Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
DETROIT2010Camaro

Drives: ALL Chevys
Seen a RED JEWEL TINTCOAT (RJT) CTF in person...and talked to the GM worker...(pics).

I have said this before that since im in Detroit Michigan I have had the chance to see Camaros alllll the time on the FWY, park outside of Wal-Mart, or just SPEED right pass me!!!....

But today I finally got a chance to talk with one of the GM worker that get to drive it...

I was out in Southgate,MI headed to the movies, driving in circles looking for somewhere to park, when I seen a (RJT) pull in. So I quickly whip around and got behind him..lol..he let his wife(?) off at the door...and I STAYED behind him and PARK RIGHT NEAR HIM....

So not to hold him up, we WALKed and TALKed from the car until we got inside and met up with our people we came with.

Talked about lil simple stuff like the hurst, the reason cars on hold, etc...He told me about how many CTF cars was out there and that AS SOON AS ANYTHING GOES WRONG ON THE CAR, they are suppose to call and report it that day so they can fix it and then make sure production cars dont have the same type of problem!!...WAS GLAD TO HEAR THAT!!!

Well we split and goes to different movies. BUT the whole time im in my movie I was 1st thinking like "Man I HOPE his movie longer so the car is still there when I leave"....and 2nd..."Man its a CTF outside..ITS A CTF OUTSIDE, I want to leave my girl and my bro in here and just watch that car for the whole time length of the moive"...

My movie ended first, so I Speed walk out and see its still there so I could take pics for you guys on here.....

SO SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY, BUT HERE ARE THE PICS...hope you guys enjoy...

(all pics are OG size that my iPhone took them in so that if you want to resize and use them...then ya can..)
Attached Images

DETROIT2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
the bumper color doesn't look exactly the same :(

Old 04-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #3
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
I see that's another one where the paint on the fender doesn't match the front bumper cover. You can see it in the picture that shows the hood, fender, and bumper meet. The color is 2 different shades of RJT. Man, I hope they fix this.

EDIT: Supermans beat me to it
Old 04-26-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
I see that's another one where the paint on the fender doesn't match the front bumper cover. You can see it in the picture that shows the hood, fender, and bumper meet. The color is 2 different shades of RJT. Man, I hope they fix this.

EDIT: Supermans beat me to it
Faster than a speeding bullet..lol..except in bed ofcourse..
Old 04-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
budman1964

Drives: 2004 Corvette, 1967 Camaro,
I'm a little uneasy about the mismatch in paint from the front end of the car to the fender/hood. This is very noticable in these pictures, even from the different angles. I understand that it could have something to do with the metal vs. plastic surfaces, but if that is the case, they should make adjustments to the color for this. I hope it isn't this noticeable in person..I ordered the IOM 2SS back on 11-01-08 and haven't noticed anything this obvious in any pictures I have seen of my color, so hopefully I am all worried about nothing.

Pict taken after stripes and tinted windows 7-02-09
budman1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #6
CommandoSS

Drives: 05 Chevy Avalanche, 67 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Faster than a speeding bullet..lol..except in bed ofcourse..
You felt that clarification was need?

lol
Old 04-26-2009, 04:03 AM   #7
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Got me a bit nervous too, especially since I ordered RJT. Looks like a crummy repaint after an accident.
I've noticed this in other pix on the forum and am thinking it can't be the camara or the angle. Did the front bumper supplier get the tint wrong....mmmm.....

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Order white, lol
Old 04-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #9
HuJass

Drives: GM
That's a CTF car.
The production RJT I saw matched perfectly.
As a matter of fact, there are pictures of it on the last page of the RJT thread. Check 'em out.
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #10
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
That's a CTF car.
The production RJT I saw matched perfectly.
As a matter of fact, there are pictures of it on the last page of the RJT thread. Check 'em out.

CTF = Captured Test Fleet

As for the mis-matching paint, this problem has been address to the best of thier ability and pretty much is now unnoticeable in the production models we are seeing today, however, there may be some slight shade differences due to the fact of materials ( plastic vs. sheet metal ) and angles of panels too!
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
camaroqueen
Jules11 is home!

Drives: 2SS/RS/M-6 RJT/BLK 'Vert
Send a message via AIM to camaroqueen
Yahoo! Won't be long now

Okay!! We are seeing camaros out now, but when will we see ours? I can hardly wait! The CTF/RJT is kinda upsetting w/the mismatch, especially since that's the color I ordered. I am still pumped though.
DETROIT2010CAMARO thanks for catching the pics 4 us!! I would have probably left the movie & group - bathroom break u know! LOL
camaroqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #12
Beechdoctor

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

These are early production CTF cars that would not be built to the same standards as normal production. They are mules intended to shake out the bugs before the "real cars" are turned loose and rework issues like color shift assumingly would be allowed to pass. That being said, I read something from one of the Oshawa employees in another thread that the plastic bumpers are painted by the vendor and not with the rest of the car. This would explain the inconsistant color match. Can anyone confirm this???

Especially in diminshed light, paint will appear to have a different shade if the application process is not tightly controlled. The Red Jewel and Inferno Orange Metallic paint it is likely very hard to get a proper match due to variences of how the metallic particles "lay" when it's sprayed due to the mil thicknees of the base color along with other variables if not painted out of the same gun....Red colors typically don't cover as well due to low pigment ratios when compared to other colors.

I'm not worried about panel matching...quality inspectors at Oshawa know they can't make obvious mistakes (expect brake wieghts ) with these cars during economic times when they will have to earn every sale. Pictures of production cars paint thus far, appears to match well.
Beechdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
^ confirmed...vendors do paint the bumpers.

I saw an IOM 2SS/RS on Thursday and it matched.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #14
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Does anyone think it may be this car with a bad repair job???:

Old 04-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #15
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.

LOL....good point
Old 04-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #16
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:

LOL, could be!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #17
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
This guy feels like an @$$ right about now in this pic...
Old 04-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #18
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
That is exactly what i was thinking, damage repair!
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:58 AM   #19
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
So if I keep asking you to NOT judge the CTF fleet on the color matching would you ever believe me?

Look, I can't make any guarantee. But I can tell you there IS a process for checking paint match.

2LT and 2SS CTF cars don't even have the correct interiors in them so please stop jumping on these threads picking appart the CTF cars. It is why they are built.

If it is a production car then it's a different story. Go find the Camaro5 OWNERS who have picked up a RJT and judge those.

But alas me thinks only Fbodfather could sway you otherwise.

No one at GM is saying this would be acceptable for a production unit and certainly not me. But for a CTF vehicle, Oshawa and our suppliers are still tweaking the last few details.

For example, has anyone posted a color mismatch of the rear fascia (please stop calling it a bumper)? No I haven't seen that. So a few CTF cars have a front mismatch that I can assure you is being addressed. If you guys see it, I absolutely guarantee the folks building the cars in Oshawa are addressing it. They are FAR more picky than you guys.

BTW, this thread started with a member who was really excited about spotting a Camaro, getting some pictures and sharing the experience. Which was and is quite cool.

Last edited by Number 3; 04-27-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #20
DETROIT2010Camaro

I agree with NUMBER3!!! I posted these for you guys to see and not pick it apart about color... trust me...IT MATCHED in person....maybe it was the iphone cam...maybe it was 6pm clouds...who knows...but I do not remember it being mismatched...and trust me...I walked around that car so much that my girl got mad at me and went and SAT and STARTED the Impala up becuz she was ready to go......

I swear if GM made the tires, you guys would cry about the tires not reflecting all the water back to the ground and that some is gettin on the car....

Side Note:
Number3....do you be in Royal Oak area sometimes??...
Old 04-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #21
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:

Oh god, I'm gone for a week and I miss the first wrecked Camaro....can I get a link with info on this?
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
motorbuff69

Drives: 2010 camaro on order
It looks like to me that the car they are showing wreaked is the one in the pic that gazer-son posted yesterday. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=19996&page=5
motorbuff69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #23
motorbuff69

Drives: 2010 camaro on order
They have taken the fron end of the car off all ready in the pic.
motorbuff69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #24
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETROIT2010Camaro View Post
I agree with NUMBER3!!! I posted these for you guys to see and not pick it apart about color... trust me...IT MATCHED in person....maybe it was the iphone cam...maybe it was 6pm clouds...who knows...but I do not remember it being mismatched...and trust me...I walked around that car so much that my girl got mad at me and went and SAT and STARTED the Impala up becuz she was ready to go......

I swear if GM made the tires, you guys would cry about the tires not reflecting all the water back to the ground and that some is gettin on the car....

Side Note:
Number3....do you be in Royal Oak area sometimes??...
Have been on several occasions with Number 3 and 296.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #25
DETROIT2010Camaro

Well next time I will give you the TrailBlazer or the Impala and you let me take the Camaro....until mine come...lol....

Where might you be tomorrow?? lol...