Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 08-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
JB12ZL1

Drives: victory red Camaro ZL1
NTB Sucks and damaged my ZL1

Ntb damaged my car and knocked my lambo doors out of allignment. In turn denting door near latch and peeling paint off edge of fender and caused a small dimple in it. I should hear from manager today. What are the chances of them doing the right thing? All this happened trying to get a tire patched and they couldn't patch it...WTF. Any good lawyers on hear willing to do prob bono work?
JB12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:29 PM   #2
Jakey2SS

Drives: 15' Scat Pack
So you're still waiting to hear from the manager, don't even know how they're going to handle it... but you're already bashing them? Mistakes happen... people these days..
Jakey2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:46 PM   #3
JB12ZL1

Didn't bash anyone yet. But if I was a mechanic and a car like mine came in I'm extra careful. They were not in any means. Based on reviews it doesn't look good.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:25 PM   #4
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
They don't care what your car is. To them it's just another PO# to charge time against. That's why if there's a tire problem, I take the wheel OFF the car and take it to them. Then the only thing they can fugg up is the wheel and tire.

Good luck with them. Hope they make it right.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:51 PM   #5
sherob

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey2SS View Post
So you're still waiting to hear from the manager, don't even know how they're going to handle it... but you're already bashing them? Mistakes happen... people these days..
... reading comprehension these days!
Old 08-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #6
BTRSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Supercharged
Oy, hope they do the right thing. Good luck.
BTRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #7
JB12ZL1

Thanks guys!!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:39 PM   #8
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Drives: 2011 JRE SuperCharged 606RWHP SS/RS
I just had a 3 month long ordeal with NTB in my area with my truck. Good luck. I will never ever ever go back.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:53 PM   #9
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
How did they damage your door?
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:27 AM   #10
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I know the folks over at NTB and their head office. They are actually real car folks and truly do care about their customers. But, like any large comapny (and they are one of the largest auto repair there is) they have great employees and less then great. Give them a chance to make it right and keep in mind they are constantly dealing with people trying to take advantage of them. I work in the business and today was dealing with court papers for $10K from a guy who got a rad hose done 2 years ago and now says we ruined his engine. This is the kind of crap we all deal with daily.

Good luck and I'm definitely intestested in how this turns out.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #11
Slowhawk
LSX specialty shop

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Problem is the NTB and many other tire places hire kids and truthfully, what real mechanic that loves there job would change tires all day?

For this we always stay local mom, pop places that have long term employee's.

I doubt they ever seen a Camaro with lambo door's. I know the old kit's you had to be precise on opening/shutting those door's. Very easy to screw the paint up, dent if not holding correctly.

Bridgewater, Ma
(508)659-4454
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #12
SCHUSS
657 RWHP + 585 Torque

Drives: 13' HPE 700 ZL1, IOM vert, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
Problem is the NTB and many other tire places hire kids and truthfully, what real mechanic that loves there job would change tires all day?

For this we always stay local mom, pop places that have long term employee's.

I doubt they ever seen a Camaro with lambo door's. I know the old kit's you had to be precise on opening/shutting those door's. Very easy to screw the paint up, dent if not holding correctly.
No doubt. I steer anyone that asks me towards a local mom and pop shop, literally, mom works the phones, pop does the quotes and is old school muscle car / drag racer, son is out in the shop along with a great crew. I had gotten tires in the past from them and when I wanted to change my GY's to MPSS's I checked all over the net for pricing, then I said why not ask these guys. Lo and behold his prices were less installed then I found online just for tires and delivery.
Then when I go to change the tires out I'm of course nervous letting someone take my car, I tell the guy this is a 750+ HP car be careful, he without any attitude says I'll be very careful I'm used to it. I wonder what he's talking about, he invites me into the shop to watch, turns out to be the son and proceeds to tell be about his fathers 800+ HP drag car. Then treated my car like his, attention to ever detail, taking his time, and doing the job better then I could have hoped for. For anyone interested It's Morrison and Johnson in Tolland CT.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #13
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Well the update is on this is he got the Ol' NTB Go F'Urself today. Toldem to contact his insurance let them deal with NTB corporate. Course i'm sure he forgot to video camera everything.
Roto-Fab CAI | Ark N-II Exhaust | Elite Oil Catch Can | Setina Push Bumper | Vmax Ported TB | Vitesse Throttle Controller | VMax Ice-olator | EmblemPro's Custom Badges | Painted Underhood Accessories | Custom T3 Carbon Fiber Stripes | Vitesse Paddle Shifters | DT Shorty Headers
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #14
JB12ZL1

NTB so far hasn't done anything they said will do. No calls no discussions on how to fix the $985 in damage. Shop manager blew me off and said I have a blown shock and its my fault. Door works fineI said and had for four months until they touched it said manager stormed off and said I'm dealing with you call corporate. He didn't like the fact I said there is no excuse for what they did. I'll make one more call to corporate and then to solve it7.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:56 PM   #15
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Just go through your insurance man your dragging it out let them deal with NTB corporate for you.
Roto-Fab CAI | Ark N-II Exhaust | Elite Oil Catch Can | Setina Push Bumper | Vmax Ported TB | Vitesse Throttle Controller | VMax Ice-olator | EmblemPro's Custom Badges | Painted Underhood Accessories | Custom T3 Carbon Fiber Stripes | Vitesse Paddle Shifters | DT Shorty Headers
Old 09-14-2015, 07:30 AM   #16
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Let them know that you will take legal action if necessary, you will make sure that every enthusiast board and every friend and neighbor will know and that you will go the BBB to hurt their rating. Ask him if that is worth $1000. Wonder what they spend in advertising.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #17
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Pretty much what i told him to do right off dan lol.