Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #1
SSSylentZL1
Aggressive ZL1 Driver

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
Anyone performance 2 year maintenance

Recently went into my dealer for a oil change and was notified about a transmission fluid flush, rear differential flush, and fuel system flush. This maintenance checkup is optional every 2 years or 25,000-30,000 miles. The prices of these were $159.99, $139.99, and $109.99. Before I carried through with the maintenance, I wanted to know has anyone done this themselves on their ZL1. I've search DIY threads and was only able to find the rear differential for an SS. Is it the same setup as the SS? The only thing I believed that would be difficult was the transmission. The service guy there(not my normal go to guy) said that the fuel system flush would give me better gas mileage. Of course I would wish to obtain better MPG but how true is that? The main point I'm trying to get at is, is any of this worth the actual money paid to the dealer or would I be better off doing myself?
2012 ZL1 #984
Current Mods: Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake, 20%tint all around, 35% windshield, Tinted side markers, Dipped Taillight bezels,emblems, Red interior light

----------------------------------------------------
Future mods:
ARH Headers w/o cats, 3" connection pipes, VMAXX Ported TB, Apex Catch Can
Technostaglia Taillights, Night Owl/ Oracle Halo headlights, Fog light Halos
SSSylentZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM   #2
ZED SLED
a.k.a. mclark10

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
rear diff info:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347266

Had the dealer change my diff lube @7500 miles. I supplied my own lube, they did the labor for about $35. Not worth crawling under the car and dealing with the mess for that. Bought 3 qts of lube at gmpartsdirect.com for something like $13/qt. Dealer wanted $24 and didn'r even stock it. The lube for the ZL1 is different than for SS. Check your owners manual for part# and capacity.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #3
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
You can get the rear differential done under this service bulletin for free if you hear the rear end noise: PIP5097: ZL1 Rear Differential Moan Noise On Turns - (Mar 6, 2013)

I don't know anything about a fuel system flush, They probably just put fuel injector cleaner in there or something of that nature...

In or around Savannah GA on the first Sunday of the month? Come meet with us here around 11 am!
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote