Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #51
HEMI DAVE

Drives: GWE 392/Super Bee SRT8/Turbo 350Z
Wow that really sucks!!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:35 PM   #52
DDustiNN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to DDustiNN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumleb View Post
With less than 40 miles on my new 2010 Camaro 2SS , she broke already. Sad, but true. Not that I've wanted this car for 14 years or that I've wanted this particular car for over 2 years. Finally got one and barely got 20 minutes of driving time in. It just quit. We think it's an electrical problem. Help.... I can't find anything online about the car having any problems. It's so new..... Thankfully my husband was driving the car at the time, only going about 3-5 miles per hour, cruising through a parking lot. The car just shut down. He coasted as far as he could to be out of the way of traffic, OMG so many people saw her broke... I'm so sad about it. Keys were locked in the ignition and it wouldn't come out of gear (Park). FYI for those that have this happen to them. In the Owners Manual on page 8-23, Shift Lock Manual Release. If it weren't for me having the owners manual the tow truck driver may have drug my car onto the flat bed. With the car in gear the back wheels were locked. Drag it up the flat bed. Boy did my stomach hit the pavement when he suggested that. Needless to say the tow truck company stored my baby overnight, for her windows were down and the keys were in the ignition, I didn't want to have her sit outside the dealerships service department. She's there now and awaiting the fine knowledge of Chevrolets, hopefully, highly trained technicians. I hope to have her back real soon. Kinda like a tease ya know...... Sucks majorly...
Sounds horrible!!! I would be so if that happened to me...

Now, I'm not taking sides on this, but I just have to say that this really doesn't make sense to me. Going that slow, in a parking lot... how far could you possibly coast? And is there really that much "traffic" to get out of the way of? And best of all... how was he driving with the car in park? Again, I'm not trying to make any accusations... I'm just trying to make sense of your story. Could you explain this a little better?

Thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #53
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
sorry to hear hope you get your car back soon

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
Old 04-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #54
Bumleb

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Rally Yellow
The picture of it on the bed of the tow truck is outside the dealership. You need to step off man. This is real. Why would someone BS. Seriously, stop.....
Old 04-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #55
Bumleb

MY BROKE DOWN CAMARO ON THE BED OF A TOW TRUCK!

Seriously, it really happened! Bought and paid for and I don't even have it. It's in the Service Drive of my local Chevy Dealer.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #56
DDustiNN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to DDustiNN
Quote:
The picture of it on the bed of the tow truck is outside the dealership. You need to step off man. This is real. Why would someone BS. Seriously, stop.....
Quote:
Seriously, it really happened! Bought and paid for and I don't even have it. It's in the Service Drive of my local Chevy Dealer.
I didn't say you were BSing, it just honestly didn't make sense to me how it happened. I'm genuinely curious! Good luck though, hope it gets fixed quickly.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #57
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Relax Bumleb. If people here are objective enough to listen, they will and learn from what you went through. If they choose to be ignorant and ignore it, well, that would give you free reign to say, "I told ya so!" If you do happen to have the VIN number on your car, it might help explain a lot depending on how high or low your number is. If you could provide it, it could be most helpful in assisting those here in identifying the mechanical/electrical problem.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #58
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I didn't say you were BSing, it just honestly didn't make sense to me how it happened. I'm genuinely curious! Good luck though, hope it gets fixed quickly.
Well, get all the facts first before you start laying the smackdown bro. She's obviously upset, frazzled and disappointed. Take a chill pill man.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #59
Bumleb

OK Everyone who doesn't believe me. I ordered my car, October 13th at around 10am, California time. It arrived Monday, April 20th. One day before the expected delivery date. Tuesday it was PDI'd and sent for the stripes. The stripes tore and were reordered. Then I just decided that I'm going to have the stripes painted one. Anyway. Took delivery of the car Friday night. Drove it appx. 10 miles and it just died. When I did drive it, it drove like a dream. I've been telling people it's the 3rd most perfect thing I've ever seen, 1st and 2nd being my two children. But next is this car. An absolute dream come true. Everything about it is perfect. Although I have to agree with some blogs, the seat belt strap does lay a little high on the left shoulder/neck. But, in regards to acceleration and fit, as I press on the gas pedal I fall back into the drivers seat. And it grips the road like super glue, it's great. Great handling and wonderful response. The Perfect Car!!! Aside from the minor issue of it not working at present.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #60
Bumleb

I'm farely new at this website. I am enjoying all the info. I didn't realize the vin would explain so much. 2G1FK1EJ9A9103025. What's in the Vin anyway? I do know that it was built on 4/3/09 at 9:54am.

