Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Dudule

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Crystal Red
Iphone 6 and Bluetooth

Hi all,

I've noticed that the Bluetooth is not working as well with my Iphone 6 as it used to with my old 4s... Volume not steady, lots of cuts while playing music...
Any feedback on that ?
Dudule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Whoomba

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS vert
I have a 5s that's doinf that with my car and a Bluetooth headset. Do you have iOS 8.1?
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
When I got my 6 it stopped connecting to bluetooth all together. Apple did something to mess it up..
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #4
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFisch View Post
When I got my 6 it stopped connecting to bluetooth all together. Apple did something to mess it up..
Mine connects after I re-paired it. However a lot of the functions are gone long reading texts and other things.
Coop1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2LT/Non-RS
My iPhone 6 Plus works perfectly with music and phone controls. I don't have MyLink so maybe that's why.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #6
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
I have a 2010, so no My Link, but my iphone 6 works fine and is on the latest iOS. I'm guessing this issue is related to the My Link setup.
1LE rear sway bar
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #7
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Mine works fine. Actually it works better with my 6 than it did with my 5S
Old 12-09-2014, 11:00 PM   #8
Mando2776

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I don’t have a problem with bluetooth using my iPhone 6, now using the usb is another issue with myLink. It indexes and plays audio for 10 seconds and then pauses. Mylink won’t play anymore, until radio resets. Perhaps an iPhone update is required or a mylink update to fix this issue.
Mando2776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #9
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro 3.6 RS, 07 Tiburon, 03 Z4
I also updated from a 4s to a 6, in my 2011 I haven't seen any difference in using my new phone. I synced all my old stuff to the new phone just re-pared it with the car. I haven't tried the USB cable yet, I have an old iPod touch that lives there. By the way, I have noticed that the battery in the ipod is often dead, even though I leave it pulgged in all the time. I don't really want to disconnect it, just because I am lazy, but does anyone else have that problem or know why that would happen?
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop1701 View Post
Mine connects after I re-paired it. However a lot of the functions are gone long reading texts and other things.
Just an FYi mime did thismtoo and I found that a recent update had turned off this feature. Double check that you have it turned on, mine was off and now is all good.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:53 AM   #11
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
If your music volume turns down while you're driving. Double tap home button on iPhone and close Facebook. It will fix your issue, idk why but it does.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:58 AM   #12
Coop1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Just an FYi mime did thismtoo and I found that a recent update had turned off this feature. Double check that you have it turned on, mine was off and now is all good.
Where do I check that? I don't even see the Messages App on mylink anymore.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:26 AM   #13
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
I also updated from a 4s to a 6, in my 2011 I haven't seen any difference in using my new phone. I synced all my old stuff to the new phone just re-pared it with the car. I haven't tried the USB cable yet, I have an old iPod touch that lives there. By the way, I have noticed that the battery in the ipod is often dead, even though I leave it pulgged in all the time. I don't really want to disconnect it, just because I am lazy, but does anyone else have that problem or know why that would happen?

Leaving s lithium ion battery on the charger constantly is about the worst thing you can do to them
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #14
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Yesterday, my Bluetooth decided that it is no longer compatible with my iPhone 6 Plus. I've been on the same operating system for months, but my phone just decided yesterday that it can no longer connect to the GMusicConnect. When trying to pair the two, I get an iPhone error message reading, "Make sure GMusicConnect is turned on and in range". I'm just bewildered why this happened so out of the blue, as I haven't updated to a new operating system or anything in months.
CyberGreyConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
rocknroll_jeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
Leaving s lithium ion battery on the charger constantly is about the worst thing you can do to them
Thanks for the advice. I'll unplug it when not in use. It is a second hand and free when new first generation 8G iPod touch so I'm not too distraught if the battery life is shorter. Right now it's only job is to live in the console.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #16
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudule View Post
Hi all,

I've noticed that the Bluetooth is not working as well with my Iphone 6 as it used to with my old 4s... Volume not steady, lots of cuts while playing music...
Any feedback on that ?

my favorite is when the bluetooth just drops off .. LOL Woo hoo new apple product! LOL
Old 12-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #17
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Well I just converted from a Galaxy S5 to a iPhone 6 plus and had Bluetooth connectivity issues from the get go. This morning my iPhone connects just fine without any issues but cannot use the Pandora app on the Mylink anymore. Is this normal or am I missing something here?
Old 12-24-2014, 01:07 AM   #18
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
but cannot use the Pandora app on the Mylink anymore. Is this normal or am I missing something here?
I wouldn't call it normal but I'm experiencing the same thing. Was using a Galaxy Note 2 and switched to the iPhone 6+. BT calling works and streaming does work but the text messages are a mess (sometimes it will read the text, most often it doesn't. Can't reply to any text).

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:46 AM   #19
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I don't have any problems with my iPhone 6+ and my 14 Cruze. I will say that it did take a couple of tries to pair it. As far as the texting goes, I think the car shuts off the texting features as a safety measure. I would have to use Siri to text and I can't say "read my last text message". I would have to know who texted me and say "read the last message from bob" then say "text bob".
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #20
Coop1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
Well I just converted from a Galaxy S5 to a iPhone 6 plus and had Bluetooth connectivity issues from the get go. This morning my iPhone connects just fine without any issues but cannot use the Pandora app on the Mylink anymore. Is this normal or am I missing something here?
Pandora does work but I believe you have to connect via Lightning cable. I don't think it will stream over Bluetooth.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:48 PM   #21
Camaro EMT
7,875 Miles as of 08/2015

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I recently upgraded from an iPhone 4S to a 6. With the 4S, I used to be able to pair the phone with the car for calls and also to stream music from it (music stored on the phone, not Pandora) directly through the car's speakers, without using the USB cable.

When I upgraded to the iPhone 6, I paired it with car (2010 SS) but I'm only able to pair the phone for calls. For some reason I cannot find how to pair the music again. When I do a bluetooth "search" through the phone settings, it's only seeing the phone pairing (General Motors). It seems like before, there was another pairing called GM Music Connect or something like that.

Can someone who has done this successfully provide me with "how-to" steps? TIA
"All bleeding stops eventually." Camaro EMT

Camaro EMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:33 AM   #22
rocknroll_jeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro EMT View Post
I recently upgraded from an iPhone 4S to a 6. With the 4S, I used to be able to pair the phone with the car for calls and also to stream music from it (music stored on the phone, not Pandora) directly through the car's speakers, without using the USB cable.

When I upgraded to the iPhone 6, I paired it with car (2010 SS) but I'm only able to pair the phone for calls. For some reason I cannot find how to pair the music again. When I do a bluetooth "search" through the phone settings, it's only seeing the phone pairing (General Motors). It seems like before, there was another pairing called GM Music Connect or something like that.

I also upgraded from the 4S to the 6, I was sure to copy and sync my new phone before paring it with the car. In the car I opened bluetooth on the phone and searched for the phone from the radio's interface. From there I paired to the radio. It gave me a selection of 2 "jeph's iPhones" the first one was my new phone. I deleted the other one. I actually haven't been able to use the phone for taking calls. Maybe we have different systems?
Old 02-10-2015, 08:37 AM   #23
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro EMT View Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fmeQi33Ptk
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:42 PM   #24
Camaro EMT
7,875 Miles as of 08/2015

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
I also upgraded from the 4S to the 6, I was sure to copy and sync my new phone before paring it with the car. In the car I opened bluetooth on the phone and searched for the phone from the radio's interface. From there I paired to the radio. It gave me a selection of 2 "jeph's iPhones" the first one was my new phone. I deleted the other one. I actually haven't been able to use the phone for taking calls. Maybe we have different systems?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Thanks guys. Followed your advice and have the iPhone paired to the car for both calls and music now! I can even listen to the police, fire and EMS scanner app on my phone through the car's speakers, so I'm happy.
"All bleeding stops eventually." Camaro EMT

Camaro EMT is offline   Reply With Quote