Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

USA - NY / NJ / PA NY, NJ, PA

Old 04-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
Derrick06

Drives: 00 Nissan Altima, College Ride
Greensburg, Pa Area New Camaros???

Does anyone around the area have a new camaro or know of a dealer that had one yet?
Derrick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Well according to this thread

Those 26 Camaro's are going to be distributed throughout the tri-state county ...Just a guess

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
There was one at Century III in West mifflin. But I am not sure of others. I woudl be happy to show you my car as soon as it shows up...probably this week.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
Derrick06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Well according to this thread

Those 26 Camaro's are going to be distributed throughout the tri-state county ...Just a guess
hopefully soon cant wait to see one
Old 04-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
Derrick06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
There was one at Century III in West mifflin. But I am not sure of others. I woudl be happy to show you my car as soon as it shows up...probably this week.
dam is it still there?
Old 04-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
It may be...it was a 2SS rally Yellow, with an auto...But i have no idea if still there. It was actually for sale. I think they ordered it as a stock car!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
prfireman

Drives: 1969 Pontiac Firebird
Chapman Chevy has a bunch in Philadelphia
prfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
10redrocket

Drives: 2SS Camaro LS3
Watson also has one. Not sure of color or trim package.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #9
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
As of yesterday, the yellow SS/RS is still at Century III. They want ~$40k for it.
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #10
bkwagonss

Drives: 2011 Caprice PPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick06 View Post
Does anyone around the area have a new camaro or know of a dealer that had one yet?
Are you going to Carlisle GM Nationals?
I'll be there with mine.

BTW, I was born Jeannette, haven't been back in years.
bkwagonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #11
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Greensburg, huh? Ever heard of the local band "Coping with Carmer"?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
Scrapppy666

****UPDATE on Century III's camaros

Just stopped in to get my first look at production cars in person and wow... they look even better in person hands down. They have a yellow 2ss/rs, automatic, ground effects and black stripes... sticker price says ~$39,8xx or so and they were selling for 40,100.... ALREADY SOLD!.... other car kind of pissed me off... here's the story.

I look over, black 2ss/rs,m6, IO interior and getting IO stripes.... hood is off the car?? and car is covered in some greasy residue/overspray... smelled like pb blaster or something. Hood was next to the car on stands, water-sanded down. I was told by the salesman (who didn't know very much at all - ill get to him later) that the entire car was to be repainted.... Both cars had polished 20s which look friggen sweet in person. Black car was already sold as well... im sure the buyer isn't amused his car f'd up already. Regardless, black w/ IO interior is just ridiculously sweet looking but I'm bias (me: owns black El Camino w/ red interior).

Now on to the salesman, nice guy, been there 6 weeks according to him and it was fairly obvious as he hadn't quite perfected his swindling technique yet. Asks if I was planning on buying one, told him potentially, maybe order in a few months or wait till next spring. Asked if he could open the door and told me no, cars sold.... blah blah blah, don't know where keys are... blah blah. Said yellow ss is the first in PA, told him doubtful, I know of a few dealers who have them. He also tells me, it's "not legal" to buy and take off the lot until May 6th.... obviously not a reader of this board who would know a few ppl have them in their driveways. So I ask him, do you have anything on the lot that is CGM (I've never seen it in person) and he said they had a Traverse(sp?) up on the hill. We walk the hill and he points me to a SILVER one.... so I spot the CGM Traverse and proceed that direction. I was shocked.... CGM looks absolutely terrible in person on the Traverse.... it is a bit cloudy today so may not have the same affect but wow, I was disappointed.

BTW this is not intended to bash the salesman, he was a nice guy and attempted to answer my questions and and had no comment when I corrected a few of his responses.... Just in case someone from Century III reads this, don't fire him, I'm sure he was saying what you programmed him to say.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #13
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
i went to CIII on thursday the salesman let me in the black one that had the hood off of it. i poked around for a minute or two and then went and talked to the guy that does the ordering.. but i decided im going to castriotta on w.liberty to order mine. the salesman made the difference followed up with me like he said he would but i got there to late to see the cloth interior 1ss they had.. owner picked it up
flyinglow57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
Scrapppy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglow57 View Post
i went to CIII on thursday the salesman let me in the black one that had the hood off of it. i poked around for a minute or two and then went and talked to the guy that does the ordering.. but i decided im going to castriotta on w.liberty to order mine. the salesman made the difference followed up with me like he said he would but i got there to late to see the cloth interior 1ss they had.. owner picked it up

Like I said, the salesman I had was a noob so it's likely he didn't have clearance to let me sit in the car. BTW, did the black car still have that spray all over it?

I hate Century III as it is, just knew they had two and it was close to my house so I went to check it out. Would never buy or service a car there for obvious reasons.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #15
bobbyjpgh

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Summit White A6
I bought my car from Cent3 n I was the 3rd ordered one to come in. I dealt w Bill the fleet mgr n he was straight n honest w me. Everyone was cool and if it was your car u wouldn't want anyone to sit in it either. As far as dealing w car dealerships it was one of the best car buying experiences I have had. And I have bought 5 new cars in the last 10yrs. I went with my brother to a smaller dealership in Bentleyville Pa yesterday only to deal w a smart ass salesman who was mad I already had an SS before them. By the way don't go there and if u do go back to Cent 3 ask for Bill Androski he will take care of u
bobbyjpgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:43 AM   #16
bobbyjpgh

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Summit White A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglow57 View Post

That 1SS was mine
bobbyjpgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #17
Scrapppy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyjpgh View Post
I bought my car from Cent3 n I was the 3rd ordered one to come in. I dealt w Bill the fleet mgr n he was straight n honest w me. Everyone was cool and if it was your car u wouldn't want anyone to sit in it either. As far as dealing w car dealerships it was one of the best car buying experiences I have had. And I have bought 5 new cars in the last 10yrs. I went with my brother to a smaller dealership in Bentleyville Pa yesterday only to deal w a smart ass salesman who was mad I already had an SS before them. By the way don't go there and if u do go back to Cent 3 ask for Bill Androski he will take care of u
Congrats on picking up your car! I didn't even want to sit in the car when I was there, just wanted to get a better look inside. I totally agree with you, I wouldn't want someone sitting in my car either, let alone the employee that has to move it around the dealership. I'll definitely keep his name in mind if I do decide to check them out for pricing when I decide to order, thanks for that. If you don't mind my asking, did you pick it up for MSRP or did they jack the price up a bit? I know the loaded 2ss they had with ground effects and stripes they were up about 1k over MSRP.