I do apologize for being vauge in some senses. I am extremely frazzled. To have something of such magnitude and then have it ripped out of my hands. Sad to say the least.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 AM   #61
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
I'm farely new at this website. I am enjoying all the info. I didn't realize the vin would explain so much. 2G1FK1EJ9A9103025. What's in the Vin anyway? I do know that it was built on 4/3/09 at 9:54am.

I do apologize for being vauge in some senses. I am extremely frazzled. To have something of such magnitude and then have it ripped out of my hands. Sad to say the least.
It's fine don't worry about it.

People are asking about the vin so we can know what vin range of cars to look out for.

It might have something to do with cars built on the same day, but so far it seems to be an isolated issue, and not a very serious one.

thanks for sharing. Hope it turns out well.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #62
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
Right, so the 2010 Camaro on a tow truck isn't outside a dealership? Stop whining.
My mistake. I mistook that for a picture of a Camaro arriving at a dealership. As I said before, I was never saying this was impossible, just unlikely. Unfortunately it seems that however unlikely it actually happened. I'd be throwin a fit if they didn't have the car back to me in perfect working order within a couple days.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 04-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #63
Bumleb

I hope I'm the only one. It sucks it had to happen to me, but..... I sure do hope that I'm the only one. And I pray it never happens again. I plan on putting my babies in the back seat... I live where it gets in the 100's in summer, can't be stranded, not an option.

Thanks for bareing with me. I posted to see if anyone else had heard of such an incident. I will absolutely, post what I find out. I should know something Monday morning.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #64
Bumleb

DevilKnightFalcoln, I'm from Phoenix originally. Love your plate to the the right of your signature. Did you get a personlized one?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:24 AM   #65
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:

Please dont let the few on here represent the majority. Some people tend to think that the Camaro does no wrong and if anybody sais something that they dont agree with then the person is a "troll". I'm sorry to hear about your car and I'm sure it will be fixed soon. There is nothing worse then having something brand new break down so soon. Oh, and the Mustang guys will have a field day with the pic of your car on the rollback!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #66
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
Please dont let the few on here represent the majority. Some people tend to think that the Camaro does no wrong and if anybody sais something that they dont agree with then the person is a "troll". I'm sorry to hear about your car and I'm sure it will be fixed soon. There is nothing worse then having something brand new break down so soon. Oh, and the Mustang guys will have a field day with the pic of your car on the rollback!
oh so you weren't trolling back when you got banned?

please......
Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #67
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
Why is it so hard to believe a brand new car may have a problem? I didn't see what Bumleb has to gain by making this up. I would think he is just sharing what happened to him with us as a FYI. I hope I don't get this reaction if I post a legitimate post.

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/Subthump/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Old 04-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #68
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
We wish you good luck in your repairs. Everyone else who doesn't believe her can go away now.. I'm glad the car drove like a dream for the first 10 miles That is encouraging. You will enjoy painted stripes a lot better so it is a blessing they came in torn...
Old 04-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #69
Bumleb

Thanks for the defense Flynnaz. I wish it were fake, believe me.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #70
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
I hope I'm the only one. It sucks it had to happen to me, but..... I sure do hope that I'm the only one. And I pray it never happens again. I plan on putting my babies in the back seat... I live where it gets in the 100's in summer, can't be stranded, not an option.

Thanks for bareing with me. I posted to see if anyone else had heard of such an incident. I will absolutely, post what I find out. I should know something Monday morning.
Well, with a VIN in the 3000's, I would say it is definitely an isolated issue. Your car was not that early of a build. You'll have your car up and running again ASAP, but you might want to give the techs a good 2-3 days to do it right.

I have another question for you though. Does your car have those ugly brake calipers on them? Thanks!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #71
Bumleb

A true dream on 4 wheels. Unbelievably smooth. If I had to describe it in one word, DREAM!!!!!! And when I was getting on the freeway and accelerating, the force pushed me back in my seat. The seat that conforms to my backend, hips and back. The steering wheel is even perfect. There are even little thumby thingys. If your hands were at the 2 & 10 position, little knotches stick out where your thumbs would normally rest.

She's ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:45 AM   #72
Bumleb

The brake weights??? Yes...
Old 04-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #73
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
The brake weights??? Yes...
Ewwww......Guess they haven't worked out that issue yet.....Does that bother you at all?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:52 AM   #74
Bumleb

Thumbs up

Surely there is a good reason to have the weights on the brakes. I don't know that if I could say it bothers me. The Brembo brakes are good anyway..... There is a lot of talk about them.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:52 AM   #75
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
DevilKnightFalcoln, I'm from Phoenix originally. Love your plate to the the right of your signature. Did you get a personlized one?
Yes I ordered the personalized plate but as of right now I am not sure if I am going to keep it or not. I am currently trying to decide whether I am going to pay to have black stripes painted on the Rally Yellow or if I am going to switch my color to IOM with no stripes. If I stay with yellow I will of course keep the plate.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune

Closed Thread