3 Cam Package makes over 500rwhp!!
You mean: LS3 Cam Package (including ten other modifications) makes over 500rwhp!!

Then you state:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft View Post
Those of you interested in making 500rwhp with your LS3 camaro, we have the cam package ready for you! Our cam kit retails for $749.99
The you show a Corvette with an $8000 package (much more than a cam kit) making 504 RWHP.

You should state what the $749 cam kit will make. It will NOT make 500+ RWHP.

Furthermore you don't have a Cam package ready for the camaro. You have a cam kit, but not the package, unless you have an intake, LT headers, and catback.......

This is misleading and false advertisement. It should be deleted.

........06 TB SS...............98 Camaro SS.........07 Cobalt SS......................09 ZR1
On the internet - Anything is possible, especially when you don't know what you are talking about.
COTW 10/4/10 SOLD
blaSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #15
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

clarity provided

Last edited by themossman; 07-19-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #16
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
This is not a great way to treat folks on this forum... I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it was an honest mistake. We all make them.

If you folks are looking to build a package for your new Camaros, hit me up with a PM and I will let you know what I am developing with a well known shop!!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The points are correct. A cam package in an LS3 has made over 500 rwhp. That cam package costs $8000 and includes a bunch of other things. That said, to say in the original post that a cam kit costs $749, many would interpret that as the 500 rwhp package. I would like to see what a cam (+tune) would do.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #18
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaSSt View Post
While LMR has awesome stuff, it is easy to see why there is confusion. This is bait and switch, misleading.

You advertise: LS3 Cam Package makes over 500rwhp!!
You mean: LS3 Cam Package (including ten other modifications) makes over 500rwhp!!

Then you state:

The you show a Corvette with an $8000 package (much more than a cam kit) making 504 RWHP.

You should state what the $749 cam kit will make. It will NOT make 500+ RWHP.

Furthermore you don't have a Cam package ready for the camaro. You have a cam kit, but not the package, unless you have an intake, LT headers, and catback.......

This is misleading and false advertisement. It should be deleted.
God forbid you have to do some research and read the fine print before you buy something.

Quote:
Bingo...

and as I mentioned...the OP is not doing his credibility any favors with this kind of approach.
Your credibility isn't working out too well for you either, you drive a BMW and you're acting like a douche bag (notice I didn't say you were one, I have faith that you're not always like this). Oh no, someone types something wrong on the internetzzzz. Show some respect for a vendor supporting our passion.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #19
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
There shouldn't be fine print in this forum.

"Those of you interested in making 500rwhp with your LS3 camaro, we have the cam package ready for you! Our cam kit retails for $749.99 and is in stock ready to ship or be installed."

I don't know how you read that, but I read it as: If you want to make 500rwhp with your LS3 Camaro, we have a cam kit that retails for $749.99 and is in stock.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #20
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasedgod View Post
There shouldn't be fine print in this forum.

"Those of you interested in making 500rwhp with your LS3 camaro, we have the cam package ready for you! Our cam kit retails for $749.99 and is in stock ready to ship or be installed."

I don't know how you read that, but I read it as: If you want to make 500rwhp with your LS3 Camaro, we have a cam kit that retails for $749.99 and is in stock.
Guess it's just Darwinism at its best. Finish reading the post, that could also help. "Just finished up one of our Street Stalker Packages for the LS3's. Here are some pics and Dyno Vid!" Or it could be viewed as if you want to get to 500rwhp this is definitely a necessity. No wonder people are so uninformed about stuff. On another note, if you think you can get 500rwhp with no other supporting mods, maybe you shouldn't be driving a 500rwhp car. Business seems to be the excuse for everything so lets add another - "buyer beware", or at the very least "buyer educate yourself on the product and get clarification when needed."

Last edited by Kyle2k; 04-25-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #21
Nitro Dave

Wow tuff crowd. LOL

Guys I see your point but I have known these guys for years and I am certain that the arrangement of words was not an attempt to mislead anyone. They had this post on ls1 tech and I am sure they figured this would be a great thing to share here since the vette and the new camaro have such a similiar motor. I bet they just typed part of the post and copy and pasted the rest from there other post. I would put money on the fact it's a small mistake and in now way an attempt to mislead anyone.

For the record I do not work with these guys but I have known them for a while now and I deal with alot of people In this industry. I hear the good and bad about everyone and I have never heard anything bad about them.

Do a google search on them. That always tells all!
Dave
Old 04-26-2009, 12:33 AM   #22
Nitro Dave

I have seen only one car dynoed so far and if I remember correctly it was on a mustang dyno making 364hp to the ground. Hp is made by burning gas. The abilty to burn gas depends on airflow getting in and out of the combustion chamber. Just adding a cam will add power but with the complimenting bolt ons the gain would be amplafied. I have never done a cam before bolt ons so I have no ideas what just a camshaft could add but I can't help but to wonder as well.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #23
blaSSt

Drives: 10 Synergy, & more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
God forbid you have to do some research and read the fine print before you buy something.
I do read the fine print. If you don't bother that is your choice. Caveat emptor. Hopefully all that read the post now know the LMR does not have a Cam package making over 500 RWHP ready for the Camaro. They have a very good cam kit for the LS3 that should work well when the other parts are developed.

Quote:
For the record I do not work with these guys but I have known them for a while now and I deal with alot of people In this industry. I hear the good and bad about everyone and I have never heard anything bad about them.
I recommend keeping your ears open. I have considered using them, but I have heard things that led me to choose otherwise. They have a great reputation for great results for the work they complete.

........06 TB SS...............98 Camaro SS.........07 Cobalt SS......................09 ZR1
On the internet - Anything is possible, especially when you don't know what you are talking about.
COTW 10/4/10 SOLD
blaSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #24
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post

Your credibility isn't working out too well for you either, you drive a BMW and you're acting like a douche bag (notice I didn't say you were one, I have faith that you're not always like this). Oh no, someone types something wrong on the internetzzzz. Show some respect for a vendor supporting our passion.
I'm 'acting like a douche' by pointing out that his post was extremely misleading? Your criteria for 'acting like a douche' is interesting...perhaps you could post a list of your 'acting like a douche' criteria so we can all make sure we don't offend you by 'acting like a douche'.

RE: driving a BMW diminishes my credibility? Again, funny. I'm an enthusiast...not a brand whore. I buy and drive what I like because I like it...not because it bears a certain badge or projects a certain image.

The OP can edit his post for clarity...and if he's 'supporting our passion' and is an honest business person...I would expect that he would want to make sure that everyone knew what they were getting. As far as people not knowing what it takes to get 500hp not deserving it...perhaps it's best that you not position yourself to be the judge of what others do/do not deserve...you might wind up on your own list.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #25
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Quote:
I'm 'acting like a douche' by pointing out that his post was extremely misleading? Your criteria for 'acting like a douche' is interesting...perhaps you could post a list of your 'acting like a douche' criteria so we can all make sure we don't offend you by 'acting like a douche'.

RE: driving a BMW diminishes my credibility? Again, funny. I'm an enthusiast...not a brand whore. I buy and drive what I like because I like it...not because it bears a certain badge or projects a certain image.

The OP can edit his post for clarity...and if he's 'supporting our passion' and is an honest business person...I would expect that he would want to make sure that everyone knew what they were getting. As far as people not knowing what it takes to get 500hp not deserving it...perhaps it's best that you not position yourself to be the judge of what others do/do not deserve...you might wind up on your own list.
Being a brand whore has nothing to do with acknowledging a stereotype that IS projected by the vehicles image. How can anyone get enthused about a car that has all those electronic built-in babysitters anyways?

I didn't judge anyone, to begin with I said maybe. But, I will say it's easier to respect and understand how powerful these cars will become by knowing how and where the power is made and how it will behave on the road. Not many people can jump into a high powered car (to begin with) and expect to master it instantly, especially when big modifications have been made. Don't want to see people getting wrapped around telephone poles....

Finally, back to the topic at hand- a few posts in someone asked for clarification about the cam making all that power and the guy posted the forgotten information. I don't see what there is left to explain or fix?

Last edited by Kyle2k; 04-26-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote