Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 03-12-2017, 12:19 AM   #1
Yellow 1

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS wknds. BMW320 weekdays
UK Camaro owner visitor to Austin Tx.

Hi fellas,
Looking for bit of advice/help. We're visiting family in Austin in 3 weeks and land in Houston to pick up a car (Camaro 6 hopefully) I recollect driving frm Houston to Austin back in mid-eighties and stopping off at a couple of old-car junkyards and taking photographs of a lotta stuff (even though I drive a Gen5 I started on a 66 mustang and moved up to a 72 Camaro - just love US cars) Anyways; was hoping that such old yards still exist & that some of you guys can recommend stop-offs for this sort of stuff ( and any other recommendations for petrol-heads to see in the area) Big thanks for any advice given. Cheers, Ed (Yellow 1)
Old 03-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
I cannot recommend exactly what you are looking for. However, driving from Houston to Austin on 290 is pretty boring. I drove the Hot Rod Power Tour last year from Houston to Austin going through a lot of small towns and with a lot more scenery. It was pretty cool.

Check out https://image.adam.automotive.com/f/...S3-JUN%203.pdf

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #3
jim78737

Drives: 2010 2LT Inferno Orange
When you get to Austin you might want to check out Mercury Charlie's. It's a old school hot rod shop that builds and maintains hot rods and muscle cars. His shop is west of Austin on Hwy 290. Defiantly worth the trip I think.
jim78737 is offline   Reply With Quote