Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Anyone running BC coilovers

I was looking for some review on the BC coilovers... i wanted to go with pfadt as everything else under my car is pfadt but dont want to drop the 2k after already putting 30k in her.... thanks for the reviews...
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Please forgive me for entering in with my $.02 but I would think that after spending $30k you would want to make sure it's all sitting on the best suspension possible! I understand that after spending that much money it's tough to come up with a little more for another mod. Suggestion, why not meet in the middle with a set of Pedder's XA's? From what I've read and heard from other members here, there IS a difference between XA's and BC's! For a couple hundred more the XA's offer better damping rates and a more strict quality control proccess and tighter specs! I'm sure JusticePete can chime in here with regard to that!

I decided on the XA's myself after considering the BC's mostly because of the support that is available from Pete and Pedders. As far as the Pfadts go I don't think you can go wrong there either, just cost more! It sounds like you went all out with Pfadt suspension stuff so why cheap out on coilovers?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
BCR coil overs rock. That is all.

Last edited by Whiteside Customs; 02-05-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I'll be doing BCR whenever I make the jump. Let me be clear, that's no reflection on Pedders. Pete gave me his personal cell at 1130pm to help me, so I couldn't have more respect for the guy. I also have other pedders products on my car. For me it comes down to cost. From what I've heard, they're very similar. I think you're getting a great piece from BCR, pfadt or pedders.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I had a feeling I was opening Pandora's box with my post! As a consumer all I have to go with is what you vendors tell us and user reviews! On one side I hear there IS a difference on the other side it's lies and they are the same! I would love to see an independent study of the 2 brands to examine if there really is a difference, but in the end my decision, like I said, was primarily on the support I felt comfortable with at Pedders!

By the way, not all BCR buyers are satisfied. I almost bought a used set from a member here but decided to wait. When asked why he was selling he said " I'm looking for some coilovers that are a little more robust".

Last edited by ssmike; 02-05-2012 at 04:40 PM.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I had a feeling I was opening Pandora's box with my post! As a consumer all I have to go with is what you vendors tell us and user reviews! On one side I hear there IS a difference on the other side it's lies and they are the same! I would love to see an independent study of the 2 brands to examine if there really is a difference, but in the end my decision, like I said, was primarily on the support I felt comfortable with at Pedders!

By the way, not all BCR buyers are satisfied. I almost bought a set from used a member here but decided to wait. When asked why he was selling he said " I'm looking for some coilovers that are a little more robust".
I really wasn't trying to say anything against you but it seems that the general consensus is that these coil overs are different. I assure you they are not. I'm willing to ship a coil over for independent testing to prove it.

More robust can mean a lot of things. I have sold hundreds of these coil overs. I have a money back guarantee. Simply ship the coil overs back to me for a full refund. No one has ever taken me up on it.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
I was looking for some review on the BC coilovers... i wanted to go with pfadt as everything else under my car is pfadt but dont want to drop the 2k after already putting 30k in her.... thanks for the reviews...
What part of Texas are you in? You can swing by my shop and I'll throw you the keys to one of my personal Camaro's to let you see for yourself.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
Whipped416

im around victoria texas... also i headers bc and pedders are the same ... thats why i was asking.. have done tons of research and looks like bs make the pedders coil overs.....
Old 02-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #9
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have had them on for about 8 months or so. Love them. Big improvement in handling with no loss in ride comfort. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
We have been sellng BC Coilovers for a while now and have had zero complaints. Great product!
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
Whipped416

does BC make Pedders coilover for them??
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #12
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That question has been asked a million times. Do a search and read all the threads, then decide for yourself. Pedders says no.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #13
John@AutoAgenda

Drives: 2004 GTO
We have sold countless sets of BC's to our GTO customers who have fallen in love with them and we have a hard time keeping up with the demand for them. That coupled with the amazing performance you get for the price they are an awesome option for the Camaro.

All of our Camaro customers that we have sold them to have never complained or said anything negative about them and don't anyone tell you because you aren't spending high dollars on parts that you can't be just as happy with something that performs as well for cheaper.
John@AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #14
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I have BC Coilovers on my Camaro as well. Mike@Whiteside put mine on. I've only had them on the car for about 5 months now but they have been great so far. My car is lower than when I had Hotchkis springs and now it rides much better. I think it rides as good if not better than stock. Also, when I got the right settings for drag racing they helped me pick up .2 tenths in the 1/8th mile (you'll probably get that from any good coilover though). Just pointing out that they do work.

For me, I was lucky enough just to scrape up the money for BC. I initially wanted to go Pedders XA but I was able to get the BC coils, have them installed by Mike, get an alignment done, and I still had about $200 left over compared to what I was quoted just for XA coilovers.

Now, one other thing to consider with BC vs Pedders or Pfadt is how you adjust your rears. Some people may or may not care about this but basically with Pedders or Pfadt you have to make your adjustments for the rears under the car versus BC are done through the trunk. I'm not saying it's super hard or that big of deal to make adjustments under the car but personally I like opening up my trunk and having access right there. Now, the downside (if you want to consider it that) is that you have to cut some wholes in your trunk in order to get the adjustment knobs. No big deal to me but to others it is. That's just going to be a personal preference thing.

Everyone has their own personal reasons for picking which coilover they like but for me the price and quality where right where I needed it to be for BC coilover. So far I'm happy and definately recommend them to others.

Here is my thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172436
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote