Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Old 04-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
slvrbulit

Drives: 1967camaro and ordered 2010 LT
Smile Camaro's are in Edmonton

I finally seen a Camaro at the dealer April 25/09. I was thinking of ordering one but hadnt seen one yet, I had called a few dealers, and got a different story from each one about the statues of production and availabilty,the next day the dealer called and left the message " Guess what is sitting the show room". I was there the next morning. It is awsome, a SS loaded(presold already). I did order a LS cyber grey with black stripes(I have a 1967 camaro the same color). The SS was orange( it is an awsome red/orange). Has anyone had a dealer ask them for a $5,000-$10,000. premium??? one asked me for that after she already quoted me a price, than at the end asked for this on top of the msrp. I found a new dealer!!! They never asked for a premium. What gives/??? Is that ok to do that.
slvrbulit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
jgenest66

Drives: sim.2 SS/RS
I went in to edmonton motors on sat. the 25 saw the yellow rs/ss salesman said they are not charging anything over msrp mine is on order and to be built week of may 3 rd. I ordered mine from lakewood chev nothing over msrp
jgenest66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
SQUALO
SS D.O.B: June 5, 2009

Drives: 2010 SS IOM/WHITE RALLYS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbulit View Post
I finally seen a Camaro at the dealer April 25/09. I was thinking of ordering one but hadnt seen one yet, I had called a few dealers, and got a different story from each one about the statues of production and availabilty,the next day the dealer called and left the message " Guess what is sitting the show room". I was there the next morning. It is awsome, a SS loaded(presold already). I did order a LS cyber grey with black stripes(I have a 1967 camaro the same color). The SS was orange( it is an awsome red/orange). Has anyone had a dealer ask them for a $5,000-$10,000. premium??? one asked me for that after she already quoted me a price, than at the end asked for this on top of the msrp. I found a new dealer!!! They never asked for a premium. What gives/??? Is that ok to do that.
NO! it's not o.k to ask for premium, as least I don't think so. Send GM Canada an e-mail and let them know the circumstances, as you described, and see what kind of response you get.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
slvrbulit

Drives: 1967camaro and ordered 2010 LT
That is great to know when yours is going to be built. When did you order the camaro? and when were they able to give you the build date? I received an order # this morning, so I guess I am 1 step closer. The one I saw was at Murray Chev in Leduc. They did not charge over msrp. But said their may be a price increase from factory, depending when made. But I still only pay the sticker price from factory, hope this is a good thing???

Last edited by slvrbulit; 04-27-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: added more info
slvrbulit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:07 PM   #5
jgenest66

Drives: sim.2 SS/RS
I pre order back in oct. 17th
jgenest66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
CamChick

Drives: Black SS, IOM interior.
I'm going to order a fully loaded 2SS by the end of the week - I have been told by dealers that i can expect August or September for delivery. I have the build down...just can't decide on the colour - black (not sure about stripes - maybe silver) or yellow with black stripes....decisions, decisions....
CamChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Old news.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19235
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote