Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #151
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 View Post
Sweet ride. Never been to keen on white but you got my eye on this one. Not to bring up bad memories on the Red velvet cake but me and my fiance were coming home one night from the movies and all of a sudden this loud bam against the side of the car. It was to bad to jar the car but only to shock you for a sec. I live near the country so I automatically assumed a small animal got hit by the ground effect near the passenger door. I pulled over at the nearest parking lot and shined the light and it was an Egg. I just had the paint job completed maybe a few weeks prior and Man I was pissed. I turned back to find them. No luck. But I cleaned it up with what I had at the time and it was just like Macdonal napkins. I was 20 min from the house and washed it with soap and water. The egg already done it's damage already tho. It made the paint crack or really looks dried out and where the shell hit sratched just above the window seal. Probably some kids or something but people don't have respect for other stuff anymore. IF they can't have it then you shouldn't ither kind of attitudes. But like the ride man and I noticed you blacked everything out on your lights except the Fog light. Autozone sells a lens tint. It's easy and looks great. You can see on my pics I did mine about a yr ago and still looks good. Bugs don't effect it.
Damn, sorry to hear about some little a-holes ruining your paint. That's worse than my cake...that's for sure. Same intent, though.

On a side note...you're black/IOM two-tone paint scheme is awesome!! Awesome car, man!

Actually, I did buy some tint for my DRL's and as I was putting it on I realized it wasn't near as dark as I wanted. I ordered them from a vendor on here and didn't realize they weren't dark enough when looking at pics on their site.

Below is a pic of when I was putting it on. You can clearly tell it doesn't look as dark as I'd want it to.

Thanks for the heads up on the Autozone tint. I'll have to check that out. Do you have to cut it yourself?
Attached Images

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #152
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
so......what's next for you now that you accomplished COTW??

Disneyland? LOL

Pumped to see ya getting all the much deserved love. Always thought that your car stood way out down in Florida during my time down there.

Ivan
LOL Thanks man. Naahh, not sure what I've got planned next. Instead of going to Disney MJ and I are going to hang out with the in-laws this weekend instead of going to the ECC cruise...... then maybe order a resontated x-pipe and some shorty headers . Hahaha. Any ideas where I can get a good deal Ivan????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStko View Post
I knew it was coming!!! Only matter of time, i told you this car was hot as any other, Camaro_RS!!!!!! See! lol lol
LOL I do remember you saying something of that sort a while back . Thanks a lot TS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Congrats on COTW!!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponte View Post
Congrats! Your car is very beautiful.
I appreciate the kind words!!!

Old 06-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #153
Schrant

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
What wheels are those and were did you get them i have a Cyber Grey Metallic and im looking for a wheel like that.
Schrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #154
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrant View Post
What wheels are those and were did you get them i have a Cyber Grey Metallic and im looking for a wheel like that.
They are 20" IVS Havoc wheels. Black chrome. I got them from xplosiveperformance.com. They're a vendor on here. I think quite a few vendors probably sell them.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #155
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Great looking car

CAI w/ADM scoop,Magnacharged 3.8 pulley,L92 ported heads,ss valves,patriot springs,yella terra rockers,Comp cam,L99 to LS3 conv.ATI super damper,Taylor plug wires,NGK plugs,ARH 1 7/8 lt headers w/Borla stingers,Elite oil catch can,trans cooler,Jannetty built Richmond 4.11 rear end,Spohn trailing arms,front Racing Brake rotors,Hawk hps pads,BMR end links,AACstyle lighting. Thanks to Shane & crew for engine work at Thunder Racing & tuner Jeoff at EPS. 501rwhp-463rwtq ++
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #156
nmalik3000

Drives: 2008 C6 z51 mn6
Your car looks totally awesome! Million times better than stock! Great taste in mods
nmalik3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #157
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
Great looking car
Thanks for the compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmalik3000 View Post
Your car looks totally awesome! Million times better than stock! Great taste in mods
Thanks a lot!!

Old 06-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #158
kcm117

Drives: White 2012 2LS
Those HAVOC wheels are sick, nice ride!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #159
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcm117 View Post
Those HAVOC wheels are sick, nice ride!
Thanks for noticing Kc. I appreciate the kind comments!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #160
gmg69

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo SS, Summit White
shweeeet!
gmg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #161
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
You've done great work to your ! I love it. Every thing is perfectly balanced with the white and black on the inside and out! Body kit looks awesome along with the wheels. I would have to say yours is one of the best lookin I've seen.
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #162
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmg69 View Post
shweeeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awill View Post
You've done great work to your ! I love it. Every thing is perfectly balanced with the white and black on the inside and out! Body kit looks awesome along with the wheels. I would have to say yours is one of the best lookin I've seen.
Thanks for the compliments !

Old 06-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #163
chevyswagger

Drives: 2011 camaro rs v6 dohc
might i suggest VHT light tint spray for the lights i used it on my tail light and it came out perfect and you don't have to sand just pre-wash with alcohol and rinse it off and dry it and its ready to paint...the best part is if you mess up it comes off with acetone, and i believe the drl's come out pretty easy 3 torx screws in each wheel well ,reach in and pop the lights right out , i tried the tint overlay but it didnt come out perfect and im too anal about it so i used the VHT, and its avalible ate autozone.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #164
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyswagger View Post
might i suggest VHT light tint spray for the lights i used it on my tail light and it came out perfect and you don't have to sand just pre-wash with alcohol and rinse it off and dry it and its ready to paint...the best part is if you mess up it comes off with acetone, and i believe the drl's come out pretty easy 3 torx screws in each wheel well ,reach in and pop the lights right out , i tried the tint overlay but it didnt come out perfect and im too anal about it so i used the VHT, and its avalible ate autozone.
Yo I've never heard of that! Thanks for the info, man. I think I might try it. I'd rather not have to take the DRL's out so I might try to tape them off and then spray the VHT? Did you try that at first?

Old 06-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #165
nvthegreen

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
I love the body kit on your ride but I'm curious as to what kind of rear bumper you have. That is not part of the Razzi kit right?

Mods: Custom Magnflow exhaust, Injen CAI, custom painted interior by Lupe, green footwell LED's by AAC, green dome and trunk LED's by AAC, custom painted bowties by Lupe, 'Camaro' and 'RS' emblems delete, black hockey stripes
nvthegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #166
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvthegreen View Post
I love the body kit on your ride but I'm curious as to what kind of rear bumper you have. That is not part of the Razzi kit right?
Yes. It is the "v8" rear diffuser for the Razzi kit. If you have an LT/LS you have the option of getting either the v6 or v8 diffuser. Both look nice, but I went with this one.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #167
Lucavi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Burgundy
Edit: My first two questions were already answered, so I have two more!

1) Is your black rear trunk panel simply painted black, or is it a newly-replaced piece? Same with your black gills behind the doors. I was debating getting both painted, but since yours look exactly how I'd want mine, I figured I'd ask you.

2) Your rear tail-lights; are they separate smoked lights, or are were they personally darkened with a kit from ebay, for example?

Last edited by Lucavi; 06-24-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Lucavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #168
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
1) Is your black rear trunk panel simply painted black, or is it a newly-replaced piece? Same with your black gills behind the doors. I was debating getting both painted, but since yours look exactly how I'd want mine, I figured I'd ask you.

The trunk blackout is actually a matte/flat black decal that I got from a vendor on here. The gills are also decals but they are gloss black haha but they look really good IMO and most other people's also. I got those from a vendor on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
2) Your rear tail-lights; are they separate smoked lights, or are were they personally darkened with a kit from ebay, for example?
I got the tail light tint kit from either a vendor on here or on ebay. I can't quite remember. Haha. But it was a kit that included tint for the four side markers and the tail lights. I just recently got the reverse markers from a different vendor. I'm not sure why it didn't come with the rest of the first kit I got for the rest of the lights.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #169
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Just bought this brand new from Camaro5 user mikeSS!

Getting it to tame down the higher pitched exhaust notes in the upper RPM range....i.e. rasp. Exhaust sounds great up to 2500-3000RPM but starts to scream a little too loud for me after that. I'm also looking into DT shorties and I'm hoping to get those soon.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #170
Lucavi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Burgundy
Thanks for the quick responses! I'll start looking for both the trunk blackout and gill decals!
Lucavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #171
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Ordered the DT short tubes after doing some somewhat exhaustive (partially, haha) research on headers.

It took me a while to decide on LT's vs ST's and decided that I wanted to get something that didn't require me to buy something else in order for it to perform exactly the way I wanted it to (i.e. having to buy/get a tune for the CEL to be removed) in lieu of the added performance/sound of the LT's. The LT's will add quite a bit more hp compared to the ST's and will also add the increased loudness of the exhaust.

I feel comfortable going with the DT's, though, due to while reading through it seems that some people were having some problems with LT's (not most people, but some) whereas I couldn't find anyone having trouble with the DT shorties and everyone who had them raved about how much they liked them. No CEL's and a good fit and finish. They are ceramic coated and it seems nobody has been having any heat issues. Also, IMO, they were a good price.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #172
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Just waiting on the DT's now.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #173
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Very nice I have been debating LTs or shorties and I think I'm gonna lean towards LTs when I can afford the LTs and tune haha. But can't wait to hear a vid of your new exhaust sound when you get everything installed.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #174
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Very nice I have been debating LTs or shorties and I think I'm gonna lean towards LTs when I can afford the LTs and tune haha. But can't wait to hear a vid of your new exhaust sound when you get everything installed.
Yeah I would've gone LT's if I didn't need the tune. Not that I don't want to tune....but just not right now haha.....and didn't want to drive around with the CEL.

I'll get some before and after vids for sure.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #175
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Yeah I would've gone LT's if I didn't need the tune. Not that I don't want to tune....but just not right now haha.....and didn't want to drive around with the CEL.

I'll get some before and after vids for sure.
Nice can't wait. O by the way what did you ever end up doing with your fuze box cover. I remember you deciding between the black bowtie or not and I suggested just using a sharpie to go over the outlines.