Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
GingerCam

Drives: 2014 RED HOT 2SS/RS Camaro
Installing kenwood unit in alpine dash kit!

Hey y'all! We are installing my Kenwood 9980hd head unit with the alpine dash kit into my 2012 camaro tomorrow. I just wanted to know if there is anything in particular that I have to do different as far as wiring goes since I'm using a head unit other than alpine....thanks!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
Hamilton2400

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra/2015 GMC Acadia
The alpine kit comes wired with the connector made to fit the back of their units. All you have to do is cut that and connect your kenwoods
Hamilton2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
gill7784

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I copied the below from a post I made regarding the same topic. The SWC continue to be an issue...

Let’s talk wires – The Alpine kit does not maintain the more universal wire colors of the Scosche kit. There are really only two oddball wires that one need be concerned with. On the head unit side, the audio interrupt lead is pink/black (Scosche kit is solid brown). The reverse light lead is orange/white (Scosche kit is violet/white).

On the GM LAN bus side, there are two bundles of wire. Yellow/blue is the parking brake lead. Yellow/black is the foot brake lead. Pull them out of the wire bundle and toss them away. Just run your parking sensor lead from the head unit to a chassis ground.

Now for the problem – The Alpine kit assumes you are using an Alpine head unit, and therefor only supplies the 3.5mm male jack for steering wheel controls. For those of us who use another brand head unit, there is no support. The light blue/yellow SWC line from 24 pin connector found on the Scosche version is absent. What I really need to know is which spot on the Scosche version of the 24 pin connector houses the light blue/yellow SWC wire. After that, it’s a simple fix.

The only good Mustang is one who was prior enlisted.
gill7784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
^ that about wraps it up.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote