Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Camaro Convertible Forum For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #26
fshog
 
fshog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RS/2SS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Okotoks, Alberta
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
11


My thoughts exactly!!
fshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #27
Steeler NY

 
Steeler NY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central NY
Posts: 1,035
9.5
__________________
Steeler NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #28
MiSS1LE

 
MiSS1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE & 2014 C7
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 750
10
MiSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #29
95birdible

 
95birdible's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 1,500
Ok I am going to revise mine since I included all my problems. I would give it a 9. I don't think there is a car out there that would really get a 10. This car is as much fun if not funner than my old 69 SS Vert or my 68 RS/Z28. Man I loved those cars but my 2012 evokes those same feelings today.
__________________
2012 1SS Crystal Red Convertible
"Cherry Bomb"
Winner of the #NameThatCamaro Spring Special Edition
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #30
llcamaro
 
llcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lower Lake, CA
Posts: 73
9.9, since there is no such thing as a 10
I've had the car for 5 days and 380 miles, looking forward to many more of both!
__________________
Let the mods begin,
LG Pro LT's, HF Cats, Borla Touring Mufflers, CAI intake, American Racing Tunnel Brace, Eibach 1" springs, Hotchkiss sways, Mickey Thompson Wheels and Tires
llcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #31
Baba

 
Baba's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USAREUR/CONUS-DOD/A
Posts: 1,422
10
__________________
2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Summit White
Black Leather
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #32
SCullen
 
SCullen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT Convertible
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 52
9.5

The East German judge didn't like my dismount.
__________________
2011 SIM 2LT/RS Vert

SCullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #33
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS
 
CooG's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 955
8.735
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #34
Kimosaaby
Charleen
 
Kimosaaby's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011, SW 2LT/RS VERT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: League City, Tx
Posts: 12
currently---- 10
__________________
Kimo
Living in Theory, because stuff always works out there.
Kimosaaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #35
RAYD8
 
RAYD8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Coppell, Texas
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
The question said to "rate your convertible". My convertible is as good as a $44k production car can be. It's not perfect and has issues just like any other production car. My rub marks aren't that bad anymore and if they don't fix my problem it will lose 10% of it's score. 10% is a lot to lose for one problem.
9.95
RAYD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #36
rjtssvert
 
rjtssvert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2ss rs convertible
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West chicago
Posts: 50
9.9
rjtssvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #37
spikess581
 
spikess581's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristol Pa
Posts: 356
Since mine is one of the trouble verts I will give it an 8.6754363 untill I get a permenant fix on my top then it goes to 9.975. Just because no car I did not design could be perfect.
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #38
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,577
Having a hard time letting this one go…

Common sense says a scale of 1-10 is 10= absolutely perfect, wouldn’t change a thing, 5= average, not great, not horrible, 1= completely unacceptable.

For all the threads, and posts with people complaining about rub marks, indentations, broken bows, crackling window regulators, wind noise and lately, bad seals… how can you turn around and rate it a 10? Or even 9? Absolutely perfect?

If that’s the case, then I guess GM’s OK not fixing anything, since everyone’s apparently completely happy?

I say 7… and that is being gracious. I have more problems with my garaged, 11 month old 2SS vert, than I did with my 99 6 cyl T-Top Camaro that I bought used and which sat outside! I can see giving the “concept” of the car, or the driving experience of the car a high rating, but overall- not so much.

I’m looking into an even trade on a 10’ 370Z Touring vert right now…at 20 months old, it’s top looks better than my (latest) top at 6 months old!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #39
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011
 
'11 cyber grey vert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mississauga,Ontario
Posts: 758
Drago ,
Agreed
I scored mine a 9 right now as I have not experienced the problems that some of the other vert owners have had to deal with.
I did indicate I would score it a 4 if it develops the serious problems since I believe alot of the value in the car will be lost with major top issues.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #40
ZZTop-leSS
 
ZZTop-leSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6 - Rally Yellow
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 43
0.000000000001

Just because I'm so disappointed in these top issues. I, too, spent a lot of money on a brand new car and expected way better. Like others, this is also my first brand new car I've ever purchased and I'm 39 years old. I love the idea of the car and I'd probably give it a 9.5 or higher if I wasn't so upset about it breaking the first time I put the top down. At first, I was like, "Oh, well - crap happens. It's under warranty and I'll get it fixed." Yeah, well, after reading about all these people and their on-going issues and some of them are now on their 3rd, 4th, 5th replacement, I can't bring myself to rate it any higher than a "1". Sorry.
ZZTop-leSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #41
njmike
 
njmike's Avatar
 
Drives: Inferno orange Vert
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 650
10 the zl1 vert would be a 15
__________________
njmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #42
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982
 
pincoin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 1,582
I give mine a 10, only had it 3 days and didnt even use it yet as its too crappy and cold outside.
__________________
2012 Camaro RS-SS Conv IBM, L99
1968 Camaro RS Coupe 327 AT
1968 Camaro RS-SS Conv, sold 1993
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #43
Clustergear
 
Clustergear's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 Camaro, 2011 Conv.
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 116
I'll rate mine at 9. Had top issue with rub marks, dealer addressed and I've kept up with SUX2BU mods. But I've had the car since 04/06/11 and only driven it 1000 miles.
Clustergear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #44
ToddB

 
Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: WI Cert Welder Navy NSSN
Posts: 913
9.5
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #45
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y
 
SUX2BU's Avatar
 
Drives: FAST
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sachse TX (DFW)
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Having a hard time letting this one go…

Common sense says a scale of 1-10 is 10= absolutely perfect, wouldn’t change a thing, 5= average, not great, not horrible, 1= completely unacceptable.

For all the threads, and posts with people complaining about rub marks, indentations, broken bows, crackling window regulators, wind noise and lately, bad seals… how can you turn around and rate it a 10? Or even 9? Absolutely perfect?

If that’s the case, then I guess GM’s OK not fixing anything, since everyone’s apparently completely happy?

I say 7… and that is being gracious. I have more problems with my garaged, 11 month old 2SS vert, than I did with my 99 6 cyl T-Top Camaro that I bought used and which sat outside! I can see giving the “concept” of the car, or the driving experience of the car a high rating, but overall- not so much.

I’m looking into an even trade on a 10’ 370Z Touring vert right now…at 20 months old, it’s top looks better than my (latest) top at 6 months old!
I guess I'm just too much of a Camaro fanboy and love my car too much to give it a lower score. I could never see my self trading or selling Ginger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZTop-leSS View Post
0.000000000001

Just because I'm so disappointed in these top issues. I, too, spent a lot of money on a brand new car and expected way better. Like others, this is also my first brand new car I've ever purchased and I'm 39 years old. I love the idea of the car and I'd probably give it a 9.5 or higher if I wasn't so upset about it breaking the first time I put the top down. At first, I was like, "Oh, well - crap happens. It's under warranty and I'll get it fixed." Yeah, well, after reading about all these people and their on-going issues and some of them are now on their 3rd, 4th, 5th replacement, I can't bring myself to rate it any higher than a "1". Sorry.
Honestly, if you are rating your car at a 1 you should get something else.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #46
Blitz
 
Blitz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 743
8

-1 for rub marks
-1 for how GM is (or rather, isn't) handling it
__________________

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #47
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
I guess I'm just too much of a Camaro fanboy and love my car too much to give it a lower score. I could never see my self trading or selling Ginger.
at least your honest!

I can't afford to let my hopes over ride the reality... if my deal falls through on the Z, I'll keep my eyes open loosely for another option, however my heart's hoping GM pulls out a miracle before that happens.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #48
Sttt5126
 
Sttt5126's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 212
A definite 10 now that it's supercharged!
Sttt5126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #49
b7dlanders
Camaro landers
 
b7dlanders's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black Convertible Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 12
6-7, not bad, but should be better for a new car.

6 to 7.

I love the concept and the look, but more issues that I should have had to deal with for a brand new car. It is not quite there and I expected more. I am making it better with each mod, but should not have had to do any for performance, handling or power, but did.

For those who say 10. I find it hard that you think your rides couldn't be improved. I could possibly understand a 9 if you didn't have to take it back to your dealer for issues.
b7dlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #50
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y
 
SUX2BU's Avatar
 
Drives: FAST
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sachse TX (DFW)
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by b7dlanders View Post
6 to 7.

I love the concept and the look, but more issues that I should have had to deal with for a brand new car. It is not quite there and I expected more. I am making it better with each mod, but should not have had to do any for performance, handling or power, but did.

For those who say 10. I find it hard that you think your rides couldn't be improved. I could possibly understand a 9 if you didn't have to take it back to your dealer for issues.
I rate mine as a 10 because I have improved it. I got rid of the heavy SUV wheels, added a bunch of performance and appearance mods.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 LS3 Coupe vs L99 Vert stock exhaust melbourne_ls1 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 17 02-05-2013 11:20 PM
Flowmaster Axle Back on a V6 vert? PETRA Camaro Convertible Forum 9 11-15-2011 02:21 PM
If U R going 2 C5FestII, PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!!! Shirt poll TAG UR IT 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) 72 03-06-2011 12:21 AM
how do i start a new poll when my old poll is expired? iluvmy67camaro USA - Southeast 0 06-05-2010 08:53 AM
POLL - MRT "Scrming"s" Exhaust Kit : Tip size 97one Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 10 08-31-2009 03:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.