Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
dholland

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT V6
Greetings and a Question

Greetings all, I'm a new member and a brand new Camaro enthusiast. I just purchased a 2012 Camaro 1LT this weekend.

I have a question about the bluetooth - it appears that it will only connect to the phone portion and not data / music streaming. The confusing part is the manual talks about A2DP and the fact that a phone cannot be connected AT THE SAME TIME as an MP3 device. Does this mean that my phone can make a data only connection? Does it mean that it would accept a connection from an iPod since it's an MP3 only device? I realize there is an aux port in the center console and that I could even get a bluetooth receiver and connect it to the aux port and stream to my phone with that - but then I'd lose all the nifty in car controls.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave
dholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Juiced1
JUICED MOTORSPORTS

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Welcome to the board. I'm sure someone here can help you better with the bluetooth. I don't use it myself.
Get more Power per Dollar!!!! We carry all the hot new products for your 5th gen! CAI, Roto-Fab, Solo, Corsa, MBRP, ARH, Stainless Works, MRT, SLP, Procharger, Whipple, BMR, Diablosport, Superchips, Street Scene, VFN Fiberglass and much more. Contact us for your Camaro5 discount today!
Call us at 224-63-JUICE - 224-400-5793
Juiced1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
dholland

Thanks Juiced, I'm super excited about my car - I've driven "economical" cars all my life and this time I decided screw it, I'm just going to get what I want and enjoy it.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Welcome 1st off. I use Bluetooth thru my EVO, no issues. Ipod hooked up thru usb port for music. Have not tried to use songs from phone. I have heard a few that run Pandora app on phones for music.

CRUZN-SS VIA tapatalk
Old 01-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
dholland

Cruzn - I use bluetooth through my X2 Android in the car, zero issues with it for the phone. What I want is to use the phone for music as well. My previous car I had an aftermarket stereo installed that worked this way. I used Spotify / Pandora / Ambling Book player for audiobooks etc. Looking for that same experience here.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
dholland, CONGRATS on the new ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:09 AM   #7
MoeIv

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Welcome to the board
MoeIv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:17 AM   #8
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I believe the problem is you can sync up a device as one or the other not both. You should be able to stream bluetooth but then that would break the phone's bluetooth sync. Does your car have the USB port also? You could stream via that or add it if you don't have it and use blue tooth for your phone function.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:08 AM   #9
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
I have my HTC Thunderbolt hooked up as a phone and I can stream music. You have to set the input device on the stereo to "aux input" and press the menu button. Bluetooth will be one of the first options and you can pair your phone just like you did for voice service. hope this helps. good luck and welcome to the forum.
Witchdoctor92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #10
CrabbyDaddy

Drives: '11 2SS RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor92 View Post
I have my HTC Thunderbolt hooked up as a phone and I can stream music. You have to set the input device on the stereo to "aux input" and press the menu button. Bluetooth will be one of the first options and you can pair your phone just like you did for voice service. hope this helps. good luck and welcome to the forum.
+1, but with an iPhone. As mentioned above set up streaming using the aux input.
CrabbyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
If you check in your manual, in section 7 on page 19, you should see everything that you need to pair your phone to the music streaming feature for your vehicle. Hopefully this helps you. If you still have issues getting things connected let me know.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #12
spectre_

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor92 View Post
same here, but with an HTC EVO. Welcome to the board and post some pics!!
spectre_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
Dupontdon24

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
witchdoctor, your the greatest man, I've been searching how to do this for , well since I got my hotrod. thanks again man, synched right to the music part.SS
Dupontdon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
You can connect both to the bluetooth, just scroll through your aux settings and you will come across one where you can pair a device for music, on you device look for GM Music Connect.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1lt, bluetooth