Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #18
Anthony @ LG Motorsports



 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,565
I'll have more updated pictures this week of the chassis as we prepare for the roll cage to be installed. Stay tuned!
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #19
Sawyer


 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 5.0
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,346
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Black M6
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
superchris
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO'S 3CC5
 
superchris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami,Fl
Posts: 137
cool!
__________________
superchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #21
Cam8
 
Cam8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Windermere
Posts: 195
Who's driving these cars?
__________________
2010 Black 2LT RS MRT v1, SS Brembos, 6M, Eibach Spings / bars, Heritage Grill, Barton Short Throw Shifter, AAC Interior Lighting
Cam8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
Anthony @ LG Motorsports



 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam8 View Post
Who's driving these cars?
Right now this first one will be our shop car unless a team or driver would like to purchase the car(s).
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #23
JWMotoring
 
JWMotoring's Avatar
 
Drives: SS Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,425
Send a message via Yahoo to JWMotoring
Subscribed

Looking FWD to the progress
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #24
Rocket01
 
Drives: 01 Trans Am WS6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Um, that's not white, LOL.
LOL that's exactly what I thought
Rocket01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #25
Bobby @ LG Motorsports

 
Bobby @ LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Cobra
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Plano TX
Posts: 130
Wiki - for the newbs

Body in white or BIW refers to the stage in automotive design or automobile manufacturing in which a car body's sheet metal components have been welded together — but before moving parts (doors, hoods, and deck lids as well as fenders) the motor, chassis sub-assemblies, or trim (glass, seats, upholstery, electronics, etc.) have been added and before painting.

The name derives from manufacturing practices before steel unibody or monocoque bodies — when automobile bodies were made by outside firms on a separate chassis with an engine, suspension, and fenders attached. The manufacturers built or purchased wooden bodies (with thin, non-structural metal sheets on the outside) to bolt onto the frame. The bodies were painted white prior to the final color.

A folk etymology for Body in White suggests the term derives from the appearance of a car body after it is dipped into a white bath of primer (undercoat paint)— despite the primer's actual gray color.

In car design, the Body in White phase refers to the phase in which the final contours of the car body are worked out, in preparation for ordering of the expensive production stamping die. Extensive computer simulations of crash worthiness, manufacturability, and automotive aerodynamics are required before a clay model from the design studio can be converted into a Body in White ready for production.

Factories may offer BIW cars to racers, who then may replace up to 90% of the car with aftermarket parts. Frequently racers must apply to purchase one of these cars.
Bobby @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #26
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night
 
FosterSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 486
^^^ I just firgured it was a race term ha, good to know! Subscribed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby @ LG Motorsports View Post
Wiki - for the newbs

Body in white or BIW refers to the stage in automotive design or automobile manufacturing in which a car body's sheet metal components have been welded together — but before moving parts (doors, hoods, and deck lids as well as fenders) the motor, chassis sub-assemblies, or trim (glass, seats, upholstery, electronics, etc.) have been added and before painting.

The name derives from manufacturing practices before steel unibody or monocoque bodies — when automobile bodies were made by outside firms on a separate chassis with an engine, suspension, and fenders attached. The manufacturers built or purchased wooden bodies (with thin, non-structural metal sheets on the outside) to bolt onto the frame. The bodies were painted white prior to the final color.

A folk etymology for Body in White suggests the term derives from the appearance of a car body after it is dipped into a white bath of primer (undercoat paint)— despite the primer's actual gray color.

In car design, the Body in White phase refers to the phase in which the final contours of the car body are worked out, in preparation for ordering of the expensive production stamping die. Extensive computer simulations of crash worthiness, manufacturability, and automotive aerodynamics are required before a clay model from the design studio can be converted into a Body in White ready for production.

Factories may offer BIW cars to racers, who then may replace up to 90% of the car with aftermarket parts. Frequently racers must apply to purchase one of these cars.
__________________
(SOLD)2011 SS LS3- All Black, Cammed w/ a few other mods...
1968 SS 396- currently being restored.
FosterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #27
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover
 
calbert1999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Posts: 2,856
I wanna' see this on for sure.

Subscribed.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #28
Vanchevy
 
Vanchevy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2ss
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: prosper
Posts: 252
We will be watching as well to see something amazing
Vanchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #29
TAPSHIFT
 
TAPSHIFT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgetown, Ontario Canada......EH!
Posts: 213
World Challenge driver lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
Right now this first one will be our shop car unless a team or driver would like to purchase the car(s).
The World Challenge driver lineup that was just released shows Lou driving a Camaro in GTS. I'm guessing this is more than "a shop car".
TAPSHIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #30
Anthony @ LG Motorsports



 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPSHIFT View Post
The World Challenge driver lineup that was just released shows Lou driving a Camaro in GTS. I'm guessing this is more than "a shop car".
Other "shop cars"






Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #31
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 3,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
Other "shop cars"






Can I have this one. Just waive the $390,000.00 please.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #32
TAPSHIFT
 
TAPSHIFT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgetown, Ontario Canada......EH!
Posts: 213
World Challenge

Looks like the Camaro "shop car" is being raced by Lou this weekend in Long Beach ??
TAPSHIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #33
Anthony @ LG Motorsports



 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,565
We are still in process of building this particular car. We did purchase a completed car and have spent the last few weeks making it our own and testing.

Lou will be driving the #28 LG Motorsports GTS Camaro at this weekend's Long Beach GP in SCCA World Challenge.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #34
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp
 
pyr0b0y's Avatar
 
Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 4,127
Is the IOM one yours or the yellow one you guys posted on Facebook over the weekend?
__________________


Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT5 Camaro pics brantley847 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 93 05-27-2013 09:35 PM
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 01:45 AM
Camaro Slated for Grand-Am KONI Challenge GS Class in 2009. garfin Camaro Motorsports Discussions 8 05-23-2009 01:15 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 07:56 PM
Camaro KONI Challenge racecar to be built by Riley Technologies JustinZS Camaro Motorsports Discussions 0 11-04-2008 01:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.