Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #101
edz10ss
 
edz10ss's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver Metalic Ice w/ black Stripes
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ocean County-New Jersey
Posts: 246
Some of it is hot and other parts are a little much. Like the carbonfiber piece in rear. Taillights and how it goes across to other side.
edz10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #102
proxemics
 
Drives: 09 shelby GT500
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: saudi Arabia
Posts: 162
No thanks
__________________

2005 honda accord DD
2009 shelby GT500
1990 LS1 foxbody.Sold
1996 mustang GT.Sold
1994 corvette.Sold
2000 mustang.Sold
1987 camaro Z28.Sold
1985 Supra.Sold
2008 mustang GT.Sold
proxemics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #103
stand-al0ne
Phase 2 Complete!
 
stand-al0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro/ 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamlando, FL
Posts: 1,076
Sure why not, but its got too much going on in some areas. However, if aggressive was the objective, then it nailed it
__________________
BMR | IPF | Vararam| MRT | MGW | Nitto | Rx | Iggee | ZL-1 Sways | Hurst | Apex Racing |Past: Srt-4| 6.0L GTO- RIP | '98 Integra
stand-al0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #104
Zeus95

 
Zeus95's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oak Forest - ILL
Posts: 1,068
I agree, with alot of you guys. A little much, but still pretty cool. Love the Red color
__________________
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #105
Lydon
 
Lydon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 642
Love that color RED. Chev is not known for a good red, so that one is def a nice sight.
__________________
Karen
Lydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #106
unclepat
Owner of Red Heat
 
unclepat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro V6
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 33
So where do I place my order??
unclepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #107
Dmac
 
Drives: 2002 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 123
I actually like this. It has potential.
Dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #108
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclepat View Post
So where do I place my order??
Not sure if your serious or not but if so here is there email address. info@chrome-and-carbon.ne
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #109
Cmlloveless

 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winchester, Ca
Posts: 896
I'm sold. Maybe it's a new generation thing, and as I am much younger than a lot of people on here I have to say I love it! I am going to email them and see about the cost after I remove a few item (dont want the hood, spoiler, or those rediculous looking vents on the front fenders and rear quarter panel). Other than those few parts I wan this kit! Way better than the Bomex by far. This kit has me hooked, wont rest until its on my car!

If I get this I will have a bunch of aftermarket parts I will be selling for cheaper than you can get them for retail (i.e. T3 bumper, cdc rear valence, AAC side markers, razzi side skirts, vented front fenders, dj grilles upper and lower front grille, etc.)
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #110
Cmlloveless

 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winchester, Ca
Posts: 896
woot-woot, email has been sent... If all goes how I want I will be sporting most of this kit!
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #111
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
woot-woot, email has been sent... If all goes how I want I will be sporting most of this kit!
I already got an email from them.. They said they wouldnt split up the kit. Here is the email they sent me..


Hello – Thank you for your email. The Camaro GUYVER wide body kit is our original concept – designed & manufactured exclusively by us. This kit is not yet available anywhere else in the world. It has to be installed only as a package and we do not sell this kit as individual parts.

Please find the details on the package below:

- Camaro GUYVER CARBON Widebody Package – $18,000 or 13,500 Euros
The package includes front bumper w/ daytime-running LED lights, front splitter (carbon), front grille (upper, carbon), front grille (lower, carbon), Hood w/ intake scoops (carbon), wide body fenders kit w/ intake scoops (carbon), side skirts w/ door panels (carbon), rear bumper, rear diffuser, rear diffuser splitters (carbon), rear spoiler (carbon), tail lights trims (carbon), exhaust tips and 22” C&C Forged wheels.


I replied to them asking if the rims could be taken out since im sure they are a big chunck of the $18,000 but never got a reply.
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #112
brada
 
brada's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM SS 6spd manual
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Surrey bc canada
Posts: 152
waaaaaayyyy to much.. they need to scale it back about 85%...
brada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #113
Cmlloveless

 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winchester, Ca
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
I already got an email from them.. They said they wouldnt split up the kit. Here is the email they sent me..


Hello – Thank you for your email. The Camaro GUYVER wide body kit is our original concept – designed & manufactured exclusively by us. This kit is not yet available anywhere else in the world. It has to be installed only as a package and we do not sell this kit as individual parts.

Please find the details on the package below:

- Camaro GUYVER CARBON Widebody Package – $18,000 or 13,500 Euros
The package includes front bumper w/ daytime-running LED lights, front splitter (carbon), front grille (upper, carbon), front grille (lower, carbon), Hood w/ intake scoops (carbon), wide body fenders kit w/ intake scoops (carbon), side skirts w/ door panels (carbon), rear bumper, rear diffuser, rear diffuser splitters (carbon), rear spoiler (carbon), tail lights trims (carbon), exhaust tips and 22” C&C Forged wheels.


I replied to them asking if the rims could be taken out since im sure they are a big chunck of the $18,000 but never got a reply.
Yea I was hoping to take out some of the parts to scale back the cost as well as some of it is fugly and ruins the rest of what the kit looks like (ugly big black vents). I agree that $1800 is way to much for the kit seeing as how you can get the Bomex kit (which has similar parts) for a fraction of that cost. Understanding that the carbon fiber adds price I still wouldn't expect a kit like this to cost much more than about $2000 over what the bomex kit is or a$6-$7k with wheels included as well.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #114
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Yea I was hoping to take out some of the parts to scale back the cost as well as some of it is fugly and ruins the rest of what the kit looks like (ugly big black vents). I agree that $1800 is way to much for the kit seeing as how you can get the Bomex kit (which has similar parts) for a fraction of that cost. Understanding that the carbon fiber adds price I still wouldn't expect a kit like this to cost much more than about $2000 over what the bomex kit is or a$6-$7k with wheels included as well.
Honestly I dont think the price is that outrageous considering how many parts you actually are getting. I would assume the wheels alone probably run 5 to 6k. So if you take them off, the kit would run about 12k which isnt that bad IMO. Carbon fiber is expensive and you would basically be replacing every part on the car with the full kit, with the exception of the and roof lol. It even comes with door panels. IMO the bombex look like a POS and thats probably why it costs alot less. I mean think about it, how many cars have you seen with the kit?

I really like widebodys and I wish there was a really nice kit available but right now IMO there isnt, other than this one. I spoke with supervettes.com and they said they have a kit in the works for the Camaro.. They make amazing widebody kits for the Corvette so I assume whatever they come up with will blow the competition away.

Check out the pics near the bottom of this thread I linked below to see what they are about to release for the C6. It will give you an idea of what they could do for the Camaro..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...post1580007207
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #115
jcamere94z28

 
jcamere94z28's Avatar
 
Drives: None
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,315
wicked!
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #116
Cmlloveless

 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winchester, Ca
Posts: 896
I'm actually wondering what it would cost to have this kit replicated by a shop closer to home? If they could mimic it close enough and remove the parts I dont want as well as me being able to now pick my own wheels... I would do it in a heart beat.

Anyone have any idea what something like this would cost to have made as a one off?

If it is anything under $18000 I would consider it as it would save me shipping as well as allowing me to only use the pieces I like, and also then having to pay another $8000 for an install.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #117
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech
 
Russo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raceland, LA
Posts: 1,382
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
$12k for the kit without rims would be fair
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #118
Cmlloveless

 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winchester, Ca
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
$12k for the kit without rims would be fair
That is what I was thinking $10-$12k, and mainly do to all the CF parts. $18k should be after install and maybe $20k with install and paint (depending on paint choices you make).
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #119
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
I'm actually wondering what it would cost to have this kit replicated by a shop closer to home? If they could mimic it close enough and remove the parts I dont want as well as me being able to now pick my own wheels... I would do it in a heart beat.

Anyone have any idea what something like this would cost to have made as a one off?

If it is anything under $18000 I would consider it as it would save me shipping as well as allowing me to only use the pieces I like, and also then having to pay another $8000 for an install.
I think a one off would be even more.. The R&D, molds etc. for a 1 off project would be alotttt of cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
$12k for the kit without rims would be fair
I agree
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #120
Cmlloveless

 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winchester, Ca
Posts: 896
No molds necissary for a 1 off... Molds would be for if they were going to make the kit again. Not sure how much r&d would be needed if I provided all the pictures. I don't know though as I've never actually had to make a body kit before.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #121
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
No molds necissary for a 1 off... Molds would be for if they were going to make the kit again. Not sure how much r&d would be needed if I provided all the pictures. I don't know though as I've never actually had to make a body kit before.
Yeah your right, wouldnt need molds lol.. Im sure it would be very expensive. You have to consider how much time would have to be put into it and the fact that they will only be selling one. When selling multiple kits they can sell for less because as they sell them they will profit over time. The first few they sell will just recoup costs for time spent as well as material. With a one off they would have to make enough money to cover there expenses as well as make a profit off of just one person. That might be confusing the way I worded it but it makes sense in my head lol.
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #122
Cmlloveless

 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winchester, Ca
Posts: 896
Nope not confusing... Makes sense... Might be worth still asking a few shops just in case!
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #123
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Nope not confusing... Makes sense... Might be worth still asking a few shops just in case!
Yeah definitely, you never know unless you ask. Keep us updated.
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #124
bhut
 
bhut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 128
$18K for the kit, $10K for paint, $6k for wheels and tires, and $10k to make it run and handle like it looks... or $50 to race it around on a track on an Xbox game in 6 months. I'd prefer an Xbox version to trying to maneuver that thing anywhere I drive.
__________________
Thanks to Becky D at Rodgers Chevrolet
bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #125
Maro99

 
Maro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Heel toe express..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Charleston, S.C
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhut View Post
$18K for the kit, $10K for paint, $6k for wheels and tires, and $10k to make it run and handle like it looks... or $50 to race it around on a track on an Xbox game in 6 months. I'd prefer an Xbox version to trying to maneuver that thing anywhere I drive.
lol.. The 18k includes the wheels, although that still dosent make it cheap by any means.
__________________
Camaro SOLD :(
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PEDDERS SUCCESSFULLY FITS 305s ON ALL 4 CORNERS! Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 467 06-11-2013 09:45 PM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.